Perkins and Stephen A Smith have lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Love me some Barkley. I don't 100% agree with him when he makes a societal / political statement but many times I do like this one. He says what's on his mind and doesn't give a damn if it's politically incorrect.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Reddick will be looking for a job soon. You can not speak the truth like that. That is not the accepted narrative. I do love me some Barkley. He calls it like he sees it.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Youre Dumb Charles Barkley GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Love me some Barkley. I don't 100% agree with him when he makes a societal / political statement but many times I do like this one. He says what's on his mind and doesn't give a damn if it's politically incorrect.
Back during the time of the Dream Team, Barkley got into an altercation outside of a nightclub. Some idiots got in his face because he was out with a white woman and I think Chuck thumped their heads. It went to court and he won. Flash forward a week or two and he was being interviewed after the Dream Team drubbed another team by 60 at the Pan-Am games or whatever the Olympic preliminaries are. The reporter asked him "Don't you feel a little guilty after beating teams like that?" Barkley responded with "Oh no. I was found not guilty last week." LOL

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
They’ve got a bunch of white dudes from Mississippi talking about their show. I don’t think they’ve lost it at all. I think they know exactly what they are doing. It’s all vaudeville. I I guarantee you a large amount of people who disagree with them watched the YouTube clip and generated money for ESPN.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

The Joker is averaging a triple double.
I’ll admit I haven’t paid attention to the NBA for years so I have no idea who this dude is. Then I saw his stats and thought to myself that’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. Then, again, as someone that doesn’t follow the NBA, I saw the Nuggets are one of the best teams in basketball and thought. THAT’s the crazy thing I’ve ever heard.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
They’ve got a bunch of white dudes from Mississippi talking about their show. I don’t think they’ve lost it at all. I think they know exactly what they are doing. It’s all vaudeville. I I guarantee you a large amount of people who disagree with them watched the YouTube clip and generated money for ESPN.
My favorite resident idiot, Draymond Green made a few comments the other day about how black American players are held to a different standard than their white Euro counterparts when it comes to winning titles, and his basis for this discrimination was a comparison of Chris Paul and James Harden to Jokic and Luka Doncic. So two guys that have averaged 16 years in the league vs two guys that have averaged 6….

I was about to comment, but then I stopped short rather than taking the bait. There is no better way to get clicks and listens these days

Reactions: aTotal360

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I’ll admit I haven’t paid attention to the NBA for years so I have no idea who this dude is. Then I saw his stats and thought to myself that’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. Then, again, as someone that doesn’t follow the NBA, I saw the Nuggets are one of the best teams in basketball and thought. THAT’s the crazy thing I’ve ever heard.
Not only that, Milwaukee is the best team in the East and Memphis was right there with Denver until they hit their skid last month.

David Stern would have blown a gasket and started making maneuvers to get Ja, Giannis, and Jokic on Miami, New York, or one of the LA teams.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Not only that, Milwaukee is the best team in the East and Memphis was right there with Denver until they hit their skid last month.

David Stern would have blown a gasket and started making maneuvers to get Ja, Giannis, and Jokic on Miami, New York, or one of the LA teams.
Are the SuperSonics still good?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Reddick will be looking for a job soon. You can not speak the truth like that. That is not the accepted narrative. I do love me some Barkley. He calls it like he sees it.
I have never followed the NBA, ever. So, Barkley can "call it like he sees it", but this Reddick character, "will be looking for a job soon" because "you can not speak the truth like that"? That sounds pretty racist to me.......

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I can promise you I'll never click a link that has anything to do with sas. Him and skip are why I never watch espn or fox other than for actual games.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Sure, I will enter.

Stephen A is a race baiting loudmouth who has no shame. I do not like him as a character or person.
Kendrick Perkins' impact as a commentator is even less than his impact on the court when he played.

ETA- I just watched the back and forth. JJ nailed it when he talked about what is wrong with First Take- they create narratives that dont exist outside that studio, but they still get pushed out to sports society.
Further, Perkins has to be playing the stooge. His claim that 80% of MVP voters are white, which implies they are racist and voting for the white player, is absurd. 5 out of the last 36 MVP winners have been white. That ends right before Bird's 3 in a row, so including them- 8 out of the last 40 MVP winners have been white. Only 8.
Put another way, there have been 23 different winners in the last 40 NBA seasons. 4 were white and 19 were black.
Perkins is being as dumb as I expected.
I dont think JJ said anything inappropriate.

ETA part 2- Its highly ironic that a FoxNews link was provided to discuss a subject where race is involved. Look at the disgusting comments in that article(and pretty much every other FN article I see, regardless of subject). Racism, on both sides, is very much alive and incredibly frustrating to witness.

Last edited:
Reactions: MSUGUY

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Kendrick Perkins suggested the other day that Jaren Jackson Jr and Desmond Bane were just as bad off the court as Ja Morant has been which is quite possibly the dumbest thing I’ve heard in quite some time.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I have never followed the NBA, ever. So, Barkley can "call it like he sees it", but this Reddick character, "will be looking for a job soon" because "you can not speak the truth like that"? That sounds pretty racist to me.......
It's just a fact. Like saying men can't get pregnant. How it sounds to you is of no concern to me

Reactions: boatsandhoes

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Good for J.J. White people are too scared to speak up and be honest although I understand why. But, more people need to call out the race baiters. White people, if they have racist friends, also need to tell them to cut that crap out too. At least tell them to stop saying the N word.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Sure, I will enter.

Stephen A is a race baiting loudmouth who has no shame. I do not like him as a character or person.
Kendrick Perkins' impact as a commentator is even less than his impact on the court when he played.

ETA- I just watched the back and forth. JJ nailed it when he talked about what is wrong with First Take- they create narratives that dont exist outside that studio, but they still get pushed out to sports society.
Further, Perkins has to be playing the stooge. His claim that 80% of MVP voters are white, which implies they are racist and voting for the white player, is absurd. 5 out of the last 36 MVP winners have been white. That ends right before Bird's 3 in a row, so including them- 8 out of the last 40 MVP winners have been white. Only 8.
Put another way, there have been 23 different winners in the last 40 NBA seasons. 4 were white and 19 were black.

ETA part 2- Its highly ironic that a FoxNews link was provided to discuss a subject where race is involved. Look at the disgusting comments in that article(and pretty much every other FN article I see, regardless of subject). Racism, on both sides, is very much alive and incredibly frustrating to witness.
You made a very good post, but you couldn't stand it. So you edited it and surprisingly didn't ruin it. But then you couldn't help yourself aGAIN, and edited to go full mstateglfr.

Good job.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Sure, I will enter.

Reading comments on any news site will lower your IQ and that’s not exclusive to just Fox News. Thanks for throwing a 17ing grenade in the thread when it wasn’t necessary.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
What's also wild is that Joker is clearly the MVP for the 3rd time - but very likely wouldn't be a top 5 pick for anyone if there was an NBA re-draft. Giannis, Embiid, Luka would for sure be in front of him, and very likely Ja (well, before a couple days ago maybe), Durant, and Curry.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
What's also wild is that Joker is clearly the MVP for the 3rd time - but very likely wouldn't be a top 5 pick for anyone if there was an NBA re-draft. Giannis, Embiid, Luka would for sure be in front of him, and very likely Ja (well, before a couple days ago maybe), Durant, and Curry.
At this point in their careers he would be ahead of Durant and Curry. Jokic is very durable and the other two have become much more injury prone.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
At this point in their careers he would be ahead of Durant and Curry. Jokic is very durable and the other two have become much more injury prone.
I think you could make that case but still think it's at best a coin flip. Those other two still got a lotta gas in the tanks.

In any event, Joker has gotta for sure be SPS favorite NBA player. Look at this physical specimen as a kid:
1678288730861.png

Attachments

• 1678288704911.png
    1678288704911.png
    823.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Perkins and Smith have their shticks. They both intentionally like to stir up things. Perkins is great. You'll catch him snickering after pissing off somebody with his dry humor. Stephen A. has always been into race baiting, but when he's serious he's good too.
It's all about getting you to talk about it. Looks like it worked.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You made a very good post, but you couldn't stand it. So you edited it and surprisingly didn't ruin it. But then you couldn't help yourself aGAIN, and edited to go full mstateglfr.

Good job.
I figured I would call out race baiting, racism, and ignorance regardless of its on TV or in an article.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Reading comments on any news site will lower your IQ and that’s not exclusive to just Fox News. Thanks for throwing a 17ing grenade in the thread when it wasn’t necessary.
Other people pointing out racism and ignorance in sports commentary is OK.
Me pointing out racism and ignorance in sports commentary is throwing a 17ing grenade in the thread.

Didnt realize you view it as appropriate for some to point out, but not others. Got it now though.

Reactions: dorndawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I figured I would call out race baiting, racism, and ignorance regardless of its on TV or in an article.
Nah, you did what all good lefties do when the topic comes up....pivots to wHAt abOUt FoX neWS??3? Your comments were fine without, as DCD stated, editing it to throw a grenade in there.

Reactions: paindonthurt

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Joker is like TIm Duncan. BORING. Definitively the MVP, but boring. You arent going to get clicks showing his highlights or talking about him without creating drama like this.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Letting former players be commentators has, by and large, been a mistake. For every Barkley or Reddick, there are ten to twenty Kendrick Perkinses or Jalen Roses. Turns out the Venn Diagram between being good at a sport and being good at talking about it don't feature as much overlap as you'd expect. Ryen Russillo is a classic example. I'd put his NBA analysis up against anyone's. He's far more qualified to talk about the league than most former players.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Letting former players be commentators has, by and large, been a mistake. For every Barkley or Reddick, there are ten to twenty Kendrick Perkinses or Jalen Roses. Turns out the Venn Diagram between being good at a sport and being good at talking about it don't feature as much overlap as you'd expect. Ryen Russillo is a classic example. I'd put his NBA analysis up against anyone's. He's far more qualified to talk about the league than most former players.
I don't mind Jalen Rose. That said, there is a stark difference in quality of coverage, game broadcasts, and quality of broadcasters between ESPN and TNT. The folks over at TNT are far, far superior in every way.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
I live in Colorado, so it's relevant for me.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Back during the time of the Dream Team, Barkley got into an altercation outside of a nightclub. Some idiots got in his face because he was out with a white woman and I think Chuck thumped their heads. It went to court and he won. Flash forward a week or two and he was being interviewed after the Dream Team drubbed another team by 60 at the Pan-Am games or whatever the Olympic preliminaries are. The reporter asked him "Don't you feel a little guilty after beating teams like that?" Barkley responded with "Oh no. I was found not guilty last week." LOL
he threw one of them through a plate glass window if i remember correctly..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login