Path to 6 wins. Does it still exist?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Given our offensive showing in 3 of 5 games this year, do we have a realistic path to 6 wins? We need three wins from: Bama, OU, Mizzou, A&M, Wofford, Vandy, Clemson. Conventional wisdom entering the season had us with wins over Vandy and Wofford. The Vandy game is, at best, in the tossup category for us now. That puts us at 4 wins needing 2 more from that list (minus Wofford).

I just can't see it. This team looks very uninspired. We play some good defense, but also seem to shoot ourselves in the foot on defense as well (e.g. four offsides on hard counts). Offensively, we are a total mess with no discernible strength or identity or playmaker.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Also, it is not lost on me how pathetic it is that we are coming off a 5-7 campaign and are quibbling over whether we see a path to 6 wins in Year 4.

Sigh......

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
You point out that our offense looked bald in 3 of 5 games this year.

With a win over wofford, we need that offense that showed up in 2 games to also show up when we play Vandy. Then, we hope one team craps the bed when we play them. That happens. Maybe Missouri goes in the tank? A&M has their qb get hurt again?

There is a pathetic, but we're hoping for others to fall down at this point.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
This past weekend shows us that anything can happen on a given day.
As I stated in another thread, I think the off week hurt us mentally and the team has to work on getting the mental part corrected.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
This past weekend shows us that anything can happen on a given day.
As I stated in another thread, I think the off week hurt us mentally and the team has to work on getting the mental part corrected.

Part of the problem is that for those teams who show anything can happen, they play inspired football. Even Vandy has a good D and a QB playing very well. Outside of our D, which plays well but inconsistent, where do we have a strength? We have zero offensive playmakers.

Reactions: 92Pony
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login