Our fans after a 48-7 opening game win:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Sad Arrested Development GIF

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Some of us realize that we are staring at a giant rebuild job next year. I guarantee the bowl streak will be broken next year and it will have nothing to do with Arnett’s coaching. After this year, we have little to
nothing on both lines of scrimmages.

Forgive us for expecting a semi-sharp team with a million graduate starters and seniors.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Some of us realize that we are staring at a giant rebuild job next year. I guarantee the bowl streak will be broken next year and it will have nothing to do with Arnett’s coaching. After this year, we have little to

Forgive us for expecting a semi-sharp team with a million graduate starters and seniors.
1693758274563.gif

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Thanks Karen.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008

And some of us are grown.

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021

I disagree. I think the future looks bright on the defensive line. Dinks is going to be a really good player for us and Trevion Williams could be special, really special. You don’t see people at 295 look or run like Trevion does. Anderson looks like he can be a player. And Coach Turner seems to like the younger guys that he has. That makes me feel better even if I couldn’t see with my own eyes how good Trevion and Dinks could be.

On the offensive side of the ball we have sophomores and juniors backing up the starters so it’s not like we will be starting from scratch there either.

I was fairly critical of both sides of the line of scrimmage yesterday, but after watching the game again it wasn’t as bad as I thought. It’s like my old OL coach used to say “ it’s never as bad as you think it is or as good as you think it is, it’s usually somewhere in between.”

Offensively we rushed for nearly 300 yards yesterday, that’s not easily done against anyone. It’s more than anyone else in the sec ran for yesterday and there were a bunch of teams who played lesser quality opponents, not just us.

On the long scoring drive they had: if we make a tackle on 3rd and 20 or we knock the pass down that they miraculously caught on 3rd and 4or 5, then we pitch a shutout.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Some of us, most of us, realize that you work on some of your weaknesses in the first half. That's the majority of your play calls. Second half, on more of your strengths. There are many reasons for this.

But in general you keep games like this pretty vanilla if you can.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008

It's pretty bold to GUARANTEE that we'll go 5-7 or worse in a year where we don't have to play Alabama or LSU, and our only remotely difficult non-conference game is a mediocre Arizona State program.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I disagree. I think the future looks bright on the defensive line. Dinks is going to be a really good player for us and Trevion Williams could be special, really special. You don’t see people at 295 look or run like Trevion does. Anderson looks like he can be a player. And Coach Turner seems to like the younger guys that he has. That makes me feel better even if I couldn’t see with my own eyes how good Trevion and Dinks could be.

On the offensive side of the ball we have sophomores and juniors backing up the starters so it’s not like we will be starting from scratch there either.

I was fairly critical of both sides of the line of scrimmage yesterday, but after watching the game again it wasn’t as bad as I thought. It’s like my old OL coach used to say “ it’s never as bad as you think it is or as good as you think it is, it’s usually somewhere in between.”

Offensively we rushed for nearly 300 yards yesterday, that’s not easily done against anyone. It’s more than anyone else in the sec ran for yesterday and there were a bunch of teams who played lesser quality opponents, not just us.

On the long scoring drive they had: if we make a tackle on 3rd and 20 or we knock the pass down that they miraculously caught on 3rd and 4or 5, then we pitch a shutout.
I watched the replay today. Trevion has my attention. My goodness I saw him run down the line and lay out their RB like a beast! That dude is a freak of nature. He’s built like a giant running back and has the same agility. He should be the first one off the bus.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

So practically no penalties isn’t sharp?

Reactions: onewoof

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
people wanted to see us come out and address some the common concerns about this team. Wouldn’t have really meant much even if we had come out and thrown deep bombs against SELA. But I get being a little disappointed that we didn’t air it out much.

That said, it’s a typical game against an FCS opponent. It didn’t really tell us anything except that we don’t have a disaster of a team.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It's pretty bold to GUARANTEE that we'll go 5-7 or worse in a year where we don't have to play Alabama or LSU, and our only remotely difficult non-conference game is a mediocre Arizona State program.

ETA: I’m an idiot, just now saw they announced the opponents. Silly me, I thought the 2024 schedule link on hailstate.com might actually include the opponents even if the dates aren’t set yet. And you’re right, no Bama / LSU, but we are playing UGA which is probably worse than either.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

So you have nothing good to say about our team or program after one game.

What a 17ing surprise.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
And obviously we didn’t show everything on either side of the ball and probably haven’t even installed everything on either side of the ball.

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
I watched the replay today. Trevion has my attention. My goodness I saw him run down the line and lay out their RB like a beast! That dude is a freak of nature. He’s built like a giant running back and has the same agility. He should be the first one off the bus.
That was the play that caught my attention watching the game live. I usually watch the game a second time and focus on the lines of scrimmage. There were a couple of times I paused the game and said to myself, he looks like a transformer. Let’s hope we can keep him here so we can see what he looks in a couple years.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
That was the play that caught my attention watching the game live. I usually watch the game a second time and focus on the lines of scrimmage. There were a couple of times I paused the game and said to myself, he looks like a transformer. Let’s hope we can keep him here so we can see what he looks in a couple years.
You played ball at State didn't you ?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login