Paul Goldschmidt

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Goldy is having an MVP season so far. If Flaherty can get settled into the rotation I like the way the cards are looking right now.

Aug 28, 2018
Goldy has definitely been on a tear. Some of the young guys are starting to make some plays. We just need consistent SP, which hopefully Flaherty coming back will shore that up. The bullpen has been pretty good, just having to log a lot of innings.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Goldy has definitely been on a tear. Some of the young guys are starting to make some plays. We just need consistent SP, which hopefully Flaherty coming back will shore that up. The bullpen has been pretty good, just having to log a lot of innings.

Been really impressed with Donavon. Makes alot of contact, sees a lot of pitches taking counts deep. He's been a pleasant surprise.

Gorman's D at 2nd has really been surprisingly good. Hopefully with time, he'll develop a better eye. Still whiffs a lot.

Flaherty starts today. If he gets back to his norm, he'll be the much needed ace the staff needs.

Disagree with you on the pen. VerHagen, Wittgren, McFarland, Naughton, Oveido I have zero faith in. If/when Hicks and Matz become available, Hicks will provide the pen with a boost and Pallante can also move back to the pen.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Been really impressed with Donavon. Makes alot of contact, sees a lot of pitches taking counts deep. He's been a pleasant surprise.

Gorman's D at 2nd has really been surprisingly good. Hopefully with time, he'll develop a better eye. Still whiffs a lot.

Flaherty starts today. If he gets back to his norm, he'll be the much needed ace the staff needs.

Disagree with you on the pen. VerHagen, Wittgren, McFarland, Naughton, Oveido I have zero faith in. If/when Hicks and Matz become available, Hicks will provide the pen with a boost and Pallante can also move back to the pen.

There's been good and bad in the pen.

But if you give me Hicks, Gallegos, Pallante, Helsley, and Cabrera out of the pen, I'm pretty content.

McFarland is trash. Oviedo needs a little seasoning and control work. The other guys are just blah. Getting Flaherty back, assuming he can stay healthy, will help spread some innings around and make everyone better.

The offense is making some strides too, as the thread started alluded too. Goldy is your first half MVP so far. Edman leads the NL in WAR. Gorman appears to be really talented. Carlson and O'Neill appear to be healthy and performing better since their DL stints. Arenado is Arenado.

Sosa is about to play Dejong's way back to STL too. Maybe Dejong can get hot for a week or two in STL and we can trade him for something more than a bucket of balls.

Aug 28, 2018
Gallegos, Pallante, Helsley, Cabrera, Woodford, with an additional Hicks out of the pen is a nice pen. Woodford has had limited appearances, but has decent stats. Four of the Six are sub 3 ERA. The rest are currently pretty pathetic. But, we have the guys there to win games late.

Dejong has been on a pretty good tear recently, 8 or 9 HR now and finally has a little semblance of consistency.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Gallegos, Pallante, Helsley, Cabrera, Woodford, with an additional Hicks out of the pen is a nice pen. Woodford has had limited appearances, but has decent stats. Four of the Six are sub 3 ERA. The rest are currently pretty pathetic. But, we have the guys there to win games late.

Dejong has been on a pretty good tear recently, 8 or 9 HR now and finally has a little semblance of consistency.

Not sure why Woodford isn't used more. Seems like he's in the doghouse. WRT to Dejong, hopefully he's making himself tradeable for some pitching. I'm ready to roll with Edman at SS and Gorman at 2nd.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Where'd all these cardinal fans come from?

This is Braves country.

Freddie gone...no sweat.
Ace pitcher still on the shelf...so what?
Ozzie broken foot...no big deal.

Still keep choppin.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Not sure why Woodford isn't used more. Seems like he's in the doghouse. WRT to Dejong, hopefully he's making himself tradeable for some pitching. I'm ready to roll with Edman at SS and Gorman at 2nd.

Yep. Edman and Gorman need to be the main guys at SS and 2nd. I’m fine keeping Sosa around to give edman a break when needed. Donovan can provide some depth at second. Best case scenario is finding some value for DeJong.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login