Outside of the SEC…

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Outside of the SEC most stadiums don’t live up to the hype. We attended USC vs Notre dame in the Coliseum a number of years ago and the place was a dump and the atmosphere was pitiful at best. I drove all over Notre Dame’s campus while in South Bend on a business trip. Saw the golden dome, the stadium, etc and I was not impressed. It was in the winter so not much was going on, but everything looked dirty and unkempt to me. Also while on a business trip to Madison, WI. I drove around Wisconsin’s campus. Found an open gate and went inside their stadium. Old, worn out, and not up to SEC standards at all. The UW fan base is hard to find. Everyone is a Packers fan but it’s hard to find anyone that has any interest in the Badgers. Been on Nebraskas campus and other than being right in Lincoln, it was pretty decent. Been by the Univ. of Washington stadium a number of years ago and it was kind of weird looking. The home side looked more like an old rodeo arena. They have updated sine then though. Used to park right outside of the old Pappa johns stadium former home of the Louisville Cardinals. It was at the fairgrounds and looked like a rodeo and big high school stadium combo. However, I have driven by their new stadium and it looks great. Drove by the old Oregan State stadium and it looked like a high school stadium. I think they have built a new one since then though. BYU is pretty neat. Lots of great programs out their but the SEC should be the measuring stick for all of them. It’s hard to find anything that equals was we are used to in the SEC in terms of facilities.

KnoxvilleDawg

Aug 9, 2021
VaTech
Penn State
Army/Navy
Army at West Point
Wisconsin
Cal Berkley - visited it on a business trip - beautiful location, but parking would be a nightmare
LA Coliseum
Ohio State

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login