OT: Welcome to the Metaverse

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Actually that’s not rape.

I’m pretty sure it’s consensual.

But your joke was funny nonetheless.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Come on now. All that changed was the capital letter after the name. Our state political leaders' views on taxing and spending didn't change a whit. You know this.

When people were discussing the Mississippi being out of money, Ronnie Musgrove essentially replied that the state had plenty of money because the citizens had plenty of money that could be taxed. I can't imagine anybody aspiring to statewide office saying something like that today.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
In that mindset, every tax is a decision.

Sales tax, buy less stuff.
Gas tax, drive fewer miles.
Property tax, own less valuable property.
Income tax, make less taxable income.
Death tax, don't die with **** in your name.

Taxes are taxes, how you choose to minimize them is up to you. But by taxing vehicle ownership at such a high rate, it is punitive to own a nice new vehicle in Mississippi. Same as owning nice real estate in Texas.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
When people were discussing the Mississippi being out of money, Ronnie Musgrove essentially replied that the state had plenty of money because the citizens had plenty of money that could be taxed. I can't imagine anybody aspiring to statewide office saying something like that today.

He presided over and signed 4 years worth of typical Mississippi budgets (and was Lt. Gov). But yeah, maybe he said something once that might could be interpreted to mean something different than the actions he definitely took. /eyeroll.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Do you think the Legislature and tater's crew will be ok stealing slightly less? I don't.

Well, there's going to be less available to siphon off if they pass either of the two major tax reduction bills, so either they are ok with it, or they all naively think that it's other people's corruption that's going to take a hit.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
He presided over and signed 4 years worth of typical Mississippi budgets (and was Lt. Gov). But yeah, maybe he said something once that might could be interpreted to mean something different than the actions he definitely took. /eyeroll.

Wait, you're defending "light-in-the-loafers" Musgrove?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login