OT: what's going on with all the stuff in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
We had the balloon. Then an object shot down over Canada. Now airspace has been shut down over Montana due to another object. Fighters and refueling tankers were scrambled. And I believe a third object was shot down earlier. No footage of the wreckage. Nobody really talking. And reports from the F-22 pilots involved in the shoot down today saying they saw no noticeable propulsion system yet it changed speed, direction, and altitude.

snoopdog

Mar 25, 2008
We had the balloon. Then an object shot down over Canada. Now airspace has been shut down over Montana due to another object. Fighters and refueling tankers were scrambled. And I believe a third object was shot down earlier. No footage of the wreckage. Nobody really talking. And reports from the F-22 pilots involved in the shoot down today saying they saw no noticeable propulsion system yet it changed speed, direction, and altitude.
M. Night Shyamalan would suggest go to the lake. He heard they don’t like water.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I've been losing weight (42 lb since November). When I eat fried food, the stuff in the air is like a combo of diesel and boiled eggs. Ate fried fish tonight.
You’re destroying the atmosphere!
fart GIF

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
My belief right now is it’s political posturing as a reaction to appearing weak and losing face with the balloon incident. So now we are making up a few “threats” to show how reactive and strong the leadership is.

I am very skeptical person by nature so it may just be that creeping in, but I believe it’s just a show to claw back a little trust from constituents.

In other words a bunch of ********.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Giant floating balloons just seem like tech from a half century ago.
If it were drones or jets, I would be really concerned. But it's slow *** balloons and that's just weird.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My belief right now is it’s political posturing as a reaction to appearing weak and losing face with the balloon incident. So now we are making up a few “threats” to show how reactive and strong the leadership is.

I am very skeptical person by nature so it may just be that creeping in, but I believe it’s just a show to claw back a little trust from constituents.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Giant floating balloons just seem like tech from a half century ago.
If it were drones or jets, I would be really concerned. But it's slow *** balloons and that's just weird.
They have the orbs that move faster than anything we’ve ever seen. The one over Montana today spotted by norad then vanished using cloak-ability technology.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I believe they just said that the latest Montana event might have been a false alarm. It's nighttime now but there are other methods of detection.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Y'all aren't taking the fact that Trump admin couldn't spot nor shoot the spy balloons down well at all....
I guess nobody had camera phones back then. I’m sorry but I’d like to see a picture of the spy balloons that you claim from that period of time. Maybe some more citizen pictures of it from ground?Otherwise, you have no proof and are just repeating what you’ve been told by mass media.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If it's unclear, the balloon came from China, and I'm convinced that the rest of these "Airspace Things" have come from China. I would also point out that the current administration and Democratic politicians, like our former Speaker of the House, are in love with China and are afraid to say **** to them. This makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

As far as the Chinese go... The government tries to test us at every turn. They're trying to buy up all of our agricultural land in the United States and Chinese young people have a fantastic view of Americans and other foreigners.

NSFW

* I had to re-edit that because of the obvious language.

Last edited:

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Y'all aren't taking the fact that Trump admin couldn't spot nor shoot the spy balloons down well at all....
Neither "The Trump Administration" nor "The Biden Administration" are doing any spotting or shooting. I'm pretty confident the military is in charge of those tasks.

Administrations set policy and decide how to handle things if that policy is breached. They are notified of those threats and breaches through security briefings.

I don't figure there are any political appointees pulling those triggers or even watching the radar.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022

👎👎

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
These incidents are simply China testing us, not just the government, but also to see how the populace reacts. No doubt if the news reporter in Montana hadn't photographed the one from last week, the government (who knew about it well before it crossed into our airspace) would have just let it pass through. The whole world saw how we bungled the Afghanistan withdrawal and understands that our POTUS has diminished mental capacity (and no one knows who is really in charge), so we are getting testing. Another thing to understand is the leader of China has completely isolated himself and takes counsel from no one, his underlings are scared to tell him anything but what he wants to hear, so he may not be making the best decisions either.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Neither "The Trump Administration" nor "The Biden Administration" are doing any spotting or shooting. I'm pretty confident the military is in charge of those tasks.

Administrations set policy and decide how to handle things if that policy is breached. They are notified of those threats and breaches through security briefings.

I don't figure there are any political appointees pulling those triggers or even watching the radar.
I agree. I'm just trolling these dumbasses that jumped all over Biden last week when their guy let balloons drift over HI, TX, and FL. Fact is...none of us know what's truly happening...we just get bits passed along to us here and there.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I guess nobody had camera phones back then. I’m sorry but I’d like to see a picture of the spy balloons that you claim from that period of time. Maybe some more citizen pictures of it from ground?Otherwise, you have no proof and are just repeating what you’ve been told by mass media.
No more or less proof than you have. What story do you believe and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login