OT: weird science stuff

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
revenge of the nerds GIF

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Warsaw Lab Students Holding Cats

Students in the laboratory presenting rotation of Schrödinger cat states. No actual cats were hurt during the project.

Reactions: DerHntr

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
you couldn't even make that movie in today's society. i realize some would call that progress...
Two teenage boys make an adult woman to have sex with? Yeah, that would go over well.

I had that movie on VHS and watched it no less than a hundred times as a kid. And my parents knew I did. The 80’s were a different time.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
This was somehow on TV at my grandmas house when I was probably around 10 years old. No clue if it was an edited tv version or if an older cousin put in a vhs, or what, but I vividly remember that gif posted above. I also remember my aunt being in the living room at the time and asking if I was allowed to watch this. “Yes ma’am, it’s about science”. It got turned off.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It's hilarious to me (probably not to the actresses) that the gratuitous boob shot(s) was basically a requirement of 80's teen comedies.

If they didn't have an obvious place for it, they'd just have the wind blow a buxom babe's top off and insert a BOING sound.

Listened to a pod with Amy Heckerling , director of the classic comedy Fast Times at Ridgemont High. She said they basically had to hold Phoebe Cates to the contract she signed when she tried to balk at the swimming pool boobie dream sequence.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
I think at some point in our future we’ll be smart enough to time travel back, and that time that we travel back to is pretty soon approaching. And these ‘aliens’ are really just these blobs of humanity that we evolved into over many centuries of playing VR traveling back in time

23-21 dawgs this weekend. Or so the almanac says.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The scene where Anthony Michael Hall and his buddy are hanging with the old black men is one of the best scenes ever in a movie and the best ever acted by a teenaged actor. He was phenomenal.

He never got the opportunity the try a more serious role in a good project. I thought he had some good chops in the movie. He was pretty good, but the scripted dialogue was not great. It was funny, and Bill Paxon stole every scene he was in... like he did in most movies he was acting in the 80's and 90s.

Kelly LeBrock

FHGQlwoXwAEGB2Q.jpg

Dayumn...

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
The scene where Anthony Michael Hall and his buddy are hanging with the old black men is one of the best scenes ever in a movie and the best ever acted by a teenaged actor. He was phenomenal.

Never seen the whole thing but I'm going to soon. Hadn't ever seen this clip. Gave me flashbacks of F Jones then stumbling over to Peaches at 2am to drink PBR w/ Vietnam vets. I miss bars like that

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I won’t rewatch it. There are a lot of movies from the 80’s that fall in that category for me. In my mind they were almost magical when I watched them then. I know if I watch them now it will take away from that. As don henley said, “don’t look back, you can never look back”. That song hurts more the older I get, btw.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ether those two aliens died smoking a doobie or at an LSU glory hole.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
So much strange, rather disturbing **** buried in this movie.

John Hughes basically just shat all of his crazy onto paper and formed it into a movie with a hot chick in the center.

• Haha
Reactions: CochiseCowbell
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login