Outside of the SEC…

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
what college football stadium is/should be on your bucket list? I'll hang up and listen.

Topic stolen from @bartgregory

Last edited:

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Since I most likely wouldn't care about the teams in the game, I would want nice scenery

BYU
Appalachian State
Rose Bowl
Utah or Utah State
Virginia Tech

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Notre Dame. Have always wanted to see Touchdown Jesus! Rose Bowl would be the other.
I've been to the loudest recorded stadium in college football at Eugene, Oregon when MSU played up there. However, I thought LSU and Florida were as loud as Autzen.

"Autzen is known for its crowd noise. Due to the stadium's relatively small footprint, the fans are very close to the action, and the field is sunken. These factors contribute to the loudness of the stadium even though it is smaller than other 'noise comparable' stadiums.[52] According to many in the Pac-12, from Oregon's resurgence in the mid-1990s until the most recent expansion in 2002, Autzen was even louder because the noise reverberated all the way up the stadium and bounced back down to the field—the so-called "Autzen bounce." Oregon officials say that any future expansions will trap more noise.[53]"

"On October 27, 2007, during a 24–17 victory against the USC Trojans, a then-record crowd of 59,277 fans was recorded at 127.2 decibels. A similarly loud 31–27 upset of third-ranked Michigan in 2003 prompted Michigan Daily columnist J. Brady McCollough to write[54]"

Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House collectively sound like a pathetic whimper. It's louder than any place I've ever been, and that includes The Swamp at Florida, The Shoe in Columbus, and Death Valley at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die.
"Michigan coach Lloyd Carr later said that Autzen Stadium was the loudest stadium he'd ever been in.[55]"

"A view of the field during the 2007 USC game. The new press box on the south side, built in 2002, is visible to the left
In 2006, a Sporting News columnist named Autzen the most intimidating college football stadium in the nation."

Last edited:

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Notre Dame. Have always wanted to see Touchdown Jesus! Rose Bowl would be the other.
I've been to the loudest recorded stadium in college football at Eugene, Oregon when MSU played up there. However, I thought LSU and Florida were as loud as Autzen.

"Autzen is known for its crowd noise. Due to the stadium's relatively small footprint, the fans are very close to the action, and the field is sunken. These factors contribute to the loudness of the stadium even though it is smaller than other 'noise comparable' stadiums.[52] According to many in the Pac-12, from Oregon's resurgence in the mid-1990s until the most recent expansion in 2002, Autzen was even louder because the noise reverberated all the way up the stadium and bounced back down to the field—the so-called "Autzen bounce." Oregon officials say that any future expansions will trap more noise.[53]"

"On October 27, 2007, during a 24–17 victory against the USC Trojans, a then-record crowd of 59,277 fans was recorded at 127.2 decibels. A similarly loud 31–27 upset of third-ranked Michigan in 2003 prompted Michigan Daily columnist J. Brady McCollough to write[54]"

"Michigan coach Lloyd Carr later said that Autzen Stadium was the loudest stadium he'd ever been in.[55]"

"A view of the field during the 2007 USC game. The new press box on the south side, built in 2002, is visible to the left
In 2006, a Sporting News columnist named Autzen the most intimidating college football stadium in the nation."
So all that noise is what started our downfall decades ago?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I haven't seen a game at these places. But on trips, I stopped and looked at them.

The Horseshoe in Columbus OH. It's a beautiful stadium. Nice blend of keeping of the old architecture but upgraded with modern amenities. Not to mention the good games there. Also the sidelines are small. So the seats are on top of the field.

Doak...FSU stadium. Beautiful stadium, nice facade. The sideline seating is a great view. Atmosphere in town is cool.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Would love to go to Colorado and see Ralphie run out. LSU at night should be a bucket list, but I'm too skeered I might not make it out in one piece. Army-Navy would be interesting. I enjoyed when Navy played us years ago and they had this RB named Napolean McCallum who was a dude.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
California Memorial Stadium
University of California, Berkeley

Husky Stadium - Located on the shores of Lake Washington, this 70,138-seat stadium offers views of the Seattle skyline, Mount Rainier, and two mountain ranges.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Speaking of LSU at night, was our game with them in 2018 at night? Anyways that stadium is a dump. They were decent to us. The atmosphere is mid. However Fitz threw an Int to start the game and they never trailed. Maybe a game v Bama would be a more intense environment.

Autzen stadium reminded me of a newer cleaner Liberty bowl. However the Oregon fans were impressive in their support of their school. However once again the atmosphere was mid. That probably had to do with the blow out game.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Maybe Orange Beach HS when their stadium is complete. Just down the street from me.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
what college football stadium is/should be on your bucket list? I'll hang up and listen.

Topic stolen from @bartgregory
Funny that I don't really have any SEC stadiums on that list anyway. I did visit Ohio Stadium a few years ago for the OSU-Penn State game. Stadium and area was awesome, but the tailgating was a 4 year old's birthday party compared to the SEC. Other ones I would love to see are Army-Navy, Washington, Rose Bowl, Notre Dame and Harvard (just for the history), pretty much any of them out West.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
went to a couple games at Va Tech the past few years and even though the team wasn't any good the atmosphere was awesome. Would recommend to anyone.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
USC at the Coliseum
Notre Dame
Wisconsin
Penn State
Michigan
Ohio State
LSU
Tennessee
Army

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Since I most likely wouldn't care about the teams in the game, I would want nice scenery

BYU
Appalachian State
Rose Bowl
Utah or Utah State
Virginia Tech
I like where you are going with this. I would add CU Boulder (once Coach Slime is gone) or CSU. Some of the FCS teams would be cool…Montana, Montana State, NDSU, UND.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Naval Academy at West Point playing MS State. - probably not happening in my lifetime.
Notre Dame
Michigan
USC in the Coliseum

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
I went and watched Notre Dame/Michigan in 2010 in South Bend. Awesome experience. The stadium is very old school. I assume its the same - old school scoreboard, no video screens etc. Seats are very tight but standing most of game. Fans were great. I had been to Notre Dame several times before but never for a football game. I would definitely recommend it.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Not to brag, but I think I've been to a lot of stadiums (stadia? Stadii?) and can't think of any additional ones I would put on a bucket list. But I kind of want to go back and see some of the improvements. For example, I haven't seen Darrell Royal stadium since they lowered the field and added more seats. I'm not going this year, but I will be back doing.

The best out of conference experience I had was Texas-OU, which is now in conference. Cotton Bowl Stadium combined with The Texas State Fair is quite the event.

I saw #1 Notre Dame vs. #2 Michigan in The BIG House in 1989. Rocket Ismail returned 2 kicks for TDs. We didn't know the Stadium is sunk down in the ground, so we drove around a little wondering where it was. Doesn't look like much from the outside

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login