OT: Weekend Jukebox

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Today (6/5) is the birthday of Ellen Foley. She's an actress and singer. Singing-wise, she's most known for her collaborations with Meatloaf. To celebrate:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Thursday (6/6) is the birthday of the late, great, Levi Stubbles. He's more commonly known by his stage name, Levi Stubbs. He was a founding member, and the lead singer of the Four Tops. To celebrate:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Thursday (6/6) is the birthday of Gary Levone Anderson. He's known more commonly by his stage name, Gary U.S. Bonds. Bonds is one of the few musicians who can accurately claim that he headlined on a tour above the Beatles (which he did, in Europe, in 1963). To celebrate:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Thursday (6/6) is the birthday of the late, great, Howard Kirshenbaum. He's more commonly known by his stage name, Howie Kane. He was a vocalist (not the lead) for Jay and the Americans. To celebrate:

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Thursday (6/6) is the birthday of Gary Levone Anderson. He's known more commonly by his stage name, Gary U.S. Bonds. Bonds is one of the few musicians who can accurately claim that he headlined on a tour above the Beatles (which he did, in Europe, in 1963). To celebrate:

Love the song, but love this one even more because of the message.... 7 Day Weekend!

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Thursday (6/6) is the birthday of the late, great, Howard Kirshenbaum. He's more commonly known by his stage name, Howie Kane. He was a vocalist (not the lead) for Jay and the Americans. To celebrate:

Mrs. Gambit is a big fan of Jay and the Americans. Her favorite song is less often heard and so I will play it here. Sunday and Me, dedicated to the love of my life.....

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Thursday (6/6) is the birthday of the late, great, Levi Stubbles. He's more commonly known by his stage name, Levi Stubbs. He was a founding member, and the lead singer of the Four Tops. To celebrate:

I saw the Four Tops in concert at Rec Hall in November, 1967. It should be noted that this was during an 18 month period where my future wife and I had spit up because her parents thought we were too serious. I got a call from a high school female friend who had 2 extra tickets that I could have but the catch was that I had to take a "blind date" which was a sorority sister of hers. I agreed, but she failed to tell me that the seats were not together but a row and 5 seats apart. Fortunately, when others around us realized the problem, they moved, and we sat "tightly" together. As it turned out, sitting apart would have been better as we were not very compatible and never went out again.
By the way, tickets to that concert were $2.50. Really.
(See below. Not my ticket.)
s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login