Paige Bueckers gets on my last nerve BUT

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Impressive.

DS is very much in favour of this - it shines a bright, positive light on women's athletics.

HillsToSea

Joined Apr 12, 2020
Jan 25, 2022
She’s a natural. Not very big. Playing with and against much bigger and stronger players She has patterns. Often gets to the key by dribble or pass. Her favorite spot to shoot.

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
If she played at Carolina she would probably sit the bench.
We must first get a Paige
If she played at Carolina she would probably sit the bench.
We must first get a Paige Bueckers to test your hypothesis. Next we must conduct this experiment and draw a conclusion. My assumption or guess is that she would be a starter at UofSC!

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
Black women....
Oh mine, I thought when she was complaining about how the women were being treated for March Madness compared to the men, she was fighting for all women! Bold statement Brother TN-Gamecock! Well I guess I’ll say like my granddaddy used to say, once a person show you who they are, you better believe who they are! 🤔

Reactions: York cock

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
We have had plenty of players of all colors.

Staley does not control who has talent. I pray that people like you don't eventually cause her to leave us.
We do?
We've covered all this many times.
It doesnt matter what your skin color is and it shouldnt. Unfortunately it does to her.
Just coach the game and collect your money and stfu.

1st and goal

Joined Aug 7, 2005
Feb 16, 2022
Oh mine, I thought when she was complaining about how the women were being treated for March Madness compared to the men, she was fighting for all women! Bold statement Brother TN-Gamecock! Well I guess I’ll say like my granddaddy used to say, once a person show you who they are, you better believe who they are! 🤔
She stated it last night in an interview.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
But not exclusively so.
Well, Paige Bueckers UCONN, Catliyn Clark IOWA, Emily Engstler Louisville, Cunnane NCState, Ashley Joens Iowa State, Cameron Brink Stanford all of them ALL Americans, and you mean to tell me we can't one to come to Carolina? The only white girl being recruited this year is the girl from Greenville, Riley Stack...guess what, if you don't recruit the top white girls, we'll never have any on the team....jus say'n

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Well, Paige Bueckers UCONN, Catliyn Clark IOWA, Emily Engstler Louisville, Cunnane NCState, Ashley Joens Iowa State, Cameron Brink Stanford all of them ALL Americans, and you mean to tell me we can't one to come to Carolina? The only white girl being recruited this year is the girl from Greenville, Riley Stack...guess what, if you don't recruit the top white girls, we'll never have any on the team....jus say'n
I believe all but two members of this year's roster are American - Cardoso from Brasil and Amihere from Canada being exceptions.

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
You want the best on your team based on ability and character which fits the team and coaches demeanor. No other reason! What you are proposing has gotten us lots of politicians, CEO's, etc. for the same wrong reasons - let's not add sports to the list.

Reactions: atl-cock

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
You want the best on your team based on ability and character which fits the team and coaches demeanor. No other reason! What you are proposing has gotten us lots of politicians, CEO's, etc. for the same wrong reasons - let's not add sports to the list.
Personally, I would love to see a Paige Beuker type on our team. She relates to the inner city type girls and that is who she brings in. I remember her bringing in a white girl about 5 years back. I think she transfered out before the season started. They couldn't relate.

Last edited:

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
Personally, I would love to see a Paige Beuker type on our team. She relates to the inner city type girls and that is who she brings in. I remember her bringing in a white girl in about 5 years back. I think she transfered out before the season started. They couldn't relate.
Missed the point. We're not recruiting skin color. We are recruiting basketball talent and character which best fits the team and coach regardless of the usual boxes some people are trying to check off to meet some requirement. If that happens to be a Paige Bueckers type, I'm all for it.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Missed the point. We're not recruiting skin color. We are recruiting basketball talent and character which best fits the team and coach regardless of the usual boxes some people are trying to check off to meet some requirement. If that happens to be a Paige Bueckers type, I'm all for it.
No, you missed the point. The thread is about Paige Bueckers doing good and noble things with her NIL money, even though she is from the evilest of empires, UCONN WBB

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
You missed the point. A Paige Bueker type. I didn't say a white girl. I suggested the same for Frank Martin's teams. A lights out shooter with a very strong all around game. Duane Notice was close when he was on.

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
No, you missed the point. The thread is about Paige Bueckers doing good and noble things with her NIL money, even though she is from the evilest of empires, UCONN WBB
yea, but in case you didn't notice, somehow it drifted into recruiting by skin color. That's what I was addressing - not the original thread.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
What a sad thread. Even if DS was recruiting primarily black girls to play on the team, SO WHAT?? You recruit the players that fit your team play style, team mentality, team chemistry, team ethos, TEAM. Maybe just maybe, DS is recruiting white girls and we just don't get the ones we targeted. DS is empowering women, period. And I'm sorry, but to suggest DS is a racist (because that's what some of you are saying) is BS.

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
Agree, we recruit talent and character which matches the demeanor of the team and coach which is why I had to address the post from TN-Gamecock at 6:01pm yesterday where Beuckers was mentioned among others as "white girls". Race is not a recruiting criteria.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Agree, we recruit talent and character which matches the demeanor of the team and coach which is why I had to address the post from TN-Gamecock at 6:01pm yesterday where Beuckers was mentioned among others as "white girls". Race is not a recruiting criteria.
Criterion. Criterion is singular; criteria is plural. Race is not a recruiting criterion. Nor should it be.

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
We have had plenty of players of all colors.

Staley does not control who has talent. I pray that people like you don't eventually cause her to leave us.
She won't leave because of the few haters. They don't show up to watch or support our team anyway. I am a season ticket holder and have been for years. The stands are filled with a mixture of all races and ages. A lot of older people. I was at the CLA celebration yesterday. It was very hot and the crowd waited for hours. Little old white women were dropping like flies but they came to support Dawn Staley and her team. Dawn told Coach Paris that he would love the people of Columbia. She knows they embrace and love her and her team. All of them.

DeutschRock

Jan 20, 2022
Personally, I would love to see a Paige Beuker type on our team. She relates to the inner city type girls and that is who she brings in. I remember her bringing in a white girl in about 5 years back. I think she transfered out before the season started. They couldn't relate.
It was Haley Troup. She went to Mizzou. She's a starter there and using her covid year to come back.

Reactions: Viennacock

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login