OT: Underwater cameras

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Anyone here have any experience with underwater cameras? I’m considering getting one and mounting it to something like an RC boat to goof off with for the kids. Obviously looking for something that is not thousands of dollars.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Anyone here have any experience with underwater cameras? I’m considering getting one and mounting it to something like an RC boat to goof off with for the kids. Obviously looking for something that is not thousands of dollars.
Go Pro. Mine was around $500, I think…

Reactions: missouridawg

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I have this one that I take snorkeling.

It takes great pics unless surf has kicked up the silt and sand. In that case, its useless because the auto-focus pics up the sand.

My girlfriend uses some cheap go-pro knock off that works pretty good and isn't bothered by the sand and silt but of course the pics aren't quite as clear as the Fuji.

Reactions: missouridawg

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
After researching those, it doesn’t appear any have live feed options, right? Would love to be able to stream that from the boat/bank while we are out looking around.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
My Go Pro will allow me to control it from an app on my phone. Part of that feature allows me to actually watch what is happening live on my phone. At least I think that’s how it works. I need to get that Go Pro out and play with it again, but I’m pretty sure you can essentially watch a live stream on your phone with the app.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Like others have said Go Pro. I had a digital in a housing years ago but the Go Pro has lapped it. Mine is a little older so I will lose live feeds when it goes underwater not sure if that his the case with the newer ones and a limitation of Bluetooth overall.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006

you know the rules.
A guy can dream. Right?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login