OT- what’s happening in Columbus- body hanging from billboard?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Local news made out like it was a suicide. They were talking about mental health and places to get help.

DoctorDawg

Aug 24, 2012
He hung himself around 1PM Sunday. He had a history of mental issues with a unexpected death in his family that he had a hard time dealing with. Horrible situation.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
But apparently it is sixpack cool (for some) to make fun of them.
I had a friend that committed suicide he was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia just months before he did that. Felt really bad for him and his family. I talked with counselors for days trying to figure out best way to try to handle the situation. He let himself into my house one time uninvited. I just had to just play it cool. Called me all times of the night talking gibberish and weird stuff. Just a hard situation. Wish I could have done more. Just didn't know how or what to do

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I had a friend that committed suicide he was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia just no that before he did that. Felt really bad for him and his family. I talked with counselors for days trying to figure out best way to try to handle the situation. He let himself into my house one time uninvited. I just had to just play it it cool. Called me all times of the night talking gibberish and weird stuff. Just a hard situation. Wish I could have done more. Just didn't know how or what
The hard part is you can't make people get help and sometimes they don't think they need help or don't want help for whatever reason.

50 years ago it was easier to involuntarily "institutionalize" people. Certainly, there were abuses back then, but I think overall we'd be better off with fewer folks with significant mental issues on the street.

Reactions: PBRME and patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login