Philly embarrassment

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
What it ultimately means to me is that most NFL players don't care what school they give that TV 2 seconds to, but these guys want to give a shout out to their hometown. What's so wrong with that? I've never heard them say they didn't like their time at MSU either and until Mullen came along, we never recognized our Pro players. I think we got a lot more mileage out of Dak being at the College Baseball World Series that said MSU on Sunday night football. We will ***** about anything.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
So how do you know he doesn’t donate money to msu?

maybe he doesn’t and isn’t advertising it?
Can never be sure, but I’m left to assume he doesn’t, since at every opportunity he has to throw us a bone FOR FREE, he chooses not to.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
hey slay and cox…..GO 17 YOURSELF!!! Is that clear? GO!!!! 17!!!!! YOURSELF!!!!

we shouldn’t be blackmailed into the hope you may donate $100 to us eventually

if we had an AD with any balls he would take a stand - either you are proud of your university or not. let their high schools flash their pics before a game if not

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

if we had an AD with any balls he would take a stand - either you are proud of your university or not. let their high schools flash their pics before a game if not
That's it. Removing them from all State to Sunday's promos. That will teach them.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Can never be sure, but I’m left to assume he doesn’t, since at every opportunity he has to throw us a bone FOR FREE, he chooses not to.
He’s never said one bad thing about msu and I’m positive he’s said good things.

And those videos are pre-recorded. It’s not like he’s saying his high school 16 times

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Stfu you idiot.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Fletcher was asked a few years ago why he says Yazoo City High School in his SNF introductions. This was his response.

"So many reasons why. So many reasons. The number one reason is that it's just a tribute to my high school coach (Kyle Wallace) that died. He means so much to me. And number two, again, it goes back to me being a role model and wanting to say Yazoo City High School so maybe one middle-school-aged student is seeing that and when they hear 'Fletcher Cox, Yazoo City High School,' it's like, 'Wow, he really went to Yazoo City High School.' That's just one of the biggest things. I love my alma mater, I love Mississippi State University, but at the same time I want the kids in Yazoo City to see that one of their peers, someone from Yazoo City, is playing in the NFL."

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Every 17-ing MS State game, we put their pictures up saying that we have pride that these guys made the pros and are earning a GOOD living playing pro ball. We ring our bells for them, but they went to Yazoo City High. Hmmm.
You care a lot more about that rah-rah, ringing bells BS than they do. Or most people do.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Fletcher was asked a few years ago why he says Yazoo City High School in his SNF introductions. This was his response.

"So many reasons why. So many reasons. The number one reason is that it's just a tribute to my high school coach (Kyle Wallace) that died. He means so much to me. And number two, again, it goes back to me being a role model and wanting to say Yazoo City High School so maybe one middle-school-aged student is seeing that and when they hear 'Fletcher Cox, Yazoo City High School,' it's like, 'Wow, he really went to Yazoo City High School.' That's just one of the biggest things. I love my alma mater, I love Mississippi State University, but at the same time I want the kids in Yazoo City to see that one of their peers, someone from Yazoo City, is playing in the NFL."
Correct

I love msu and want fletcher to rep us but deep down what he is doing/saying is more important than what I want or msu football/sports.

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012

While I don't have a direct quote - I've heard Slay say that he reps Brunswick High to show kids in Brunswick the possibilities - so real similar to Cox.
Parts of Brunswick are just as poor as Yazoo City. When Slay made the league, he was the first BHS player to make it and stick as a starter for more than a year or two. There are now 4 BHS kids in the NFL, and I think they all rep BHS

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012

For any that don't know, Kyle Wallace played at State and was a big influence on Fletcher choosing us.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
While I don't have a direct quote - I've heard Slay say that he reps Brunswick High to show kids in Brunswick the possibilities - so real similar to Cox.
Parts of Brunswick are just as poor as Yazoo City. When Slay made the league, he was the first BHS player to make it and stick as a starter for more than a year or two. There are now 4 BHS kids in the NFL, and I think the

y all rep BHS
Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login