OT - Zero Turn Mowers

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
humble brag season 4 GIF by Blindspot
That pool is actually a curse. Fixing to have to replace the liner. When we bought the house my wife and daughter said they take care of it. I think that’s happened once in 10 years. Never again will I own one.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
That pool is actually a curse. Fixing to have to replace the liner. When we bought the house my wife and daughter said they take care of it. I think that’s happened once in 10 years. Never again will I own one.
I know a man who had the same promises from his 2nd wife(much younger). After empty promises to clean, or even use the pool, he told her he’ll get rid of it since he was sick of taking care of it. More pleas and promises, but nothing changed.

One week, she was off to the beach for a week with some girlfriends and he was ready. He had lined up 3 triaxle dump trucks, a skid steer, 2 plate compactors and a concrete finishing crew. She came home to the slab of his new patio/outdoor kitchen.

He did leave the fake palm trees, which was an extra nice touch of “17 yo pool”.

I think about that glorious man every time my wife talks about getting a pool when she doesn’t even cut grass.

Reactions: Double Dawg

idog

Aug 17, 2010
Hustler has standard flexible front forks (?) above the wheels which makes even the base model a nicer ride. I like mine. My acre is easy peasy.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
Drive several. Amazing how different each mower drives and handles. Some feel overly twitchy. I ended up with an Exmark. It’s good. Cut several acres of some family land with my uncles John Deere 920. I liked it very much.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Bobcat with the Kawasaki engine and FX deck. Curious as to if anyone here has one and can give a review.
I have a 12 year old Bobcat with the high end Briggs motor. It has been a great mower, the new ones are nicer. Better seat is the big thing, the old ones will shake you a bit.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I have a 12 year old Bobcat with the high end Briggs motor. It has been a great mower, the new ones are nicer. Better seat is the big thing, the old ones will shake you a bit.
Get whatever package that has the suspension seat included. It’s cheaper. I wanted to spec a certain model and add the suspension seat, and to do that was anywhere from 1200 to 1500 bucks.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I’m in the market for a Zero Turn… I only mow about 3 Acres. What’s the best Zero Turn for the $?
Forrest-Gump-on-Snapper-ride-on-mower.jpeg
Can't go wrong with a Snapper! I got the 61" model (not the one Forrest uses) with a Kawaski engine. Great mower for the price with welded deck with chain lift. I've enjoyed it for 7 years with no issues.

Reactions: aTotal360

Slow Natives

Nov 10, 2018
Do not be afraid of the Cub Cadet. Three years cutting 4 acres weekly over rough ground with Kawasaki engine and absolutely no issues. I have a dealer nearby along with an xmark dealer and the CC was cheaper but very well made.

macdaddydawg

Sep 29, 2022
it all depends on your budget. I am partial to Grasshopper because I was a dealer for 10 years. I also sold Toro timecutters and Titans. Since so many manufactures have gone to integrated drive systems and gotten away from pumps and wheel motors to bring the cost down, the 2 most important features are good air filtration and a fabricated deck. For comfort, you will have to atleast get a midgrade mower ($6-$9k) to have air ride seat compatibility. Anything under that will all ride about the same.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login