OT: UT/OU

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Looking forward to seeing how this game plays out. UT's offense has, thus far, looked lethal. But they have also been almost entirely unchallenged. Their best win so far was NC State who struggled in their opener against WCU and looked fairly unimpressive against LaTech. I'd love an OU win, of course, but I suspect the UT offense will be too much for them. It's also OU's first real test of the year, after wins over Temple, Houston (in which they struggled) and Tulane. UT is a 6.5 point favorite, and I'd expect them to cover that comfortably, but we'll see Venables draws up for the OU D.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSIGamecock

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
I'm also very interested in this one as well. I'd expect Tennessee to blow Oklahoma out of the stadium, but you never know.

Unfortunately I won't be watching since our game is at 7:30 as well.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'm also very interested in this one as well. I'd expect Tennessee to blow Oklahoma out of the stadium, but you never know.

Unfortunately I won't be watching since our game is at 7:30 as well.

Multicast! A top 5 invention, at least.

SSIGamecock

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022
I'll be interested to see how it plays out. I personally think Tennessee's offense is too powerful, and their defense is sneaky good against a good OU D but poor offense.

OU will be fired up though. Night game. First SEC game ever for them, so they'll be playing that up big time, especially against a top 10 team that I'm sure their fanbase feels they have a better program than. Plus all the extras with Heupel, etc.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I never use multicast for Carolina games...just can't pay attention to other games when Carolina is on.

Depends on the game, for me. Honestly, as I've gotten older, I just can't handle the tension of close games like our LSU game last week. I was back and forth, up and down so much, was driving my wife bonkers. No less that 4 times, I turned to another game, tossed the remote on the side table in disgust and said "welp, that'll just about do it". Then I'd peek on my phone saw something good happened, so I'd turn it back on.

• Haha
Reactions: will110

SSIGamecock

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022
Multicast! A top 5 invention, at least.
A great invention, however, even with a 60" TV in my living room, 2 at once is tough for me that close together. Having them on separate tvs that requires head movement for some reason fits my eyes better lol.

Reactions: will110

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'll be interested to see how it plays out. I personally think Tennessee's offense is too powerful, and their defense is sneaky good against a good OU D but poor offense.

OU will be fired up though. Night game. First SEC game ever for them, so they'll be playing that up big time, especially against a top 10 team that I'm sure their fanbase feels they have a better program than. Plus all the extras with Heupel, etc.

Would be humbling for OU to get boat raced at home in their first ever SEC game by a team coached by an all-time Sooner legend. Meanwhile, their chief rival sits at #1 in the nation.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
A great invention, however, even with a 60" TV in my living room, 2 at once is tough for me that close together. Having them on separate tvs that requires head movement for some reason fits my eyes better lol.

If you're married and your wife went along with multiple TVs, I'd be curious to know how you convinced her haha

• Haha

SSIGamecock

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022
Would be humbling for OU to get boat raced at home in their first ever SEC game by a team coached by an all-time Sooner legend. Meanwhile, their chief rival sits at #1 in the nation.
I don't disagree at all there, and just to put my stance on it, I plan on throwing some money at Tennessee giving the 7 points. Just listened in on a podcast that spent 7-10 min breaking this one down, and most of what I got out of it is that their OLine isn't very good and Jackson Arnold is still a WIP - which to me, says we have a damn good chance when we head out west in a few weeks.
If you're married and your wife went along with multiple TVs, I'd be curious to know how you convinced her haha
Lol, I am married, but the 2 tvs aren't permanent. She's a big college football fan too, raised a UGA fan, went to Ga. Southern, which has rich tradition, live in Baton Rouge for a while, so got to experience LSU tailgates and married to me, a Gamecock. I only bring the 2nd tv in on CFB weekends and March Madness, but she's more than alright with it lol.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Depends on the game, for me. Honestly, as I've gotten older, I just can't handle the tension of close games like our LSU game last week. I was back and forth, up and down so much, was driving my wife bonkers. No less that 4 times, I turned to another game, tossed the remote on the side table in disgust and said "welp, that'll just about do it". Then I'd peek on my phone saw something good happened, so I'd turn it back on.
I couldn't handle the tension either lol...I've got a TV in the backyard, so I was pacing the yard as that 4th quarter played out. I never turned it off though...that's one thing I almost never do with Carolina, even if we're getting crushed.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
This was my setup for awhile in our basement. Then eventually one of the smaller TVs fell and broke, and the other TV's fire stick broke, so I'm back to my single screen.

Since this is the basement, my wife didn't really care that I had multiple screens. And I never really asked her, I just put them up like this lol

1726858060477.png

Latest posts