OT: WWE having a rough week

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
The Vince stuff is despicable about obviously the top story. I think there’s a realistic chance he winds up behind bars over this and not a soul would weep for him.

In other news, they bring back CM Punk for his first WWE run in a decade and in his first match back he tears his triceps and will miss Mania.

Now last night, they have Cody Rhodes win the rumble and then just voluntarily give up his main event match to The Rock. Which don’t get me wrong, Rock vs Roman will be really big. But the way they did it made their top full time guy look like a total loser. The YouTube video of this segment from smackdown is now their most disliked YT video ever after only 12 hours. People are PISSED about how they did this.

2024 off to a brutal start for them after 2023 was a great year for the E.

Reactions: 17itdawg and Dawgg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
They have to have some kind of twist on that match. I don't really follow wwe anymore, but is Roman still champion? Can't imagine they'd let him drop the title to someone who wrestles once a year now.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It’s a bad hand they’ve been dealt but with Seth Rollins’ knee injury, I’m sure the WWE would rather have a working champion.

Besides Rock is the Taylor Swift of wrestling, if he wants to wrestle, Triple H will smile and say yes because he knows people will watch.

Here’s a twist: Damien Priest will cash in the MOTB suitcase against the most exhausted winner — which could be Rock/Roman.

Reactions: danielcmichael

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
That's cody though. He isn't his dad, and he has not figured it out yet. Vince punished dusty for being one of the last holdouts

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
That's cody though. He isn't his dad, and he has not figured it out yet. Vince punished dusty for being one of the last holdouts

Cody is probably the biggest good guy star they’ve had since Cena was at his most popular. Very well liked by both the casual fans and the diehards, which wasn’t the case for Cena. And they’ve kinda built a huge part of their weekly programming around this “finish the story” thing with him.

Him winning the rumble and then just saying “nah Dwayne can have that match” makes zero sense.

In hindsight they absolutely should’ve had Cody beat Roman last year. Could’ve avoided this particular mess.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Thought...could this be a massive heel turn for Cody? Rock has Roman beat and Cody comes in and screws him.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Yep. And they still could have done Reigns vs. Rock.

Reigns vs Rock doesn’t need the championship involved whatsoever.

This feels like something Vince would do and he’s not even involved this time. Unless he’s pulling strings from a distance somehow.

Reactions: Dawgg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Reigns vs Rock doesn’t need the championship involved whatsoever.

This feels like something Vince would do and he’s not even involved this time. Unless he’s pulling strings from a distance somehow.

I bet he still has a big say in what happens at WWF.

Bruce Prichard is his eyes, ears, and mouth. There have been comments made by several former wrestlers that say as long as Bruce has influence then Vince is pulling the strings.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I'm totally apathetic toward Roman. Almost all his matches are the same. Takes 15 mins to walk to the ring. Gets his butt whipped for 10 mins. Usos come out and interfere. Superman punch. Spear. 3 count. His matches have sucked for the past few years.

The Rock angle is good, but the execution will suck. First of all, he can't move like he used to. He's in Instagram shape, but not in rasslin' shape.

Roman should have dropped the belt at this point. Then they can make the Rock vs Roman match with the "head of the table" moniker on the line. Make it a non-title bout.

I'd bet my next paycheck they will announce Rock vs RR will be a non-title match. They will say some crap like "in some cases, legacy and family standing are more important than titles". And they will start hyping up this as a "head of the table" match and NOT for the heavyweight undisputed title.

IMO, Seth's belt has less value than the IC belt.

Reactions: Seinfeld

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I'm totally apathetic toward Roman. Almost all his matches are the same. Takes 15 mins to walk to the ring. Gets his butt whipped for 10 mins. Usos come out and interfere. Superman punch. Spear. 3 count. His matches have sucked for the past few years.

The Rock angle is good, but the execution will suck. First of all, he can't move like he used to. He's in Instagram shape, but not in rasslin' shape.

Roman should have dropped the belt at this point. Then they can make the Rock vs Roman match with the "head of the table" moniker on the line. Make it a non-title bout.

I'd bet my next paycheck they will announce Rock vs RR will be a non-title match. They will say some crap like "in some cases, legacy and family standing are more important than titles". And they will start hyping up this as a "head of the table" match and NOT for the heavyweight undisputed title.

IMO, Seth's belt has less value than the IC belt.

Roman absolutely buried Seth and his belt six feet under last night as well. So many dumbfounding things about how they did things.

Rock is 51 and has not wrestled a real match since 2013. And Roman is not the guy to carry him to a good one. The build to that match could still be interesting but the match itself will probably stink bad.

And now you run the risk of the fans trying to hijack their plans a la Daniel Bryan 10 years ago. Just no idea what they were thinking with how they did this. There are easy ways to get to Rock vs Roman without making everyone else look like chumps.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Roman absolutely buried Seth and his belt six feet under last night as well. So many dumbfounding things about how they did things.

Rock is 51 and has not wrestled a real match since 2013. And Roman is not the guy to carry him to a good one. The build to that match could still be interesting but the match itself will probably stink bad.

And now you run the risk of the fans trying to hijack their plans a la Daniel Bryan 10 years ago. Just no idea what they were thinking with how they did this. There are easy ways to get to Rock vs Roman without making everyone else look like chumps.
I agree with all of that.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
The Vince stuff is despicable about obviously the top story. I think there’s a realistic chance he winds up behind bars over this and not a soul would weep for him.

In other news, they bring back CM Punk for his first WWE run in a decade and in his first match back he tears his triceps and will miss Mania.

Now last night, they have Cody Rhodes win the rumble and then just voluntarily give up his main event match to The Rock. Which don’t get me wrong, Rock vs Roman will be really big. But the way they did it made their top full time guy look like a total loser. The YouTube video of this segment from smackdown is now their most disliked YT video ever after only 12 hours. People are PISSED about how they did this.

He's going to get all the BBC he wants in the pokey. . . . . .

• Haha
Reactions: dawgman42

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

It's a great set up for Travis Kelsey and Patrick Mahomes to come in at the end of the match and save the Rock

NFL Players pose on the TV better than NFL players. Kelsey was already acting out his heel role when he played Baltimore.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
An acceptable payoff could be Cody beating Seth for the title, and then facing the winner of Rock/Reigns at Summerslam to unify the titles.

Reactions: Seinfeld

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012

Vince very well may spend the rest of his life in prison. Gotta wonder if a man like him would allow himself to go alive.

Sounds like horrible booking though. Standard WWE.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Cody is probably the biggest good guy star they’ve had since Cena was at his most popular. Very well liked by both the casual fans and the diehards, which wasn’t the case for Cena. And they’ve kinda built a huge part of their weekly programming around this “finish the story” thing with him.

Him winning the rumble and then just saying “nah Dwayne can have that match” makes zero sense.

In hindsight they absolutely should’ve had Cody beat Roman last year. Could’ve avoided this particular mess.
Maybe they have a storyline for him to get in a Maori Madness Texas triple threat match at the mania. I doubt it, but maybe...

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Maybe they have a storyline for him to get in a Maori Madness Texas triple threat match at the mania. I doubt it, but maybe...

Sounds like they are doing Cody vs Rollins now which will be a great match but they literally called Seth a loser’s bracket champ yesterday so it makes Cody look equally bad for voluntarily picking him.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Sounds like they are doing Cody vs Rollins now which will be a great match but they literally called Seth a loser’s bracket champ yesterday so it makes Cody look equally bad for voluntarily picking him.
Might be a great match but Cody deserves that title run imo. Terrible booking. Why have Cody win the title shot multiple times only to give it to the Rock

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
eric cartman stage GIF by South Park

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I’m hoping something happens between now and then to fix this but I won’t hold my breath.

The easiest solution to me is just have Roman fight both of them. Mania is two nights now. Have him fight Cody one night, Rock on the other one.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Roman was always facing Rock. Hell Hadad called it last year. He is going to win to pass Hogan. He also can say he is the true leader of the Bloodline and Head of The Table. Next year Cody should win and finish the story. I could see Cody winning against Seth then Priest cashing in.

the_marshall

Jan 31, 2019

And if you listen to Ryback online, he's saying this is still the tip of the iceberg for Vince's old regime. He's saying Triple H and many others will go down too...very soon.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
And if you listen to Ryback online, he's saying this is still the tip of the iceberg for Vince's old regime. He's saying Triple H and many others will go down too...very soon.

Ryback is not what I would call trustworthy but it also wouldn’t shock me at all if there were more to come.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Roman was always facing Rock. Hell Hadad called it last year. He is going to win to pass Hogan. He also can say he is the true leader of the Bloodline and Head of The Table. Next year Cody should win and finish the story. I could see Cody winning against Seth then Priest cashing in.

I actually don’t think this became the plan until very recently, like in the last month. They’ve wanted to do Rock/Roman for years and Rock wouldn’t commit, so they rolled on without him. Were preparing for Roman vs Cody 2 since last year’s Mania. And it appears Dwayne came in and made a power play as part of his new deal that made him a board member of TKO (the group that owns WWE & UFC).

To me it comes across as Dwayne wanting to strap himself to the rocket. WWE has been having huge success without him and he’s been in some movies that have bombed recently, so he decided he better get in on the action while the company is hot. Never mind that it kinda screws over one of the guys that is a big reason they’ve been hot for the last 18 months.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I noticed during his bull rope match with Shinsuke last night that Cody’s cowbell is maroon and he rings it using the rope like a handle.

Clearly a closet State fan***

Last edited:

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I noticed during his bull rope match with Shinsuke last night that Cody’s cowbell is maroon and he rings it using the rope like a handle.

Clearly a closet State fan***

He is definitely in the closet alright.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
That press event was something. I am very intrigued by The Rock being a heel in all this. Was a big Rock fan during the late 90’s/early 2000’s and his work as a bad guy is super underrated.

Based off everything that went down, it looks like maybe they’re setting up Rock & Roman vs Cody & Seth on Mania Night 1, then Cody vs Roman on Night 2 (likely with Cody winning this time). And then maybe playing the long game with Rock vs Roman and doing it at next year’s Mania? Just speculating here.

The exchange last night has me wanting to see a Rock vs Cody match now. Perhaps that’s a Summerslam type thing if Dwayne is around.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login