OT: what's going on with all the stuff in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
All the events we're talking about now would be classified had the first one not been not been spotted by a civilian, and so large that it could be seen from the ground.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Neither do you. Tell me bout the spaceships and why Trump would have shot them down. Wait...I mean why they never would have shown up.
You're obsessed with the bad optics the political party you bow down and worship is getting blasted with. You therefore seek not the truth because it is not within you.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
The Canadian Defense Minister said the one shot down over Canada earlier appeared to be cylindrical. I suspect they know more than what it "appeared" to be. Hopefully it can be recovered tomorrow in the daylight. The one off the northern coast of Alaska may take a while since this time of they year there's essentially no daylight inside the Arctic Circle.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Quote the specific people you believe? Dance for me!
"I can refute it. It didn't happen," Ratcliffe said (Former DNI)

Former Secretary of Defense Mark Esper refuted it.

Former Secretary of State and CIA Director Mike Pompeo has refuted it.

ETC etc etc etc

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
These balloons aren’t happening for no reason. There is a motive behind it. Either they are testing their boundaries or distracting us. Something serious is going on.

I’m sure we are and we better be on 17’n high alert.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
These incidents are simply China testing us, not just the government, but also to see how the populace reacts. No doubt if the news reporter in Montana hadn't photographed the one from last week, the government (who knew about it well before it crossed into our airspace) would have just let it pass through. The whole world saw how we bungled the Afghanistan withdrawal and understands that our POTUS has diminished mental capacity (and no one knows who is really in charge), so we are getting testing. Another thing to understand is the leader of China has completely isolated himself and takes counsel from no one, his underlings are scared to tell him anything but what he wants to hear, so he may not be making the best decisions either.

I see you listen to JRE

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
"I can refute it. It didn't happen," Ratcliffe said (Former DNI)

Former Secretary of Defense Mark Esper refuted it.

Former Secretary of State and CIA Director Mike Pompeo has refuted it.

ETC etc etc etc
And current leaders are lying, I'm sure.

we believe who we want to believe and I believe in Jans and the dogs. Now it's time for Biden to let the Jyner space invaders take advantage of his weak image and invade us shortly after we slide in the tournament and ruin my March

Reactions: vandaldawg

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

we believe who we want to believe and I believe in Jans and the dogs. Now it's time for Biden to let the Jyner space invaders take advantage of his weak image and invade us shortly after we slide in the tournament and ruin my March
Well, there IS a pretty high probability of that happening. Of course, it's nothing new - been happening for eons.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
In your mind I'm sure it has.
It really doesn't matter but it's a great phrase to use at parties and throw in general discussion when somebody says tries to something about Biden not being able to blink or speak coherently anymore.

All you have to do is say, "It happened when Trump was in office!" and that pretty much debunks anything and destroys your whole point of view. It makes you look super cool, popular at parties, and it makes everyone else forget about all of this **** flying around in the air or whatever may be the problem. It can make you try to shake hands with empty space, sniff hair, or yell, "Finish the job!"

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Neither do you. Tell me bout the spaceships and why Trump would have shot them down. Wait...I mean why they never would have shown up.
youare GIF

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
They passed us long ago in the technological race. They control the stratosphere now.
No. They haven't. If they did they'd be showcasing it from their rooftops. They are just now catching up to F-22 technology which is some 30 years old. They have no clue what we're flying now, they just chase after our unclassified platforms. I have a buddy who retired from the Navy and now works for Raytheon. He obviously can't get into the intricate details of the technology, but he'll tell you they are still behind the US, way behind. According to him, we have been flying autonomous fighter drones ever since the F-35 was the biggest thing since sliced bread. The rest of the world is just waking up to the general concept of what a drone is and how it can be used.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Ballons can carry any type of weapon. From BIO, to Chem, to a nuke.... even EMP burst.
Yup, so can many things.
That doesn't change my view that it's just goofy to think we are talking about a 17ing balloon in 2023.

Stealth tech for 40 years now. Laser guided bombs. Devices more powerful than the computers which let us land on the moon are in the pocket of most every person over 10 years old. The ability to buy and sell across the globe in milliseconds. Governments stealing sensitive information from other countries without ever leaving the comfort of an office chair.
All that and much more, and a balloon that slowly drifts was used.

I don't know how that isn't funny to think about.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

No.. The current pentagon stated that if it happened its because we could not detect it. As the other poster said.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
It really doesn't matter but it's a great phrase to use at parties and throw in general discussion when somebody says tries to something about Biden not being able to blink or speak coherently anymore.

All you have to do is say, "It happened when Trump was in office!" and that pretty much debunks anything and destroys your whole point of view. It makes you look super cool, popular at parties, and it makes everyone else forget about all of this **** flying around in the air or whatever may be the problem. It can make you try to shake hands with empty space, sniff hair, or yell, "Finish the job!"
Yeah man. Trump **** talking really gets the attaboys on this board. I do it for the SPS cred***

I'm going to **** post every political thread and grievance posted here when I see it with the intention of getting it locked. I'm tired of the same handful of posters say the same got damn **** over and over and over. Nobody is learning anything. No content is being added. It's the same people posting some rehashed grievance or rabble rabble nonsense and the same people responding in the same way. It's old and has run its course multiple times over.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I don’t think either party can produce a viable candidate. Maybe it is time for a Keifer Sutherland presidency.
Both parties will nominate a candidate that gives the other their best shot at winning. So it'll be bumbling and demented vs senile and sociopathic. USA USA!

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Yeah man. Trump **** talking really gets the attaboys on this board. I do it for the SPS cred***

I'm going to **** post every political thread and grievance posted here when I see it with the intention of getting it locked. I'm tired of the same handful of posters say the same got damn **** over and over and over. Nobody is learning anything. No content is being added. It's the same people posting some rehashed grievance or rabble rabble nonsense and the same people responding in the same way. It's old and has run its course multiple times over.
Ah, so you are the hall monitor who is "God" and get to decide what gets talked about.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
If it's unclear, the balloon came from China, and I'm convinced that the rest of these "Airspace Things" have come from China. I would also point out that the current administration and Democratic politicians, like our former Speaker of the House, are in love with China and are afraid to say **** to them. This makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

As far as the Chinese go... The government tries to test us at every turn. They're trying to buy up all of our agricultural land in the United States and Chinese young people have a fantastic view of Americans and other foreigners.

NSFW

* I had to re-edit that because of the obvious language.
They are also trying to build up their military as fast as they can.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
So..not necessarily related to most of the discussion (on page 1), but there have been at least two ”close call” stories in the last few weeks, the latest being the FedEx/SW thing in Austin last Saturday.

So I’m on a flight to DFW Sunday evening..,we are coming in to land…gear down, pretty close to touching down. All of a sudden, hard nose up, pilot hits the throttle. Comes on a few minutes later and says runway wasn’t clear, or something to that affect.

Thursday, landing in Charlotte, almost identical circumstance..really close to the ground. Flight attendant was in jump seat next to me, and even she did a double take..
Im not an every week flyer, but I’ve only experienced a similar thing maybe once or twice.
Makes one think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login