Our blocking schemes are next level. (Video)

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I have no idea what that is. But it does look like 58 had an opportunity block either of the two people who were in on the tackle and ran right by both of them.

That would be one of our most experienced linemen, a 3 yr letterman and graduate student. Would be interesting to know if that was what he's instructed to do or did he just have a brain fart after 3 seasons of lettering?

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
That would be one of our most experienced linemen, a 3 yr letterman and graduate student. Would be interesting to know if that was what he's instructed to do or did he just have a brain fart after 3 seasons of lettering?
He is from the MS delta so…with the exception of his time at Delta Streets Academy(very brief), he did not get an education.

Reactions: msudawg1200

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Well it was 3 seasons pass blocking against 3 rushers the vast majority of the snaps

Never go into an offense that’s too hard to get out of.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Leach always emphasized that the real magic of the air raid is it's simplicity, which provides the opportunity to practice the same assignments over and over and over again to the point you can do them in your sleep. It was the anti-trickery offense, reducing the decision points that tend to get players in trouble.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
There could be a built in backside RPO.

Cole Smith is cut blocking and we leave 35 as a ‘read’ man.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm sorry The Pauper, but 3 Year Letterman is widely regarded as one of the most devastating downfield blockers in the history of the state of Georgia.

Bringing him up while talking about this sort of abysmal play reeks of a man who finances his waterbed. Delete this and do better.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Barbay playing 3D chess on their azz!

ancient aliens GIF

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I’m actually a little impressed that we didn’t have two of our own guys running into each other on that play
We had it happen in high school. Young guy had to come in and play and pulled the wrong way. The guy going the right way proceeded to lay him out to teach him a lesson. That’s from back when the water on the sideline came out of the hose though.

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
This was a counter to the odd side (left side). Dolla thought it was to the even side. For example, the o line play call was something similar to 57 counter. 5 is back getting ball and 7 is hole it was going to. I’m sure dolla mis heard the call and thought it was 56 counter. He thought it was going to the other side and he was suppose to pull. His assignment should have been to block down inside gap. He misheard the play.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Well if the qb doesn't know the playbook, how can you expect anybody else to grasp it.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Not sure why our offense isn’t working…

Weak side, power draw/delay ….honestly ive never seen this on any level….the entire scheme and preface was slow…..way too slow….and the pulling OL never had a hat to defend….so I guess we call it a “zone read pull”

LSU is a top 10 team and we are trying to run flag football misdirection…..?

Again, with a qb that isn’t capable of keeping the rock for any sort of gain, the defense just keys on anyone in motion + all backers in the backfield. It’s 10 on 11, eveytime we choose to run a read. The defense can man up and send extra toward to point of attack or bring the extra in a blitz.

This is hard to watch.

We must have a mobile qb and several TEnds in order to run a read or counter/misdirection.
Sad

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
There could be a built in backside RPO.

Cole Smith is cut blocking and we leave 35 as a ‘read’ man.
We can’t run an RPO. It’s just a PO….simple it down, a play action . We have a hole in the bucket before every snap. 11vs10 on every run play

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
We can’t run an RPO. It’s just a PO….simple it down, a play action . We have a hole in the bucket before every snap. 11vs10 on every run play
Which kind of makes you wonder why the Hell you'd call a play like that if you know your QB can't run. Barbay was supposed to tailor his offense to personnel but he obviously hasn't. We've been sold a bill of goods.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Barbay was supposed to tailor his offense to personnel but he obviously hasn't. We've been sold a bill of goods.
THIS is what pisses me off more than anything. I know that 95% of the talk you hear in summer is just coachspeak. But we were outright lied to. Barbay verbatim said we were not abandoning the Air Raid and the new offense would include a lot of Air Raid concepts and plays. And in his interview when asked what offense he would run, he said show me the best 11 players and I'll tell you what offense we'll run. Both outright lies.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
THIS is what pisses me off more than anything. I know that 95% of the talk you hear in summer is just coachspeak. But we were outright lied to. Barbay verbatim said we were not abandoning the Air Raid and the new offense would include a lot of Air Raid concepts and plays. And in his interview when asked what offense he would run, he said show me the best 11 players and I'll tell you what offense we'll run. Both outright lies.
And the one time he used them, we go down and score.... That 50 yard run by Marks... AR

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login