Per writers, Rogers is out multiple games

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
No, teams have had to respect the pass with Will in the game. in fact, drop 8 is the opposite of stacking the box.
What they did was drop 8 but not their LBs very deep. They knew we weren't running the ball very much and when Will finally threw the check down pass at the line or a couple yards beyond, the LBs were already coming back toward the line and in position to make short or no yard tackles.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Except we started showing no offense nor ability to create it in the LSU game week 3, way before Woody and Will were injured
Yep, when coaching sucks, it sucks for all involved. Players, Fans etc.

wait... I was wrong. It does not suck for the teams we are playing

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I've always wondered how Fant would have done if you swapped him and Eli back then. Our offensive line was a step below awful. I bet Fant didn't thrown three passes his entire career where he didn't end up on his *** after he threw it.
If you're saying Fant chose the wrong school.....you're correct.

Reactions: HailStout

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
So lotta folks getting their wish for king wright
I don't know where you're coming up w/ this King Wright crap but I'm one of those that was hoping Mike would get a legitimate shot sooner than later. You know, the offense may not be any better than it was with Will, it may be worse (that's a disturbing thought). But, it was PAST TIME for him to get more than 1 play at a time after the offense has stunk it up in most every game except lowly SC and SEL. If you enjoyed sitting there week after week watching that crap you are a bored soul.

Feb 4, 2015
So not only will we already have Arnett back next year then this means we will have Will back next too. Oh my. For the record, our administration wont get rid of Arenett no matter where we finish,

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I don't know where you're coming up w/ this King Wright crap but I'm one of those that was hoping Mike would get a legitimate shot sooner than later. You know, the offense may not be any better than it was with Will, it may be worse (that's a disturbing thought). But, it was PAST TIME for him to get more than 1 play at a time after the offense has stunk it up in most every game except lowly SC and SEL. If you enjoyed sitting there week after week watching that crap you are a bored soul.
It's been a real head scratcher to me how people have labeled everyone who simply wanted to see if Wright could contribute (NOT REPLACE WILL AS THE STARTER) in this offense as a "Will hater". My "wish" was not for "king wright" but to learn how to utilize both QB's and win football games for MSU.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We all want to win. Some of us think we are more suited to air it out. Our running game might improve with Mike but I don't think we will be able to outscore our opponents with Mike and the running game. Will and Tulu > Mike and Woody. But we about to find out who was right maybe for about 4 or 5 games. The thing I hate the most is when our AD says we'll he lost his QB and had a ton of other injuries. So we are extending him another year to keep a full 4. It will hurt his recruiting if he is on a short leash. Those unrated JUCO guys might pick McNeese

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Henig. All he threw were Hail Mary’s

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I would like to know what injury Rogers has to keep him from playing. QB's play with hurt shoulders all the time. It must be really bad.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
It's been a real head scratcher to me how people have labeled everyone who simply wanted to see if Wright could contribute (NOT REPLACE WILL AS THE STARTER) in this offense as a "Will hater". My "wish" was not for "king wright" but to learn how to utilize both QB's and win football games for MSU.
You don't do that because history shows it rarely works. Teams that we play have the luxury of above average defenses to great defenses. You bring him in and the first thing they do is protect against the run.

- removes plays from the starter that's needed in a new system
- Kills drives. Even the LOWLY WMU saw it and stopped it. Had that game been against a better team, WE LOSE because of it.

• 1st & 10 at WMU 47​

(12:54 - 1st) Jo'Quavious Marks run for 13 yds to the WMU 34 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at WMU 34​

(12:54 - 1st) Will Rogers pass complete to Creed Whittemore for 5 yds to the WMU 29
  • 2nd & 5 at WMU 29​

(12:54 - 1st) Will Rogers pass complete to Jaden Walley for 15 yds to the WMU 14 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at WMU 14​

(12:54 - 1st) Will Rogers pass incomplete
  • 2nd & 10 at WMU 14​

(12:54 - 1st) Jo'Quavious Marks run for 2 yds to the WMU 12
  • 3rd & 8 at WMU 12​

(12:54 - 1st) Mike Wright run for a loss of 1 yard to the WMU 13
  • 4th & 9 at WMU 13​

(10:09 - 1st) Kyle Ferrie 31 yd FG GOOD

Literally put the guy that marches it down on the sideline to do that.

If you want to play both, allow your starter to win games like this and then put the back up in.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
The Rogers cult are an unhinged bunch. Don’t dare disparage their king

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You bring him in and the first thing they do is protect against the run.

If you want to play both, allow your starter to win games like this

While they have been "protecting against the run", he's been averaging 6.9 yds per carry per HailState stats. Given, the sample size is very small, which is, the complaint most have with the way he's being used.

And as far as "allowing our starter to win games like this", our starter has beaten the cream puffs and is 0'fer in conference........

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
While they have been "protecting against the run", he's been averaging 6.9 yds per carry per HailState stats. Given, the sample size is very small, which is, the complaint most have with the way he's being used.

And as far as "allowing our starter to win games like this", our starter has beaten the cream puffs and is 0'fer in conference........
Nope!

SELA is an FCS school. remove it and the other chump teams and you will find exactly what he is going to do vs SEC talent.

He has a whopping 19 yards vs AZ, LSU, USCe, and Bama. That's on 8 attempts. That's 2.3 yards per attempt.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
So not only will we already have Arnett back next year then this means we will have Will back next too. Oh my. For the record, our administration wont get rid of Arenett no matter where we finish,
I dunno. A few more F-bombs and bad attitude go pound sand postgame comments and I think he will be shown the door. Ask Jo Mo how that bad attitude turned out for him after 2 winning seasons and 2 egg bowl victories.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Well hopefully he does and we win. That will give everyone hope for next week. Personally I seriously doubt that is gonna happen. But this time tomorrow we will know

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Well hopefully he does and we win. That will give everyone hope for next week. Personally I seriously doubt that is gonna happen. But this time tomorrow we will know
When Wright leads the team to victory the cult will slink back into their basements and go pull their puds while watching WKU and Washington State run their “amazing” offenses.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I've always wondered how Fant would have done if you swapped him and Eli back then. Our offensive line was a step below awful. I bet Fant didn't thrown three passes his entire career where he didn't end up on his *** after he threw it.
He did get some good truck tires out of the deal.

• Haha
Reactions: HailStout

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
A lot of folks on here seem to think Wright can’t throw a forward pass. Good grief.
He wouldn't be a college quarterback if he could throw a pass. How well he can throw one is another thing entirely. You're gonna get a chance to see exactly what he can do come Saturday. I hope he does well because we don't have any other real option.

I bet you'll see Will smiling a lot on the sideline.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
When Wright leads the team to victory the cult will slink back into their basements and go pull their puds while watching WKU and Washington State run their “amazing” offenses.
I won't be slinking anywhere. I will be on here saying I underestimated Mike and happy we won. I expect to see you admitting your mistake if it goes the other way. Remember last year we hung 40 on them. But I'm sure you will be nowhere to be found

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I won't be slinking anywhere. I will be on here saying I underestimated Mike and happy we won. I expect to see you admitting your mistake if it goes the other way. Remember last year we hung 40 on them. But I'm sure you will be nowhere to be found
Where are you going to be when Ole Miss hangs 60 on us?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Where are you going to be when Ole Miss hangs 60 on us?
Probly sitting in front of my TV? If I even watch. Its getting really hard to watch this team. This is about as hopeless as I have been since Croom but we were more or less use to it then. Tomorrow I will be at work probly listening to the game or watching it on my phone depending how busy we are. Any other questions on my whereabouts ??

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Not making Any excuses for Will, but a ton of folks thought Wright was the absolute answer. Every time he came in the game against SEC competition (and AZ) , he got STUFFED for no gain, or a loss. (Except for against LSU’s 3rd team Defense in garbage time)

Maybe it will be different tomorrow. At least I hope so.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Probly sitting in front of my TV? If I even watch. Its getting really hard to watch this team. This is about as hopeless as I have been since Croom but we were more or less use to it then. Tomorrow I will be at work probly listening to the game or watching it on my phone depending how busy we are. Any other questions on my whereabouts ??
Just so you know, if that really happened, it would hurt me just as bad as it would hurt you. I just have a feeling that we will go downhill in a hurry. of all the teams we have left on our schedule. They are the ones that scare me the most because they scored 70 points in one game this year, and we have not exactly shown that we're good at stopping any kind of offense.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Just so you know, if that really happened, it would hurt me just as bad as it would hurt you. I just have a feeling that we will go downhill in a hurry. of all the teams we have left on our schedule. They are the ones that scare me the most because they scored 70 points in one game this year, and we have not exactly shown that we're good at stopping any kind of offense.
Oh I fully expect that. They are gonna roll our a$$es this year. You are correct about the D. Its straight garbage but we all wanna ***** about Will.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login