1) Patrick Mahomes
2) Joe Burrow
3) Justin Herbert
4) Lamar Jackson
5) Josh Allen

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I am grading on the guy that most can control the teams outcome. So I love Herbert and had him on my Fantasy QB last 2 years but I think I replace him with CJ Stroud. The other 4 in order is Mahomes, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Allen, Jackson, Burrow.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think Mahomes, Allen, and Lamar are 1-2-3.

Burrow’s durability issues knock him down a peg to me. He’s missed around 15 games already in only four years. Two great years sandwiched between two years where we couldn’t stay on the field.

Herbert probably too high also. I know he’s stuck with a crap franchise but his numbers have dipped the last two years.

Rodgers can still go too if he’s healthy. People forget he won back to back MVP’s in 2020 and 2021.

Probably to early to say Stroud is a Top 5 QB but he’s knocking on the door.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I consider who is a "plus" QB not only in skills but intangible game day leadership traits. It's really Mahomes and Rodgers. After that it's a log jam with about 8 guys.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I think Mahomes, Allen, and Lamar are 1-2-3.

Burrow’s durability issues knock him down a peg to me. He’s missed around 15 games already in only four years. Two great years sandwiched between two years where we couldn’t stay on the field.

Herbert probably too high also. I know he’s stuck with a crap franchise but his numbers have dipped the last two years.

Rodgers can still go too if he’s healthy. People forget he won back to back MVP’s in 2020 and 2021.

Probably to early to say Stroud is a Top 5 QB but he’s knocking on the door.
I agree with all this. Burrow and Herbert probably don’t deserve Top 5 consideration at this time, but it’s not surprising at all that Peyton picked them, as they are big pocket passer QB’s for the most part, and both certainly have the physical tools needed to be great. And they could get there. But, they haven’t consistently been great or even good in Herbert’s case.

If you’re placing the most emphasis on both winning and the statistical impact of the QB, I think you have to put Purdy, Burrow, Dak, Tua, Herbert, and Hurts in the same bucket behind that Top 3 above. You could objectively argue any of them could be Top 5, depending on the criteria.

Next tier down is Stroud, Kyler, Deshaun Watson, Stafford, and probably Goff.

Next tier after that is Lawrence and Cousins.

With Rodgers, who knows….its been too long since we’ve seen him in extended competition to be able to say if he is still Top 5 caliber at his current age. But he might be. Wouldn’t be surprised if he fell in any of the tiers above, but he doesn’t have the long term outlook of those others.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Justin Herbert #3? Herbert is a decent QB but hasn't shown anything to warrant a ranking above Jackson or Allen or even Dak. At least Burrow has beaten Mahomes a couple of times.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Justin Herbert is the only one I don't understand being ranked so high. But a lot of people are high on him. Maybe one day he will do something to prove all those people right.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’m not sold on Herbert. Had all the talent in the world and all the tools… but something is not right with him. He never seems to come through when the game is one the line. He could prove me wrong and I’m not saying I’d bet against him I just don’t think he’s a top 5 QB right now.

Mahomes
Burrow
Allen
Jackson
Stafford

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
This week Peyton named his top 5 current NFL quarterbacks (in no order):

1) Patrick Mahomes
2) Joe Burrow
3) Justin Herbert
4) Lamar Jackson
5) Josh Allen

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

after Joe became healthy last year, in between injuries, weeks 9-15 or so, he was on another planet.

If he’s healthy, Joe is #2 behind Pat.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login