OT: What are y'all's thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
Oh my ******* goodness: Canada's Deputy Prime Minister says that, as part of the Emergencies Act, they are broadening Canada's "Terrorist Financing" rules so that they cover crowdfunding platforms and cryptocurrencies to the Canadian Freedom Convoy pic.twitter.com/35bXSu4k6j— Greg Price (@greg_price11) February 14, 2022

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The elites are fearing a blue collar uprising. They are doing everything they can to stop it.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Oh my ******* goodness: Canada's Deputy Prime Minister says that, as part of the Emergencies Act, they are broadening Canada's "Terrorist Financing" rules so that they cover crowdfunding platforms and cryptocurrencies to the Canadian Freedom Convoy pic.twitter.com/35bXSu4k6j— Greg Price (@greg_price11) February 14, 2022

When backed into a corner, progressives always reveal who they really are.

We are in the midst of a great awakening. Conservatives, moderates, and reasonable liberals are coming together to push back on the nonsense. It's a progressive's greatest fear.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
There was an easy solution to this whole trucker mess. You could have had every single trucker voluntarily take the vaccine... And a couple of boosters every day with a just a little rebranding.

View attachment 23887

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015
Not surprising in the least bit.

It's been past due to ease the Covid restrictions.

But the underlying fear is that some Americans will use those crowdsourcing platforms to fund the current uprising. Just like this Freedom Convey.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
And your response says a lot about your sense of humor. If we can't make a trucker meth joke in the world... That's 17ing oppression.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
There was an easy solution to this whole trucker mess. You could have had every single trucker voluntarily take the vaccine... And a couple of boosters every day with a just a little rebranding.

View attachment 23887

Obvious you don't know any truck drivers and the bull **** they go through to keep CDL license and they probably make more money than you and most who post on the board.

birdawg

Aug 13, 2009
I find it terrifying but I'm not familiar with Canadian law. The voices of the elite will be the only ones heard

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Shirley, you can't be serious. It's a joke.

And are you trying to income shame me? That's not cool. I can't get my CDL due to the poor color vision and all.

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015
It may have started as a protest by truckers against the vaccine mandate, but it's morphed into way more than that and getting spun in every direction by the media.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

Fear sells. And the media has celebrity endorsement bills to pay.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
No clue what you can and can't do in Canada

I know one thing though. If it happens here this board would have no consistency on opinion if truckers were bottlenecking important parts of infrastructure vs if BLM was doing the same. One would be labeled the blue collar resistance and the other a terrorist group - despite both group of ******** needing a swift kick in the *** and removal from vital bridges. Shutting down commerce is not a peaceful protest no matter the motivation.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If both are blocking the street, my opinion is the same. Handle them both the same.

If one is blocking the street and only blocking the street and the other is blocking the street while destructing property that doesn’t belong to them, THEY ARE DIFFERENT.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I suspect all of this labor trouble is substantially increasing investments in automation. I could see a rail increase as well. Takes way less fuel per ton and way fewer operators. Don’t know enough about the protest itself to have an informed opinion on it specifically

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login