Ot: wing flats.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Option C- order some breaded breast meat chunks that have been coated in buffalo sauce and actually get something that is fully edible and doesn't make you work hard.

I feel like of all the crazy **** you've posted to this board, this is by far the craziest and most bannable.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Ah 17it. I'll say it. Wings are overrated by too many people. Nothing pisses me off more than getting invited to a "BBQ" and getting there to see there are 20 people and the host figured 30-40 wings would feed everyone. I am pretty sure I burn more calories eating the little 17ers than I get out of them. They're an appetizer not the main course.

I don't think wings deserve a spot in the top 10 of the BBQ/Grilling/Cookout world.

Brisket, steak, ribs, pulled pork, smoked sausage, tri tip, brats, fried fish, crawfish, and burgers are better in my book. Come at chicken 17ers.

ETA: glfr is 17d. Bone in is a hundred times better than boneless.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Option C- order some breaded breast meat chunks that have been coated in buffalo sauce and actually get something that is fully edible and doesn't make you work hard.

I guess you don't like ribs either. Too much work vs a pork butt.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Ah 17it. I'll say it. Wings are overrated by too many people. Nothing pisses me off more than getting invited to a "BBQ" and getting there to see there are 20 people and the host figured 30-40 wings would feed everyone. I am pretty sure I burn more calories eating the little 17ers than I get out of them. They're an appetizer not the main course.

I don't think wings deserve a spot in the top 10 of the BBQ/Grilling/Cookout world.

Brisket, steak, ribs, pulled pork, smoked sausage, tri tip, brats, fried fish, crawfish, and burgers are better in my book. Come at chicken 17ers.

Slight hijack…but the last time I went to the local Moe’s BBQ here in town, they had jacked up the price of their wing plate to 17ing NINETEEN DOLLARS. For a pound of wings….6 or 7 at most.

There was an actual shortage of wings (moreso, a shortage of labor to process them as opposed to the wings themselves) around the middle of last year. This led to temporary price hikes in some places. But that **** has long since subsided, yet you have the asshats still just keeping them up there in price because its the only above average item on the menu. 17 Moe’s.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Man I’ve tried to figure it out but I just wind up with skins.

Put your thumb right under where the 2 bones come together. Once there, just push up with your thumb and the bones will split.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I grab the end and split the two bones, I’m able to get all the meat then.

Not sure why, but I’ve always preferred the flats

Team Flats here and ^^^This all day....no wasted meat^^^^

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
or you could just bread some cotton balls, put some Buffalo sauce (nasty stuff by the way) on them and chew away. The cotton balls have the same consistency as breast meat, dry and chewy.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Point of contention: One wing - as sold via the many sources - is actually half a wing? They cut off the wing tip, cut the rest into two pieces and sell it as "2 wings" when in actuality you are getting two half wings. What a rip off. A wing should be a full wing.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Point of contention: One wing - as sold via the many sources - is actually half a wing? They cut off the wing tip, cut the rest into two pieces and sell it as "2 wings" when in actuality you are getting two half wings. What a rip off. A wing should be a full wing.

"Whole"

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Wings (and dark meat in general) taste infinitely better than white meat. Plus its boned meat which tastes better too. It’s not that hard to eat chicken wings unless you’re trying to eat them with a fork which is probably what you do.

/takesdeepbreathinanticipationofagreeingwithmstateglfr

Which is why I think they are somewhat wasted in buffalo wings. I don't eat buffalo wings to taste dark meat. I eat buffalo wings to have buffalo flavored meat. And Buffalo chicken strips give me all the flavor I want with meat that is not dried out.

Wings are for smoking. Chicken breast is for frying.

/hangsheadinshame

I'll see myself out.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Just because they are an appetizer doesn't mean they're not great. I would say a great smoked wing is as good as a couple of bites of any of the items you mentioned. I wouldn't want to eat just wings or just smoked sausage as a main course though. Same with crab cakes (ignoring the 75% of them that should be called breading cakes and are only even acceptable as an appetizer before a main course of steak marinated in italian dressing along with microwavable "twice baked" potatoes); they're good and phenomenal when done right, but i'm not sure they're an entree.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Scoreboard Club finally added wings to the menu a couple of years ago. Finally, I mean what goes better together than wings, beer, and football? They didn't put them on the buffet, they had a serving station. You got THREE 17ing wings. THREE!

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

I'd never thought of it that way, but you make a point that is factually and logically correct.

Somebody on this board needs to make this argument when he is presented the bill at a wing restaurant and demand to see the manager.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Scoreboard Club finally added wings to the menu a couple of years ago. Finally, I mean what goes better together than wings, beer, and football? They didn't put them on the buffet, they had a serving station. You got THREE 17ing wings. THREE!

Three full or three halfs?

I eat wings for three reason: the skin, the fat, and the gristle. If you’re not eating everything but the bone then you’re not Doing it correctly.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Slight hijack…but the last time I went to the local Moe’s BBQ here in town, they had jacked up the price of their wing plate to 17ing NINETEEN DOLLARS. For a pound of wings….6 or 7 at most.

There was an actual shortage of wings (moreso, a shortage of labor to process them as opposed to the wings themselves) around the middle of last year. This led to temporary price hikes in some places. But that **** has long since subsided, yet you have the asshats still just keeping them up there in price because its the only above average item on the menu. 17 Moe’s.

The price has come down some but still high. 2 years ago a 40lb case of wings would be 70. A few months ago the same case is 170. It’s been crazy

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
When I do wings at home it’s always smoked. It gives them the best flavor and I either use a dry rub or will lightly brush them with sauce about 30 minutes before they’re done. I like the Wing Guru Memphis Honey Gold.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Three full or three halfs?

I eat wings for three reason: the skin, the fat, and the gristle. If you’re not eating everything but the bone then you’re not Doing it correctly.
You’re not supposed to eat the bone?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
When I do wings at home it’s always smoked. It gives them the best flavor and I either use a dry rub or will lightly brush them with sauce about 30 minutes before they’re done. I like the Wing Guru Memphis Honey Gold.

Same for me. In fact, wings are the one thing that I always do well when I bbq on the Weber.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I’ve never been able to get skin the way I like it on a truly smoked wing (cooked at a low temp). What has become my favorite way is to the vortex on my Weber kettle.

I will usually dry brine in kosher salt overnight, hit it with pepper and garlic (or whatever rub I feel like using) then throw them in the vortex. Takes usually about 20 minutes. Get a hint of smoke from the charcoal and any wood I put in the grill but still get a good crisp skin.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login