OT: Yellow Jacket question

SpeckTaker

Nov 1, 2012
Found a nest of them the hard way. Was cutting a tree out of a food plot. When I looked down my pants were covered with them and they were pouring out of the ground. Ran a personal best 40. I let them calm down then sprayed a can of wasp spray down the hole and covered it with dirt. Went back this morning and they were coming out another spot. What’s my next move?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Canned wasp spray no longer works. I don't know what they took out of it but the stuff no longer kills them. I always pour gas down the hole after dusk when they calm down. Multiple holes create issues but the gas will kill a bunch and make the test move.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
He’s right. Tell them you will see them at dark. Turn 20oz coke bottle of gas upside down in the hole and go back to the house. They done.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Low pan of water

with poison in it (spray poison), , some sugar in the water.

Put it 0n the ground in the immediate area.

grinningmule

Jul 15, 2021
I emptied an entire can of foaming hornet spray into a nest that was built into the side of bank one summer after they enveloped me while cutting grass. Went back the next morning and a armadillo had dug out the nest and was feasting on the dead and survivors. I had fun the other night eradicating a guinea wasp nest that had built in an old clothes line post; my 700k BTU Weed Torch made instant wasp briquettes. I hate those evil little bastards.

Last edited:

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Investigate where they coming out and mark with something. Take a milk jug and fill full of gas. Wait till night time, ease into the marked area. With cap still on jug turn upside down and poke an air hole in the bottom, put finger over hole. Turn back over and remove cap. Find the hole and turn jug up and let em have it.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I emptied an entire can of foaming hornet spray into a nest that was built into the side of bank one summer after they enveloped me while cutting grass. Went back the next morning and a amradillo had dug out the nest and was feasting on the dead and survivors. I had fun the other night eradicating a guinea wasp nest that had built in an old clothes line post; my 700k BTU Weed Torch made instant wasp briquettes. I hate those evil little bastards.

Weird. I did the same thing with foaming hornet spray in a ground nest and it was dug out by morning.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Found a nest of them the hard way. Was cutting a tree out of a food plot. When I looked down my pants were covered with them and they were pouring out of the ground. Ran a personal best 40. I let them calm down then sprayed a can of wasp spray down the hole and covered it with dirt. Went back this morning and they were coming out another spot. What’s my next move?

Gas down their hole(s) at night is the easiest way to get rid of them.

Spray wasp spray on the hole from 10 or so feet away, let it foam, then rain down the gas on them. They dead.

grinningmule

Jul 15, 2021
Weird. I did the same thing with foaming hornet spray in a ground nest and it was dug out by morning.

I think the fact they are trapped in the nest and going crazy attracted the armadillo. I could hear those angry little bastards buzzing from about 20 feet away.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login