OT: Z106 and John Boy and Billy

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
What the heck happened? Tuned in this morning on the way to work and hear two guys talking about their feelings - and it wasn't a skit! Has iHeart dropped JB&B?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Don't know. Can't listen to those guys (though it sounds like they'd be a lot better than the feelings guys). But JackFM in Jackson is now a Christian music station.

macdaddydawg

Sep 29, 2022
I sure hope it was some kind of technical issue. I have been listening to them since the mid 90's.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
JB&B sucks. Sounds like I’m listening to a bunch of kids laugh at each other over a mildly funny joke

try Walton and Johnson. Much better
That's who was on Z106 this morning. I'm no fan of JB&B now like I was 20 years ago, but W&J will not be on my radio again.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
JB&B sucks. Sounds like I’m listening to a bunch of kids laugh at each other over a mildly funny joke

try Walton and Johnson. Much better
man i ditched them dudes 20 years ago. laughing uproariously at their own stale a . . jokes. couldn't take it. heard W & J a few times on 93,7 out of Hattiesburg. not the best but better than the alternative. i really and truly just listen to sports radio now when i drive.

Reactions: DawgsGoneWild

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
Thank God for WJOX IN Birmingham. I rather ride in silence than listen to JB&B for long. Free Beer and Hot Wings Dumber than the Show Trivia is pretty entertaining though

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Thank God for WJOX IN Birmingham. I rather ride in silence than listen to JB&B for long. Free Beer and Hot Wings Dumber than the Show Trivia is pretty entertaining though
I listen to the roundtable guys but haven't tuned into JOX since they left.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
17 morning shows. It's red necks, right-wing nuts, or the gay parade. Just stream good music. It's a much better listen.
This. I’ve never understood listening to people talk nonstop, usually saying stupid nonsense. Especially first thing in the morning. Just play music.

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
I stopped listening to JB&B when Rock 93.9 became a thing in 2001ish. 93.9 also got me hooked on my favorite morning show, Lex and Terry about 15 years ago. When 93.9 switched to Christian rock, I found Lex and Terry have a streaming app, and still use it today. They're not as good as they were in their prime, but still my favorite morning show.

Walton and Johnson...pass. They talked about politics too much. Not how I want to start my day. I also tried Out of Bounds for awhile, but it got repetitive mostly talking about football and "the y'all lifestyle" whatever tf that is.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I stopped listening to JB&B when Rock 93.9 became a thing in 2001ish. 93.9 also got me hooked on my favorite morning show, Lex and Terry about 15 years ago. When 93.9 switched to Christian rock, I found Lex and Terry have a streaming app, and still use it today. They're not as good as they were in their prime, but still my favorite morning show.

Walton and Johnson...pass. They talked about politics too much. Not how I want to start my day. I also tried Out of Bounds for awhile, but it got repetitive mostly talking about football and "the y'all lifestyle" whatever tf that is.

The Y'all lifestyle is the ****!!!

You don't even know bro...

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
I have a 50 min drive to work. I actually listen to Thunder and Lightning every morning and a little brandon walker on the way home

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login