Philly embarrassment

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Both MS State players, Slay and Cox, announced themselves from their high school and not from MS State when the defense was presented on Sunday Night Football. Everyone else on the Philly defense announced their university. What gives? Are they ashamed of us? Are they mad at us? Dak announced himself from MS State.

benatmsu

May 28, 2007
Both MS State players, Slay and Cox, announced themselves from their high school and not from MS State when the defense was presented on Sunday Night Football. Everyone else on the Philly defense announced their university. What gives? Are they ashamed of us? Are they mad at us? Dak announced himself from MS State.
Wow. This is a totally new topic that has never been discussed before.
Hope we get to the bottom of it.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
They just do it to mess with you. Just ask either of them

Last edited:

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
we should remove both of them from the media guide

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
Every 17-ing MS State game, we put their pictures up saying that we have pride that these guys made the pros and are earning a GOOD living playing pro ball. We ring our bells for them, but they went to Yazoo City High. Hmmm.
As a Bulldog residing in Darius Slay's hometown - who knows what he battled thru to get where he is - I think you should 17 all the way off.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
How many times has Slay and Cox announced themselves from Mississippi State vs from something else? I don’t know just curious. The answer to this should somewhat clear things up one way or the other.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Well, the guy on offense from Mississippi State just showed the HS kids in green how it's done in the first half.

Reactions: Dawgg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Every 17-ing MS State game, we put their pictures up saying that we have pride that these guys made the pros and are earning a GOOD living playing pro ball. We ring our bells for them, but they went to Yazoo City High. Hmmm.
Stfu

please

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
Philly sux green donkey Richard

Reactions: Eleven Bravo

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’d hate for Slay and Cox to be proud and donate some of their millions to our NIL rather than fleecing all the middle class fans. Just a thought.

Definitely another reason to hate the punkass Eagles.

Reactions: Eleven Bravo

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
For 17's sake! We just watched a game with 3 of the NFL's premier position players go head to head and we(some) worry about their damn high school! Also those 3 played for our university and are all 3 winners. Just waiting on Dak to get his ring. It's coming and I hate to root against other excellent dogs but Dak is deserving also works hard for the money.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
He/she doesn't check out.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I’d hate for Slay and Cox to be proud and donate some of their millions to our NIL rather than fleecing all the middle class fans. Just a thought.

"fleecing all the middle class fans"? How so, by saying the name of their high school? "Just a thought"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231211_055811_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20231211_055811_Opera.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Dawgg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

So if you found out cox donated $100,000 to Mississippi state but still said his high school would you change your opinion?

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
As a Bulldog residing in Darius Slay's hometown - who knows what he battled thru to get where he is - I think you should 17 all the way off.
I played with Slay at ICC. He was one of the greatest athletes I have ever seen. He also busted his butt daily to make it. There is a lot of talent in JUCO, but not many can figure it out. I remember a coach telling me that Slay will be one of the best CBs in the NFL one day. Our goal is to do everything in our power to help him get there.

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
I played with Slay at ICC. He was one of the greatest athletes I have ever seen. He also busted his butt daily to make it. There is a lot of talent in JUCO, but not many can figure it out. I remember a coach telling me that Slay will be one of the best CBs in the NFL one day. Our goal is to do everything in our power to help him get there.
The man is genuine, and legit one of the most giving individuals you can imagine. My community is lucky to have Darius Slay, Adam Wainwright, and Davis Love III as 3 tremendously successful athletes who have given Millions to local organizations.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Someone might know, but wasn't Fletcher Cox's High School football coach one of the biggest positive influences of his life, and the coach died an untimely death?

If so, don't blame Mr. Cox at all.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We are tracking this weekly, we are on top of this developing situation. It is at the very top of the priority list in the 6 pack war room.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login