OT: You will probably be seeing Dickie Scruggs back in the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
I think he’s talking about a Washington Post story linking Biden’s brother to Scruggs and the judge-bribing case. Will anyone care? Democrats won’t because they’re too busy caring about Trump’s corruption. Republicans will be up in arms while indifferent to Trump’s corruption.
My Christmas wish is to not see Biden or Trump on the ballot in 24.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
I think he’s talking about a Washington Post story linking Biden’s brother to Scruggs and the judge-bribing case. Will anyone care? Democrats won’t because they’re too busy caring about Trump’s corruption. Republicans will be up in arms while indifferent to Trump’s corruption.
***I am sure Ganuchaeu & the crew at Mississippi Today will be as diligent chasing this story as they have Phil Bryant & Brett Favre***

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Well, I think you’re going to see both. Might want to stock up on latex gloves, Glade and clothes pins. There’s going to be 60-70Million Americans holding their nose next November.

Take a moment to appreciate the irony playing out in the US Senate. I don’t believe there has been a single Republican Senator call on Menendez (D-NJ) to resign. It has only been his fellow Democrats. Seems counterintuitive, right?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Well, I think you’re going to see both. Might want to stock up on latex gloves, Glade and clothes pins. There’s going to be 60-70Million Americans holding their nose next November.

Take a moment to appreciate the irony playing out in the US Senate. I don’t believe there has been a single Republican Senator call on Menendez (D-NJ) to resign. It has only been his fellow Democrats. Seems counterintuitive, right?
If people haven’t been holding their noses for the past two presidential elections, they have real issues. Not one of those candidates deserved the honor of getting a vote.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Republicans don’t care about anything but being more MAGA and owning the libs. Be nice if someone would focus on policy

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm afraid you are going to get a lump of coal instead.
We are the dumbest people on the planet so you can guarantee yourself that we will have these guys on the ticket for President, with Hillary on the sideline hollering "Pick me! Pick me!" I just don't know how that woman cannot realize she's the most undesirable person in the world. If anyone else had been running against Trump in 2016, they would have won.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Vote RFK jr

Reactions: wdawg44

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
I'm afraid you'll have to move your citizenship for that wish to come true.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

Uniparty protecting itself. Newsflash…they all hate us.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
We was getting a lot of run back in the summer, going on Rogan and other podcasts, but he seems to have disappeared from the scene. If his voice wasn't messed up, he might have had a chance.
It's a shame, but really I think that's it. His voice makes him sound weak and frail, even though he seems to know his stuff.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Our rep
If people haven’t been holding their noses for the past two presidential elections, they have real issues. Not one of those candidates deserved the honor of getting a vote.
Our political representatives are a mirror image of our populas. Sadly, if you are holding your nose you are in the minority of your political leanings. I've been holding my nose since Reagan and JFK were elected.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Vote RFK jr
We was getting a lot of run back in the summer, going on Rogan and other podcasts, but he seems to have disappeared from the scene. If his voice wasn't messed up, he might have had a chance.
It's a shame, but really I think that's it. His voice makes him sound weak and frail, even though he seems to know his stuff.

The dude is a conspiracy theorist that spouts off dangerous claims which have been proven false time and again. He appeals to the people in this world that are convinced 'there is more going on' and 'they wont tell us the truth' because 'they want to make money'. He sprinkles in just enough reality to make it sound like he is an authority on all the crap he spews.

There is simply a % of the population that will always lap up whatever someone is saying if that person is seen as being willing to reveal 'what is really going on'.

RFK Jr claims from a quick google since anything more is a waste of time-
- wifi causes cancer.
- wifi causes 'leaky brain'.
- antidepressants cause school shootings.
- chemicals in water can turn kids transgender.
- AIDS may not be cause by HIV.
- child vaccinations cause autism.
- covid targets white people and black people.
- Jews and Chinese are immune to covid.
- all the crazy covid treatment claims.
- the GOP rigged the 2004 election.
...and so much more.

The pandemic united anti-vax and anti-governement groups and individuals and pushed Kennedy to the front of the conversation as the crusader for truth, and he seems to have largely stayed there, regardless of what he has claimed since.
I mean, this guy shared the stage with QAnon theorists and pushed claims made by Alex Jones.

This guy shouldnt be president, and it isnt because his voice is weak. F17S. He has been a bumbling clown during his campaign- stumbling over thoughts, forgetting points, straight up lying, and more.
Neither side should want him as president.

Last edited:

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Have you listened to any of Trump's recent rhetoric? He has sounded more like a nazi dictator lately than ive ever heard any politician in my life...one has to assume it's his anger from his indictments.....even some of my most far right leaning friends are beginning to scratch their heads....so what's the alternative? its worse. God help us all if these two baboons are on the ticket. Nikki Haley or bust

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Congress is a total shitshow. It is fascinating to watch because its a bunch of power plays, but I am convinced many are taking place in the moment without being thought out, so they end up being meaningless, petty, or actually hurting the person that is trying to grab some power.
Senate and House are jokes, but for different reasons.

Chip Roy-R last month in the House...

Reactions: vandaldawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If anyone else had been running against Trump in 2016, they would have won.
6 Democrats ran.
17 Republicans ran.

3 Democrats stayed in at least until the Primaries
12 Republicans stayed in at least until the Primaries.

A lot of people ran against Trump. It was a comical amount. He was the best the GOP had to offer and Clinton was the best the DNC had to offer.
Sad but true.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Our rep

Our political representatives are a mirror image of our populas. Sadly, if you are holding your nose you are in the minority of your political leanings. I've been holding my nose since Reagan and JFK were elected.

They were elected 20 years apart from each other? You were holding your nose in 1960?

Reactions: dorndawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The dude is a conspiracy theorist that spouts off dangerous claims which have been proven false time and again. He appeals to the people in this world that are convinced 'there is more going on' and 'they wont tell us the truth' because 'they want to make money'. He sprinkles in just enough reality to make it sound like he is an authority on all the crap he spews.

There is simply a % of the population that will always lap up whatever someone is saying if that person is seen as being willing to reveal 'what is really going on'.

- wifi causes cancer.
...and so much more.

The pandemic united anti-vax and anti-governement groups and individuals and pushed Kennedy to the front of the conversation as the crusader for truth, and he seems to have largely stayed there, regardless of what he has claimed since.
I mean, this guy shared the stage with QAnon theorists and pushed claims made by Alex Jones.

This guy shouldnt be president, and it isnt because his voice is weak. F17S. He has been a bumbling clown during his campaign- stumbling over thoughts, forgetting points, straight up lying, and more.

You can believe everything glfr spent a lot of time posting, or you can just listen to the man's own words and draw your own conclusions.

I suggest the latter...

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You can believe everything glfr spent a lot of time posting, or you can just listen to the man's own words and draw your own conclusions.

I suggest the latter...
Admittedly, it will probably take less time to listen to a 3 hour podcast than read my post.

Joking aside, I dont know what he covers in those 3 hours, but the guy has pushed conspiracies and harmful health claims for decades now. Its nuts that people give him a platform still.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Admittedly, it will probably take less time to listen to a 3 hour podcast than read my post.

Joking aside, I dont know what he covers in those 3 hours, but the guy has pushed conspiracies and harmful health claims for decades now. Its nuts that people give him a platform still.

Yes, but listening to his own words will give you an accurate account of what he actually says and thinks.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

- wifi causes cancer.
...and so much more.

I never said RFK should be president, good lord, but you know what... I'm not going to go point by point here, no one with a job would have time for that. But I will make one comment: just because you type a lot of words does not mean that any of them are accurate. The whole monkey-on-a-keyboard theory says that some of what you typed might be true, but it's not 100% guaranteed. I mean, you are laughing at RFK for "bumbling" and "stumbling over thoughts, forgetting points, straight up lying"... yet you will be voting for Joe Biden. My God.

I will just go back to trying my best to ignore you and horshack in political threads. Carry on, wayward son.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I never said RFK should be president, good lord, but you know what... I'm not going to go point by point here, no one with a job would have time for that. But I will make one comment: just because you type a lot of words does not mean that any of them are accurate. The whole monkey-on-a-keyboard theory says that some of what you typed might be true, but it's not 100% guaranteed. I mean, you are laughing at RFK for "bumbling" and "stumbling over thoughts, forgetting points, straight up lying"... yet you will be voting for Joe Biden. My God.

I will just go back to trying my best to ignore you and horshack in political threads. Carry on, wayward son.
Correct, you didn't say RFK should be president. You said he knows his stuff and you view his voice as the reason he isn't gaining traction.

You said he knows his stuff so I included your comment when I posted about the bonkers crap he claims. Dangerous crap, really. I don't view those things as 'knows his stuff'. Seems like the opposite, really.

As for Biden, I have continually said I don't want him to run. I posted in support of wishing he wouldn't run in this thread even.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I know attacking glfr is basically one of the main things that is done on this board, but calling him out forets saying RFK pushes insane conspiracies would be the same as getting angry at him for saying water is wet.

I will call out anyone who has a strong opinion on something, while at the same time admitting they can't be bothered to spend time learning about that something from the source, rather than from outlets who have an agenda.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I will call out anyone who has a strong opinion on something, while at the same time admitting they can't be bothered to spend time learning about that something from the source, rather than from outlets who have an agenda.
Wait what? When did I admit I can't be bothered to learn about something from the source?
I have heard rfk Jr talk for years now. I have read countless op-eds he has written.
For years I have learned about him, directly from him.
I have heard him write and read about his views on the environment, Monsanto, vaccines, technology, and a whole host of other topics.

Just because I won't listen to a 3 hour podcast doesn't mean I cant be bothered to learn about him from the source.
That is an absurd position to take.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

I don't remember you taking this position in threads about library book bans, CRT, or really any of the outrage issues the right has pushed and misrepresented over the last few years.
If you constantly called out people and told them to read what CRT actually is instead of what they were told it is, I missed all that.

There were no shortage of threads like this, to be clear.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008

- wifi causes cancer.
...and so much more.

Thank you.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I don't remember you taking this position in threads about library book bans, CRT, or really any of the outrage issues the right has pushed and misrepresented over the last few years.
If you constantly called out people and told them to read what CRT actually is instead of what they were told it is, I missed all that.

There were no shortage of threads like this, to be clear.

Some of us don't have endless hours to pointlessly debate every wrong thing posted on this website. If I come across something that strikes a cord, I might respond.

Your diatribe on RFK struck me as a lot of the same old BS people who speak ill of him always say. I had an easy response since I knew of a podcast on which he directly addressed much of the things those who disparage him say.

Listen to it or don't, but if you don't I've got no respect for your words about him.

And don't read this to say I trust everything he believes. Far from it. But is he more crazy than the other options? Please...

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

I have a very strong opinion that OM is full of douchebags. I learned that slightly from the source and personal experiences, but mostly from here.

Reactions: dorndawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login