OT: When is the last time

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Most 40 year old Dodge products are barely running, even though that was a Mitsubishi Montero rebranded to a Dodge. That was an era Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth were doing everything they could to make cheap vehicles and keep the doors open. The government was bailing them out w/ cash and "highly recommending" that government agencies buy their vehicles. I worked for the US Forest Service at that time and that's the only brand trucks we could buy. To this day I can't make myself buy a Dodge truck because they left such a bad taste in my psyche, they were awful. Lee Iacocca had some really good books though if you need a good holiday read. "Where Have All the Leaders Gone?" is excellent and "Iacocca: An Autobiography" are really good

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I knew a guy who had a Raider up until a few years ago. It had become a hunting UTV in it last years. On a similar subject, do you remember the Chevy Luv/ Isuzu Pup diesel pickups? Local guy who is a bit eccentric and has money has a fleet of these pickups. Years ago he started buying every one he could find. He has a warehouse full of them, probably somewhere between 25-50. He drives one every day. I see him in them all the time.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
Samurai FTW. A couple of my buddies have them - they use them in place of a Honda or Polaris or whatever.

You almost literally cannot get those things stuck.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
You fellas give me a heads up if you spot one of these in the road as well. I haven't seen one in a long time, for good reason. Early 90's Pontiac Tran Sport. Nothing like getting dropped off at the Jr high dance in my mom's dustbuster.

View attachment 23228

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Pretty sure the Pontiac Transport and the Plymouth Reliant met the same fate. If either of those cars had been sold in the Middle East they would have won the award for the vehicle most likely to be used in a car bombing.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
You fellas give me a heads up if you spot one of these in the road as well. I haven't seen one in a long time, for good reason. Early 90's Pontiac Tran Sport. Nothing like getting dropped off at the Jr high dance in my mom's dustbuster.

View attachment 23228

My parents had a Chevy Astro, two in fact. The first was Maroon and the second was Silver.

patdog

May 28, 2007
You should have had one of these (actually, it was a pretty cool van).

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
That probably the start of the downfall for GM. Like 5 of the same but slightly different models all out of the GM brand. All ugly as 17!

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Then there was the Lumina, right? It was really weird that they made a van AND a car with the same name. “Sir, we named it ‘Lumina’.” “But we already named a car that.” “No one will notice.”

fang

Nov 29, 2010
But you could drop the hammer in a Lumina...

I dodged a MHP in a rented Lumina once, curvy roads in NE MS, turned on a long straight road with hill peaks probably 1 mile apart, that's when i found out that the governor shuts it down at 114 MPH (heart attack) but kicks back on about 95.

was21

May 29, 2007
Lost Tom hunting camp...Issaquena County...north of Vicksburg...long time ago

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
My parents had a Chevy Astro, two in fact. The first was Maroon and the second was Silver.

My parents had an Astro too when I was in high school, I loved driving it. Built in coolers in the back, Lots of crazy times in that thing.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Touting four speakers is one of the more telling things re: age. Those things looked like crap on day one, but a number of people bought them. I think that all the bad designers at Olds went to Pontiac.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login