OT: Welcome to the Metaverse

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Here's a sneak peek at the Metaverse for those of you haven't been yet.*

The NYC subway in The Metaverse looks exactly like the one in real life pic.twitter.com/F8qpSuquII— Kenny Lay (Parody) (@EnronChairman) February 7, 2022

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Here's a sneak peek at the Metaverse for those of you haven't been yet.*

The NYC subway in The Metaverse looks exactly like the one in real life pic.twitter.com/F8qpSuquII— Kenny Lay (Parody) (@EnronChairman) February 7, 2022

WTF did I just watch?

I'm hesitant to visit the metaverse after watching that.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't know why anyone would want to live in that ****-hole of a city, or even visit it w/ Fuckerbergs software

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Yeah, that's not too far off from the real thing.

I saw a lady being interviewed on TV about this. She joined the Metaverse and within 60 seconds of being there, her avatar was getting raped by three male avatars.

Sounds lovely.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I am so glad that so many people think Mississippi is beneath them. I spend the majority of my weekends in a couple hundred acres of pretty oak forest with my father and kids. Planting fields, checking cameras, riding atv’s.

Low taxes and cost of living.

Keep thinking we are dumb and no way you would ever be able to live here. Please.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Maybe there is a market for a Metaverse Private Security Firm "Drebin Detective Agency & Meta Protection Services"

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I am so glad that so many people think Mississippi is beneath them. I spend the majority of my weekends in a couple hundred acres of pretty oak forest with my father and kids. Planting fields, checking cameras, riding atv’s.

Keep thinking we are dumb and no way you would ever be able to live here. Please.

Same here, love it. I spent my afternoon cutting down invasive Chinese privet and poisoning it with triclopyr. Had a blast, and restored some normalcy to my woods. I feel like I’ve been at football practice.

Last edited:

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I am agreeing with you. Maybe I wasn’t that clear, but I was just rambling.

They can have that place. I’ll just chill down here doing my thing.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

Not disagreeing with your overall point, but the taxes aren't really that low in MS.

That vehicle ad valorem tax a sneaky one that most states don't have. Only Virginia's is higher. It's been a while, but I remember it being a real mother17er shelling out big chunks of money on ad valorem taxes every year (above and beyond sales tax) on a newer vehicle. Just looked it up. On my 2019 truck and my wife's 2017 SUV it would cost us an extra $1200 a year in vehicle ad valorem taxes if we lived in Clinton. For the combined mileages we drive and fuel we consume that's equivalent of about a $1.00 a gallon in extra gas taxes.

https://statetaxindex.org/

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
Yeah, that's not too far off from the real thing.

I saw a lady being interviewed on TV about this. She joined the Metaverse and within 60 seconds of being there, her avatar was getting raped by three male avatars.

Sounds lovely.

The fact that something exists that allows virtual rape is a fact that I absolutely cannot wrap my mind around.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Not disagreeing with your overall point, but the taxes aren't really that low in MS.

That vehicle ad valorem tax a sneaky one that most states don't have. Only Virginia's is higher. It's been a while, but I remember it being a real mother17er shelling out big chunks of money on ad valorem taxes every year (above and beyond sales tax) on a newer vehicle. Just looked it up. On my 2019 truck and my wife's 2017 SUV it would cost us an extra $1200 a year in vehicle ad valorem taxes if we lived in Clinton. For the combined mileages we drive and fuel we consume that's equivalent of about a $1.00 a gallon in extra gas taxes.

Yep. Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and Arkansas residents pay through the nose in taxes, have pitiful services/schools/roads, and keep re-electing the same state government officials who are robbing them blind all the while convincing them they have low taxes.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Btw the video…that’s a bit from like 5 years ago from The Eric Andre Show on Adult Swim. All the characters are a version of the host. Dude is hilarious.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Yep. It's an Eric Andre deal. Actually an NFT from this summer though, not sure if it was ever actually on his show. That's why the sarcasterisk is there. The tweet was just too money not to share.

But last I saw for 69 eth, the NFT can be yours..

httphttps://superrare.com/artwork-v2/ride-the-e-train-ft.-eric-andre-25824

Last edited:

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014

I live in Texas, and love it when I tell Texans I'm going home to Mississippi for awhile. Their typical reaction is "that sounds horrible"...9 times out of 10 they've never even been to Mississippi. I hope the irony of Texans calling MS a sh*thole isn't lost on them.

If my job ever lets me go full time remote/work from home, I'm permanently moving back.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Yeah they have no idea. The entire eastern half of Texas basically is Mississippi... With more dipshits.

Last edited:

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
people who live in mississippi long enough know the total cost of a new vehicle

it's no surprise come tag time. if you pay 50k for a new f150 do you really have a case for complaint?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
If you’re looking for remote work…

I live in Texas, and love it when I tell Texans I'm going home to Mississippi for awhile. Their typical reaction is "that sounds horrible"...9 times out of 10 they've never even been to Mississippi. I hope the irony of Texans calling MS a sh*thole isn't lost on them.

If my job ever lets me go full time remote/work from home, I'm permanently moving back.

….there’s probably never been a better time than now to find it! I’m in DFW, but just got a great gig that’s 100% remote. Also just did some contracting with USAA, and they are definitely all in with remote.

Plus, it’s the beginning of the year and people hire more now!

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I guess not, but it's still a tax. If you want to drive a ****** vehicle and keep your taxes low, that's for you to decide. Same as living in a ****** house in Texas or Florida to keep the property taxes down. Or driving an electric vehicle in California to avoid high gas taxes.

Personally, I am a big fan of making very little income to keep my taxes low... Screw the tax man.***

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Just say no to anything to do with Zuckerberg....or Bill Gates for that matter. They are not good people.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

Add in banging fat chicks from Fulton and i'm in!

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
My 2 year old managed to disgust half a NYC subway car.

Was resting her head after a long day, turned, and straight up licked the pole between myself and my wife. Wife had no clue, but I caught it out of the side of my eye and asked the lady across from me, "did she just lick that pole?". The entire side of the car responded with wide eyes, "YES!". Nothing you can do at that point but laugh.

She didn't die. I like to think it boosted her immune system with all the bits of Hep C and God knows what else on that pole. Lil' scamp.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
This coming from a person who helped vote in this cluster17 going on now. Just damn…..

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
No need to worry. Zuckerberg introduced a safe word to stop gang raped in his world

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Yep. Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and Arkansas residents pay through the nose in taxes, have pitiful services/schools/roads, and keep re-electing the same state government officials who are robbing them blind all the while convincing them they have low taxes.

We have high tax rates, we don't have high tax revenues. Lots of our counties with high ad valorem rates still don't have a ton of money to spend on schools. Not that we don't have a lot of districts that are shittily managed also, but it's not like they have a lot of money to blow compared to other states.

Also, Mississippians don't keep voting for the same state government officials. The entire state was pretty strongly in the hands of democrats two decades ago. A lot of our elected officials are still big on government spending and are probably not very conservative except maybe socially conservative, but there has at least been pressure put on them. Maybe not stopping all the wasteful and/or corrupt spending, but it hasn't exploded as much as it could have/would have if voting patterns hadn't changed.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
We have high tax rates, we don't have high tax revenues. Lots of our counties with high ad valorem rates still don't have a ton of money to spend on schools. Not that we don't have a lot of districts that are shittily managed also, but it's not like they have a lot of money to blow compared to other states.

Also, Mississippians don't keep voting for the same state government officials. The entire state was pretty strongly in the hands of democrats two decades ago. A lot of our elected officials are still big on government spending and are probably not very conservative except maybe socially conservative, but there has at least been pressure put on them. Maybe not stopping all the wasteful and/or corrupt spending, but it hasn't exploded as much as it could have/would have if voting patterns hadn't changed.

Come on now. All that changed was the capital letter after the name. Our state political leaders' views on taxing and spending didn't change a whit. You know this.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login