Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
This is getting old...

How do you let Foster go for 46?
Way to go Recruiter...

Deny him the damn ball.
Don't let hi shoot a three at the end, foul him.

Free Throws were horrible.
I guess Stans stopped making them make 7 in a row before dinner...

Glad we made the NCAA's, but we might be one and done again...

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
This is getting old...

How do you let Foster go for 46?
Way to go Recruiter...

Deny him the damn ball.
Don't let hi shoot a three at the end, foul him.

Free Throws were horrible.
I guess Stans stopped making them make 7 in a row before dinner...

Glad we made the NCAA's, but we might be one and done again...

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Can this idiot please get the JR treatment? It is obvious he is only baiting people around here. It is hard to believe anyone is this stupid

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Hatfield make it rain somewhere else.

You have no BBall knowledge.

Stans will never make a final four...

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
You talking about basketball knowledge is hilarious. What seed in the NIT do you have us now?

ArrowDawg

Oct 10, 2006
....one and done in the NCAAs, but it won't be because of Stans. In my opinion I think this season has been one of his finest coaching efforts to date. We came back from 5-5 and 1 1/2 feet in the grave, won the SEC West outright, and were the only team with a chance to either tie or win the overall SEC title besides UT.

But if we only had Stan Jones.............

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
This is one of the best coaching jobs of the man's career. He goes into Memorial and, despite Foster hitting from everywhere inside the gym, his team still could have won had they made a few free throws. It's unbelievable. The worst part is, these people bitching about leaving foster open didn't even see the game. You'd think we lost to the worst team in the SEC at home with the way some people are acting.

Fishwater = bipolar. Get back on your meds man. Are we still a lock for the NIT?

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
No Meds Storms..</p>

You guys are such tools...</p>

I am glad we are heading to the dance, I just hope Stans proves me wrong about the sweet 16.</p>

We will win our first game and then lose to a nobody b/c we get out-coached.</p>

The NIT comment was after the Ole Miss Loss.</p>

We have played better since then and things have changed.</p>

Stans has been doing better until tonight.</p>

Bad coaching and horrible free throw shooting lost tonigt.</p>

Both of those are on Stans..</p>

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
fishwater99 said:
No Meds Storms..</p>

I am glad we are heading to the dance, I just hope Stans proves me wrong about the sweet 16.</p>

We will win our first game and then lose to a nobody b/c we get out-coached.</p>

You calling someone a tool is almost as funny as you talking basketball intelligence.</p>

</p>

You really do deserve the JR treatment. At least until basketball is over with or you can get back on your meds to even you out
</p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Our few eyewitness accounts say Foster was hitting them from way out there. They say he hit two over Rhodes. What else could he have done about that guy? He had his team in position to win, Foster just went off and typically reliable Hans missed free throws. Sometimes you just lose to good teams on the road.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
fishwater99 said:
No Meds Storms..</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

According to every other time we lost a game, you said he was a bad coach but he's been doing better up until tonight when we lost. You need to get on some medication for that bipolarism. NIT BOUND!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!.
</p>

MSUBully1

Feb 27, 2008
It's absurd to think we will not make the NCAA's. State had that locked up before they beat Florida.

ArrowDawg

Oct 10, 2006
.....was technically "open" on a lot of those shots, it was probably because no team in their right minds would imagine a guy consistently hitting 30 foot + 3-pointers time and again. You can't do anything about that.

The only thing we could control was what we did at the FT line. Stansbury, to his credit, finally changed the way we practice those and we had been shooting them better recently. Tonight, for whatever reason, the players failed to execute them. If anyone is looking to blame someone, the players themselves bear the responsibility for not sealing a game they had won everywhere but on the scoreboard.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
Did you even see the game you +@@*#%% moron? The competition for worst poster on the board reaches a new low all the time. Go away.

Feb 27, 2008
We went into a place where Kentucky lost by 40, and the #1 team in the country lost- Please tell me you are a retard and I will be sensitive on my reply...in case you aren't, WTF did you expect?? Stans had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with our loss. When we make free throws, its our players. When we miss free throws, its our players. We are in the midst of advancing our seed in the NCAA, and you are knocking Stans for not winning at a place where even the best didn't?? Please tell me you are bent out of shape because you spent the whole day rotating the tires on your house or something...but please (!!) don't blame our coach for this one.

P.S. If your insistent on being negative, follow the baseball team.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
ArrowDawg said:
.....was technically "open" on a lot of those shots, it was probably because no team in their right minds would imagine a guy consistently hitting 30 foot + 3-pointers time and again. You can't do anything about that.

The only thing we could control was what we did at the FT line. Stansbury, to his credit, finally changed the way we practice those and we had been shooting them better recently. Tonight, for whatever reason, the players failed to execute them. If anyone is looking to blame someone, the players themselves bear the responsibility for not sealing a game they had won everywhere but on the scoreboard.

</p>Thank you, oh voice of reason. Hans missed a critical free throw at the end. That pretty much sums up our night at the line. We have been shooting better lately, but we had a terrible night. It happens. Stans had us in position to win, we just failed to hit our free throws and Foster went off from beyond NBA range. Anyone pinning this on Stans is retarded.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
is playing zone. Once the guy got to about 20 points, its time to let Gordon hound his ***. If teams are hurting you from the outside in a zone, its time to do something else

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Coach34 wrote: _________________________________________________ is playing zone. Once the guy got to about 20 points, its time to let Gordon hound his ***. If teams are hurting you from the outside in a zone, its time to do something else

</p> Agreed coach, you would think we could man up with them pretty well.
I am scared Stans has fallen in love with the zone now...Scary

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
just kidding , if they`re torching your zone for a whole half don`t let them beat you in OT by doing the same thing.</p>

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
thatsbaseball wrote: _________________________________________________

if they`re torching your zone for a whole half don`t let them beat you in OT by doing the same thing.</p>

</p> Actually, go to a triangle and 2, box and 1, man to man.

Mix it up, but that would be asking too much from Stans.

dawginlaurel

Aug 5, 2007
seriously...stans may not be the greatest coach in the world but I'll take him anyday over the alternatives.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
we have no alternatives.

Bring back Dick?

We will never get an elite coach in Starkville.
I just hope Stans can keep improving, tonight was a step back.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
DC Dawg

Enjoy your moral victory.
I will not, I want excellence..
At least UT won me some cash tonight...

You better get used to those moral victories come September in football.

Good Night

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
We lost because of our free throw shooting. Fosters 40+ is an afterthought if we made free throws which last time I checked was a player controlled thing and not on the coach. He cant make them for them. Stansbury's teams always play good defense and rebound very well EVERY YEAR. If you want to knock him anywhere its our offense which is basically run around until something happens and it does bother me.

When a player is throwing threes up from 30 feet and making them, there is no way you can stop him or deny him the ball without screwing the rest of the team defense up. And you demand excellence.....that is just hilarious. We are west champions and going to the NCAAT after being left for dead in nonconference play. I was pissed in December with all those losses. I guess we can't give Stans any credit for that because he's an awful coach.

He took a step back tonight......I still cant believe you said that.

Feb 27, 2008
When Foster is raining 3's from mid-court, is it Stans' fault? If someone is throwing up **** from beyond NBA range, it doesn't matter if you're in zone or man-man. We showed that we are ready for tourney play, despite a close loss. You would be the first *** to give a potential sweet 16 Stans team congrats, and I'll be the first guy to *****-slap you and say "Try again". OK, maybe the second, behind Costanza.

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
He and Stallings used the same strategy - get the ball in the hands of your playmakers on offense and let them make plays - which they did.</p>

Stansfield

Apr 3, 2007
What I don't understand though is that you have 29 seconds, why don't you foul the guy the second he gets the ball and only give him two shots to tie the game?? If he has been raining threes all night long, I just don't understand why you don't foul him the second he gets the ball. Someone PLEASE explain that to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login