OT: What's your opinion about Seersucker suits?

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Point of order, Matlock wore a grey suit but I don't believe it was seercucker.
Now you went and made me Google it as I was going to "strenuously object"* and would have sworn he did. *- one of my favorite movie lines and use all the time

Turns out we are both right (underline is why it stuck in my mind)
Yes, Andy Griffith's character Ben Matlock, a criminal defense attorney on the NBC TV show Matlock (1986-1995), wore a seersucker suit. The suit was part of the character and was heavily distressed to look like it had garbage stains.
The suit's part of the character. As Andy Griffith explains it, it started out as a seersucker suit, but that didn't photograph well. Now, it's plain gray, and he has a batch of them, all the same.

To the original question, I own one and wear it occasionally for fun to "uppity summer events"

Reactions: dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Now you went and made me Google it as I was going to "strenuously object"* and would have sworn he did. *- one of my favorite movie lines and use all the time

Turns out we are both right (underline is why it stuck in my mind)
Yes, Andy Griffith's character Ben Matlock, a criminal defense attorney on the NBC TV show Matlock (1986-1995), wore a seersucker suit. The suit was part of the character and was heavily distressed to look like it had garbage stains.
The suit's part of the character. As Andy Griffith explains it, it started out as a seersucker suit, but that didn't photograph well. Now, it's plain gray, and he has a batch of them, all the same.

To the original question, I own one and wear it occasionally for fun to "uppity summer events"
Oh wonderful, another Matlock's Suit Truther here

Aug 23, 2012
Too Ole Miss for me.
GIF by Wantering
I prefer pin cord

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Once aGAIN, I submit that the collective brainpower, opinions, humor and stupidity simultaneously showcased by this group of dubmasses on SPS on ANY topic surpasses anything one would believe. Only this site would go 2 pages on seersucker suits.

Cheers, gentlemen.

dwight salute.gif

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Once aGAIN, I submit that the collective brainpower, opinions, humor and stupidity simultaneously showcased by this group of dubmasses on SPS on ANY topic surpasses anything one would believe. Only this site would go 2 pages on seersucker suits.

Cheers, gentlemen.

View attachment 611316
Some of us are 17in geniuses, some of us are 17in morons. Some of us can’t tell the difference!

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login