OT: What are y’all’s thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
Washington DCRemember that starting Saturday you will need these three things before heading out:1. Proof of Vaccination (12 years +)2. Proof of Vaccination and Photo ID (18 years +)3. MaskFor more information visit https://t.co/1guYaUWd08. pic.twitter.com/0s6Aspnu2x— Mayor Muriel Bowser (@MayorBowser) January 11, 2022

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Jeebus. Insert the Not this **** Again meme.

And that's in reference to bringing up this topic at all. I thought we had a no covid posts allowed rule.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
It's in GWGB category. They are going to chase a lot of people away by doing things like that.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
#1 seemed to work pretty smoothly when I was in New Orleans last month. #2 makes sense on paper but probably will lead to inefficiency and lax enforcement. #3 should not be required unless people fail to show #1.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Requiring an ID is racist. I've been reliably informed and it's settled so don't @ me.

You need to update your references. The Freedom to Vote Act, supported all Democrats in Congress, requires voter ID in all 50 states.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
#1 seemed to work pretty smoothly when I was in New Orleans last month. #2 makes sense on paper but probably will lead to inefficiency and lax enforcement. #3 should not be required unless people fail to show #1.
This is a reasonable way to do things. I would make the minimum age 18 though.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I am actually contemplating getting vaccinated. I guess I have put it off long enough. Probly stop by CVS one day this week and get it done. Pretty soon there will be a Nazi on every street corner requesting to inspect your papers to ensure you have followed orders.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
Yes, they gave on that one common sense issue in trade for "more open" voting by mail, early voting, and auto-registration laws, plus making election day a national holiday (like Americans need another day off), redistricting control, and of course the all-inclusive "protections against voter suppression". But you knew that.

In b4 the lock

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
More reasons not work or live in big cities. If I work there I won't spend money there so good luck getting my tax dollars.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Don't live in big cities if you don't want to do it. Live in them if you're fine with it. To each his own.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
More reasons not work or live in big cities. If I work there I won't spend money there so good luck getting my tax dollars.

Somebody's gotta live in Noxapater; how else will we know when the game's on there?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Yes, they gave on that one common sense issue in trade for "more open" voting by mail, early voting, and auto-registration laws, plus making election day a national holiday (like Americans need another day off), redistricting control, and of course the all-inclusive "protections against voter suppression". But you knew that

Manchin thinks he can convince 10 Republicans to support it without having to change the filibuster. Let's hope he's right!

bddawg

Feb 21, 2018
You need to update your references. The Freedom to Vote Act, supported all Democrats in Congress, requires voter ID in all 50 states.
It doesn't require a picture id a utility bill counts. Why is it so hard to have a photo id? ...

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
I am actually contemplating getting vaccinated. I guess I have put it off long enough. Probly stop by CVS one day this week and get it done. Pretty soon there will be a Nazi on every street corner requesting to inspect your papers to ensure you have followed orders.

Honest question: Are you considering getting it now because of contexts in which it is required (travel/mobility, restaurants/shops, employment, other mandates, etc.) or are you getting it for medical reasons? In other words, has the last year convinced you of the vaccine's efficacy and the threat of COVID-19 moving forward?

Last edited:

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Despite city dwellers being infinitely wiser than their rural dirt farm counterparts, someone should dial up and fax them what the CEO of Pfizer said yesterday about the vaccine showing limited, if any, protection against the Moronic variant.

But ALAS! the magic talisman cure vaccine is on the way and coming to a CVS near you!! But triple mask until it get here in March, all ye dirty hicks.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Its amazing how the teens I work with can be less dramatic than adults who parent them.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
when does that herd immunity finally kick in for y'all? Maybe you need to drink more urine.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
when does that herd immunity finally kick in for y'all? Maybe you need to drink more urine.
Didn't you just ask for an auto-ban on threads like these? Yet here you are engaging with folks?

And also, you do realize we'll hit herd immunity eventually right? Through a mix of vaccinated people, antibodies and dead bodies.

You need to quit with the buzzwords, makes you sound as bad as the people you're trying to criticize (in a thread that you criticized).

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
yep. This **** should be locked down and anyone who posts these threads should be immediately banned. clearly, the threats have no meaning. time for some action. Quit posting these stupid threads. Go yell on facebook with the other grannies.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
yep. This **** should be locked down and anyone who posts these threads should be immediately banned. clearly, the threats have no meaning. time for some action. Quit posting these stupid threads. Go yell on facebook with the other grannies.
Your posts reek of angry 65-year old granola eating ex-hippy from Vermont.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Up until a few weeks ago when you mentioned being a millennial, I would have thought you were his 70 year old potted meat eating free mason neighbor living on the New Hampshire side of the state line.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
no. my posts reek of 'tired of hearing the same people yell the same bitching on a 'supposedly' all sports board'... It is just such a circle jerk of the same half dozen who want to be petted and told they are pretty with their same ********. 90% of the COVID posts are from the same people.

And why would an 'ex hippie' be the one living in vermont eating granola!?!?! that doesn't even make sense. What would cause a hippie to give up their hippie-ness and then choose to move to vermont and still eat granola!?!? I think you swung and missed with that, buddy.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
That real estate... I bought my house for 6 bitcoin back in November and it's now worth 10 bitcoin. (I don't keep track of things in fiat anymore.)

Not since El Salvador, Radio Shack, and the new mayor of New York City went all in on bitcoin. Those are the ones who I ride or die with.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I was on the fence until I saw the Matt Damon commercial. Now I'm full bitchcoin, *****.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
17 you dickhead
Oh come on- read your post and tell me it isnt incredibly dramatic. You claim that Nazis will soon be on every street corner to inspect papers. You really cant step back and see how dramatic that is?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I'm gonna go out on limb and bet there are "few" people roaming around DC with outstanding arrest warrants. Somebody's gonna get their *** shot when they just up and randomly start stopping and asking these folks for ID's.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Good call. And am I the only one that wants to kick him in the nuts for say fortune favors the brave instead of bold?

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Only due to requirements. The last year has convinced me the vaccine is not very effective for prevention. I guess it may lessen the effects but it has such a different effect on different people its hard to say. I only do the bare minimum as far as masking and social distancing and all that ********. I haven't had Covid so far and several people I work with have. So I'm not too concerned about Covid but the vaccine is pretty safe and with the OSHA regulation its being forced.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Nope. Have you watched any news out of Australia ? The requirements are getting ridiculous here in many cities and the left is making all kinds of ridiculous demands. Personally I am sure I am immune already so its not a big deal to me. If I was 70 years old and a fat diabetic I might be concerned but I am not. Statistically it is not very deadly. There are 8 billion people on this planet. Less than 1% died of Covid. Car wrecks are more dangerous, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login