Per Steve... Briles has signed contract extension and will remain at Ark

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I’d just as soon have Spurrier after all this BS. Tell him to install a TE into the system along with more running. I know it won’t happen but unlikely any other 17er will do any better.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I figured once it didn’t happen early today that it was a no. Oh well. I‘m glad we tried.

Kevin Johns at Duke, go get him.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Chucksizzle

Dec 17, 2022
The only people we’ve for sure fired are the WR coaches and we’ve already hired a new WR coach.
And lost 2 four star qbs , Mason Miller is not a sure thing, we just lost Britton to auburn

i believe Hollingshead is the recruiter who signed all 3 four star qbs

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Hollingshead is the only coach that said adios so far. I'm sure they have 2 or 3 other guys they are talking to tho.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I say we need to call Hatcher and tell him we got a plane picking him up tomorrow. Hatch Attack
Hatcher and Littrell have been there all along if that's the direction we wanted to go we would have gone there already, they still might end up being second options, but if he has been thinking veer and shoot he may be thinking someone else from those guys.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Obviously Briles was first choice. Now on to second or third. Whoever that is. Hatcher was really hot for a few years and then kinda flamed out. They are good this year but he had 6 or 7 years of garbage. I don't know who Arnett really wants now. He will find his guy tho

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Garrett Riley…he’s been the guy all along. We just have to wait until after Monday.

Everyone said “If we’re bringing Bump back, we already have our OC.” If it isn’t Briles, it’s obviously Riley.

• Haha
Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I wonder if we could steal Willy Korn from Liberty. He just left Coastal Carolina.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
LOL. It’s been less than a week since the bowl game and y’all have already given up on the OC search. Three years ago we struck out hiring Sark, Napier and Judge and ended up with the Pirate.

Reactions: drumrcraig

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Someone said the other day that it will be somebody that nobody has mentioned yet, they are very wise. I have wanted Littrell but as also mentioned. He has been there the entire time so if we wanted him we would have already gotten him.

Last edited:

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017
Hatcher and Littrell have been there all along if that's the direction we wanted to go we would have gone there already, they still might end up being second options, but if he has been thinking veer and shoot he may be thinking someone else from those guys.

I'm guessing that Littrell and Hatcher are safer fall back options. ZA knows he can get them so he's hunting for bigger game first.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm glad he went big. You don't go in the bar and find the fat chicks at 10 pm. You start with the hottest and as they turn ya down thru the night around 2 am you grab a big girl. They ain't going nowhere.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Someone said the other day that it will be somebody that nobody has mentioned yet, they are very wise. I have wanted Littrell but as also mentioned. He has been there the entire time so if we wanted him we would have already gotten him.
It's literally always someone that hasn't been mentioned.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
There have been a ton of names thrown around from Littrell to the rb coach at Liberty I believe. I just don’t think it will be any of them.
That's what I'm saying. If you been a State fan for your whole life you know it's usually never any of the people we rattle off. They usually turn us down or were never offered. It'll probably never change unless we dig up some oil on campus.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
That's what I'm saying. If you been a State fan for your whole life you know it's usually never any of the people we rattle off. They usually turn us down or were never offered. It'll probably never change unless we dig up some oil on campus.
For the record third generation state graduate and life long fan. Just felt my fan card was in dispute. You do not have to a be a hardcore fan to know we are not a place that big name guys come for a whole host of reasons. I was agreeing with that point being made a few days ago sorry if I did not manipulate the English language in such a way that brought that to light.

MoronDawg

Nov 26, 2022
For the record third generation state graduate and life long fan. Just felt my fan card was in dispute. You do not have to a be a hardcore fan to know we are not a place that big name guys come for a whole host of reasons. I was agreeing with that point being made a few days ago sorry if I did not manipulate the English language in such a way that brought that to light.
Mike Leach was a big name guy.

Reactions: Dawg1976

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
I'm glad he went big. You don't go in the bar and find the fat chicks at 10 pm. You start with the hottest and as they turn ya down thru the night around 2 am you grab a big girl. They ain't going nowhere.
Lots of truth in your words. Wise Man. 👍👍👍👍

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login