Our Fans Are Hilarious

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
How are you demanding accountability in this situation? It's either on the players, coaches, or both. You and I saying that it's not acceptable (it's not) doesn't really change anything unless players and coaches have a healthy fear for their playing time and paychecks.
By sending a message to the staff that it's not acceptable. By the staff sending a message to the team that it's not acceptable. Leach has said himself that when this kinda stuff happens, the coaches are responsible because they're either coaching it or allowing it to happen. Well, you get a pass if it happens once and you demonstrate that it doesn't happen again. It happens over and over with us. And when Cohen extended Leach and gave him a half million dollar raise after last year's underperformance, he sent a message that mediocrity is okay too. So those are good places to start. Everyone is way too comfortable.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
2021 - All you have to do is rush three and drop 8 and Rogers and Leach will fold like a cheap suit.

2022 - All you have to do is bring pressure and Rogers and Leach will fold like a cheat suit.

Which 17ing one is it? Or maybe it was just a really ****** night for both the players and coaches on Saturday and LSU. Maybe this team has preformed poorly on the road. It's just hilarious to me that for two years everyone on this board and on social media beggggged for teams to send pressure because Rogers and the air raid would eat them up like LSU in 2020. Fast forward two years and those same people are saying the best way to beat Rogers and the air raid is to send pressure. I'm not making any excuses for that abortion Saturday night, just pointing out that most of you will parrot the anti-Leach and anti-Rogers narrative, regardless if it goes against your previous uneducated opinion.
Did the refs not catch that abortion? Thought it was illegal in most states now.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Is it ever acceptable for your kid to bring home an F on a test?

No, it's never acceptable. That it happens sometimes doesn't mean it's acceptable. When you start accepting mediocrity, that's exactly what you'll get. I'm not really surprised that you're the one arguing this point, though.

Ok so when you say it is unacceptable, that doesnt mean you wont accept it, you are saying you do accept it happened but it isnt something that should be the accepted norm moving forward.
Gotcha. That word means both things.

'Sir, your fridge will be delivered next week'
'That is unacceptable, it was promised tomorrow'
'Ok, we were behind but will make sure it delivers tomorrow'

I agree that mediocrity shouldnt be accepted. I disagree with how so many here seem to judge whether mediocrity exists or not at the micro level. A large body of work should be judged as a large body of work.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Ok so when you say it is unacceptable, that doesnt mean you wont accept it, you are saying you do accept it happened but it isnt something that should be the accepted norm moving forward.
Gotcha. That word means both things.

'Sir, your fridge will be delivered next week'
'That is unacceptable, it was promised tomorrow'
'Ok, we were behind but will make sure it delivers tomorrow'

I agree that mediocrity shouldnt be accepted. I disagree with how so many here seem to judge whether mediocrity exists or not at the micro level. A large body of work should be judged as a large body of work.
Don't twist yourself into knots, there.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I untwisted the confusion and explained what the confusion was. I feel like the parent of a toddler- use your words!
You're making arguments just as most of us would expect from a guy who would tell a toddler to use his words. Oops, I mean their words.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You're making arguments just as most of us would expect from a guy who would tell a toddler to use his words. Oops, I mean their words.
Jesus. OK, preschooler.
I figured toddler was 1-3 years old...is that not a thing? Can't say I have kept up on age range terms.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login