People, here's the deal on Will

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Football is much different than baseball. Before COVID anyway.

Once the draft was shortened, guess who the first two teams were that benefitted? Two teams who got players back who normally would have signed.

Yeah, I’m not seeing this comparison at all. I know MSU won the title in 2021 after the shortened draft, but we weren’t riding the backs of 5th and 6th year players, or even 4th year players if you don’t count the COVID year. And we still lost 3 critical players - two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder, in that shortened draft, too. The players that carried us were Bednar, a true junior who left immediately in the draft, Sims who was a true sophomore who left as a junior the following season, and TA / Rowdey who were in their 3rd full season at MSU and left in the draft despite having more eligibility remaining. None of those are comparable to players who failed to get drafted at all in football for 3 years in a row.

Here is another fact. We sold out our season tickets this year. That means a ton of people believe in this team and expect a big year.

I’m not sure how this has to do with anything I said. 8-4 is in within reason, and that is a big year by MSU standards….just about the biggest its ever going to get without a once in a generation fluke coming around. We also have 8 home games, including Alabama, LSU, and the Egg Bowl. I’d certainly expect us to come close to selling out every single time we have that set up. And you don’t want to know how many of those tickets were bought by Bama and LSU fans either.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login