OT: What's your opinion about Seersucker suits?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Too Ole Miss for me.
GIF by Wantering

Reactions: tbaydog

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
They're aggressively ole miss. I used to have a pair of shorts that were just comfortable as 17. I think the suit is a good look for Easter or like a Kentucky Derby party, but otherwise if you're gonna rock it routinely, you'd better be prepared for that to be your whole identity.

Basically, it's like a bow tie.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
I wouldn’t call them OM, I call them segregationist south couture and just so happens many Rebels are in to that. To pull it off you either need to talk like you’re in a John Gresham movie or be a ghey southerner. I am neither so not for me

Reactions: Darryl Steight

WranglerofDawgs

Apr 20, 2014
You’ve got a day or two a year that they’re acceptable, the rest of the time the dude wearing it just looks like he’s trying to hard.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Love em on a hot as$ day. Wear it regularly in the summer. Dont give a rats A$$ it’s not as hot as wool and have my white bucks from the old Progressive in Pontotoc. But I’m secure in my manhood and I’m damn sure no ole Miss boy.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Used to be in my regular Sunday rotation from Easter to Labor Day. For years, it was ropers and wranglers during the week and suites on Sunday. Now it's ropers/wranglers everyday + a sports jacket on Sunday.

And as Yeti said you wear white bucks with it and a lighter colored belt too.

Last edited:

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Personally, I've never cared for the seersucker look.

However, I own/wear only one suit (all black) for attending weddings and funerals.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Kolchak was an awesome show.
I always thought this was strange. My folks used to let me watch The Night Stalker but wouldn't let me watch Night Gallery. For any of you that watched Night Gallery, would it have been any scarier than The Night Stalker to an 8 year old?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login