Perkins and Stephen A Smith have lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
Other people pointing out racism and ignorance in sports commentary is OK.
Me pointing out racism and ignorance in sports commentary is throwing a 17ing grenade in the thread.

Didnt realize you view it as appropriate for some to point out, but not others. Got it now though.
I read that as DCD referencing you bringing up Fox News specifically when this had little to do with politics, but I could be wrong. I’d like to think that the majority of us could admit that comment sections represent the absolute dregs of both sides of the aisle, and they are plentiful in number. Just my thoughts, though.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Back during the time of the Dream Team, Barkley got into an altercation outside of a nightclub. Some idiots got in his face because he was out with a white woman and I think Chuck thumped their heads. It went to court and he won. Flash forward a week or two and he was being interviewed after the Dream Team drubbed another team by 60 at the Pan-Am games or whatever the Olympic preliminaries are. The reporter asked him "Don't you feel a little guilty after beating teams like that?" Barkley responded with "Oh no. I was found not guilty last week." LOL
What they want is attention and that's what they are getting. I don't understand why people fall for this.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You made a very good post, but you couldn't stand it. So you edited it and surprisingly didn't ruin it. But then you couldn't help yourself aGAIN, and edited to go full mstateglfr.

Good job.
He honestly can’t help it. It’s embedded him his dna I guess.

i was reading and thinking, “wow mstateglfr is making a good logical unbiased post…..nebermind”

Reactions: Drebin

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
He honestly can’t help it. It’s embedded him his dna I guess.

i was reading and thinking, “wow mstateglfr is making a good logical unbiased post…..nebermind”
My question is the same as it always is does the man ever post about sports? Not that I want a lecture about sports either, but if that is all your going to post there are plenty of political message boards out there.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I read that as DCD referencing you bringing up Fox News specifically when this had little to do with politics, but I could be wrong. I’d like to think that the majority of us could admit that comment sections represent the absolute dregs of both sides of the aisle, and they are plentiful in number. Just my thoughts, though.

I wasnt referencing FoxNews due to politics, it really was just because the topic was applicable to the article too. It was sorta meta- sports commentary with an unjustified racist view about sports commentary with an unjustified racist view.

I geek for that sort of humor.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
My question is the same as it always is does the man every post about sports? Not that I want a lecture about sports either, but if that is all your going to post there are plenty of political message boards out there.
In the last 20 threads Ive posted in 4 are not sports related and 16 are.

...and I counted this as not sports related, even though it is sports related.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
In the last 20 threads Ive posted in 4 are not sports related and 16 are.

...and I counted this as not sports related, even though it is sports related.
I think it is pretty well established that you make everything political. I did not establish that point but others have many times. I am just simply pointing out if you want to lecture conservatives or really anybody on politics there are places for that. You know as well as anybody that you turn sports threads political so it really does not matter if the thread is about sports or not does it? Now I am sure you are going to give me a lecture on how I am wrong, or put up some chart about every post you have made in the last how every many days, weeks, or months. Please just save your time, I do not care that much. I am just asking, on behalf of the folks that hate political stuff, please just try and limit it to sports.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
My question is the same as it always is does the man ever post about sports? Not that I want a lecture about sports either, but if that is all your going to post there are plenty of political message boards out there.
Lets put it this way. I'd post a lot less about politics if he didn't post so much. I can't help but respond which is on me i know.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I think it is pretty well established that you make everything political. I did not establish that point but others have many times. I am just simply pointing out if you want to lecture conservatives or really anybody on politics there are places for that. You know as well as anybody that you turn sports threads political so it really does not matter if the thread is about sports or not does it? Now I am sure you are going to give me a lecture on how I am wrong, or put up some chart about every post you have made in the last how every many days, weeks, or months. Please just save your time, I do not care that much. I am just asking, on behalf of the folks that hate political stuff, please just try and limit it to sports.
Do I veer the car off the highway and onto the Political Blvd or do I respond to something that was already political and since it is often a minority opinion here, it sticks out?
I can think of 1 thread where I turned it political and it was the Memphis v Houston MBB thread where funny enough I referenced the same thing as here- the horrible comments in the article that had been pushed to me.

This thread? It was about racist claims(which I very firmly side with the majority on) and I didnt start it. It is inherently political since race and politics are directly tied at this point.
Coach Prime thread? I responded to a poster's incorrect claims and did not start it. It was inherently political to begin with though.
Rivian thread? Again, I responded to a poster's comments(multiple posters, actually) and did not start the thread down a different route.
Byrne and Miller thread? I responded to a poster's comments about voting and did not start it.

Again and again, I reply. And many threads are extremely active and popular(many posters and many posts) so its hardly just me posting to myself over and over.
It isnt pretty well established that I make everything political. I respond to baseless claims that are made in an attempt to change reality or history, and then some posters get all riled up because the narrative they have bought into is being easily made fun of.
Wash rinse repeat.

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
Other people pointing out racism and ignorance in sports commentary is OK.
Me pointing out racism and ignorance in sports commentary is throwing a 17ing grenade in the thread.

Didnt realize you view it as appropriate for some to point out, but not others. Got it now though.
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

Reactions: mcdawg22

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Do I veer the car off the highway and onto the Political Blvd or do I respond to something that was already political and since it is often a minority opinion here, it sticks out?
I can think of 1 thread where I turned it political and it was the Memphis v Houston MBB thread where funny enough I referenced the same thing as here- the horrible comments in the article that had been pushed to me.

This thread? It was about racist claims(which I very firmly side with the majority on) and I didnt start it. It is inherently political since race and politics are directly tied at this point.
Coach Prime thread? I responded to a poster's incorrect claims and did not start it. It was inherently political to begin with though.
Rivian thread? Again, I responded to a poster's comments(multiple posters, actually) and did not start the thread down a different route.
Byrne and Miller thread? I responded to a poster's comments about voting and did not start it.

Again and again, I reply. And many threads are extremely active and popular(many posters and many posts) so its hardly just me posting to myself over and over.
It isnt pretty well established that I make everything political. I respond to baseless claims that are made in an attempt to change reality or history, and then some posters get all riled up because the narrative they have bought into is being easily made fun of.
Wash rinse repeat.
As we've established many times, you're intentionally dishonest. What you did in this thread is no different than what you normally do. You took a topic about one thing (a discussion about a race-baiting comment from a couple of commentators on ESPN) and turned it into a political stance about something else (how racist Fox News is). You did this without prompting, without goading, without baiting. You did this because you can't help yourself. Now you're on here like, "I didn't do nuffin."

Wash rinse repeat, indeed.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022

Wash rinse repeat.
To have to justify and explain this much only proves my point in that if you knew you were not really doing it then there would be no need for this lengthy defense. So it is your place to make fun of peoples opinions and thoughts? Also you are the judge on what is baseless and what is not? You do understand that thinking about and treating people in that way really proves you are just a prick? Instead of listening and trying to come common ground on issues you simply try to be condescending to people that I guess you see as below your intellectual capacity. It would be different if you were genuinely trying to understand the points of people that do not agree with you that is genuine constructive debate, but that is not the case.

Also, whether or not you started the thread does not matter either as you are going to throw something political into pretty much every thread you post into. If my memory serves many on here calling it throwing a grenade? But again I am probably wrong or at least you are going to give me a dissertation on why I am.

Reactions: Drebin
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login