OT Update 1.2 Billion $$ now. What would you do id you won?

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
If someone hits the winning number, the estimated payout on Megamillion Tuesday night (7/26) is $810,000 long term payout, or a pretax check for $470,000,000. Of course, it isn't the record, which was $1.5 Billion or something like that.

Just for fun - Will you buy a ticket for the drawing? (I have one). What would you spend the money on if you won?

Last edited:

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Establish a charitable foundation that would fund education projects all over the place. However, not before I put some teeth in our NIL foundation so ya’ll would quit worrying about it. I will never win it so, I guess I’ll have to listen to all this SPS angst.

40 days til kickoff!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Arch Manning would be a bulldog. Even if he’s not that great, seeing OM fans head explode would be worth it.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Yes I’ve got about $30 invested in it since week before last. I will donate some more tomorrow.

Odds are very slim on winning anything, but it is 0.000000000000000 % if you don’t have a ticket.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Tear the dude down to the substrate and let all the certified message board "architects" rebuild it 🤡

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Take my dad, my kids, and a few friends on the best month long hunting trip money can buy. It would have to include Argentina dove, New Mexico elk, and helicopter hogs in Texas. Then I’d buy plenty of ground in the Midwest for whitetail, turkeys, and pheasant/quail.

Yes. I’d miss the first game because it’s opening weekend of dove season**

Last edited by a moderator:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Take my dad, my kids, and a few friends on the best month long hunting trip money can buy. It would have to include Argentina dove, New Mexico elk, and helicopter hogs in Texas. Then I’d buy plenty of ground in the Midwest for whitetail, turkeys, and pheasant/quail.

Yes. I’d miss the first game because it’s opening weekend of dove season**

The hunting land in the Midwest would be something I’d do too. Never deer hunted there but have done pheasant and quail. Last year did turkey for the first time (Kansas). After hunting pretty hard in MS and killing one turkey and not seeing that many, I go to Kansas and my first morning out I hear 5 gobbles on the roost, see tons of turkeys and kill a nice Tom all before 7 AM

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
First purchase would be the right lawyers to keep my name from ever showing up in public as the winner.....

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
First purchase would be the right lawyers to keep my name from ever showing up in public as the winner.....

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
The hunting land in the Midwest would be something I’d do too. Never deer hunted there but have done pheasant and quail. Last year did turkey for the first time (Kansas). After hunting pretty hard in MS and killing one turkey and not seeing that many, I go to Kansas and my first morning out I hear 5 gobbles on the roost, see tons of turkeys and kill a nice Tom all before 7 AM

And that’s after KS turkey populations are down in a large part of the state over the last 15 years. It’s still crazy how much more activity you’ll get on a 3 day hunt in KS compared to 6 weeks of hard hunting in MS.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If someone hits the winning number, the estimated payout on Megamillion Tuesday night (7/26) is $810,000 long term payout, or a pretax check for $470,000,000. Of course, it isn't the record, which was $1.5 Billion or something like that.

Just for fun - Will you buy a ticket for the drawing? (I have one). What would you spend the money on if you won?

Hire a lawyer, form an LLC with the lawyer as the registered agent and manager.

Buy Turbo prop ten seater. Hire a qualified pilot. Travel a lot.

House in ski town, Starkville, somewhere in Florida (probably the panhandle to make it easy for friend and family to use it). Maybe a house in the Bahamas. Use them and VRBO them.

Boat, as small as I can get a 3/2 and captains quarters on (maybe 65 ft?), and captain.

After taxes and buying all that, I should have $275M. That should throw off $5.5M in dividends. That should be enough to cover say $400k in payroll for pilot and captain and occasional deckhands, VRBOing houses would hopefully cover maintenance and expenses. Say another $200k in yearly maintenance for plane and boat, $30k in slip fees. Should still have over 4.75M to live off of each year, which I think would probably cover my other expenses.

Probably eventually buy rental property in the bahamas and manage it to keep myself busy and out of rehab.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
After reading all of the comments so far, my desire to fully stock the garage fridge with Diet Dr. Pepper and buy a couple of bags of Ruffles chips sounds sort'a lame. Oh well...

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I'm buying Texas A&M's next four recruiting classes and sending them to Starkville.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Set up my family. Set up educational opportunities for students at MSU and other colleges. I would give a decent amount to the initiative but nothing super crazy. I would like a small place here in Texas and Mississippi just for hunting and fishing and maybe some animals. Travel as much as I can once I can get healthy which is my #1 priority. Take care of yourself boys.

One thing I always wanted to do was spend one football season going to college and pro games each weekend wherever the best matchups are. I don't know how many games I could actually go to and still have fun but I would love to try.

Ray Caldwell

Nov 24, 2021
Step 1: buy the grove
Step 2: turn it into a really trashy trailer park called the Chandeliers this crashing property values all over Oxford
Step 3: buy reduced value properties all over Oxford
Step 4: remove said trailer park and the seedy element is brought, thus raising property values all over Oxford
Step 5: resale all previously purchased properties at much higher values.
Step 6: the funds from Oxford property sales would directly fund MS State NILs forcing Mississippi fans to pay for a series of State National Championships
Step 7: die a happy man

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login