Picture of Davis Wade stadium

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I would like to provide one of my Facebook friends with a picture of Davis Wade at an angle that shows the north end enclosure. Anybody got a link?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
A Google search for "Davis Wade Stadium North Endzone" returned dozens of pics, angles and renderings. Amazing feature that interweb search engine thingy

Dogsincebirth

Sep 29, 2020
I would like to provide one of my Facebook friends with a picture of Davis Wade at an angle that shows the north end enclosure. Anybody got a link?[/QUOTE

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I know it looked like this in 1964. My first game at MSU was a loss to Memphis. We were ranked 13th at the time. I hate Memphis. Hail State.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
My sense is this is the 60's judging by the style of the cars, but one E-bay site says 1948 (I'm dubious)

At first glance, it does seem like a lot is missing in this photo is so much that is present today. The first thing that caught my eye was the South Farm. The Vet school didn't break ground until the mid to late 70's,

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
My sense is this is the 60's judging by the style of the cars, but one E-bay site says 1948 (I'm dubious)

At first glance, it does seem like a lot is missing in this photo is so much that is present today. The first thing that caught my eye was the South Farm. The Vet school didn't break ground until the mid to late 70's,

The cars do look more modern than the '40s, but if that's looking south you should be able to see the boomerang dorms, and they're not there. Not sure when they were built, but they were already had a lot of wear in the middle '60s. My guess is the middle '50s.

Reunion Dog

Aug 26, 2012
The baseball field along with the football practice fields.. the swimming pool and the New gym as well as the old tin gym. Notice the track around Scott Field. Was a dirt and small pebble surface.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
The cars do look more modern than the '40s, but if that's looking south you should be able to see the boomerang dorms, and they're not there. Not sure when they were built, but they were already had a lot of wear in the middle '60s. My guess is the middle '50s.

They were thoroughly busted by the late 90's, I can assure you that.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

The "boomerang dorms" . . . there were 4 of them, one of them was Critz Hall, right?

I was at Mississippi State 1985-90, and I lived in Sessums Hall my Freshman year. As I recall, the boomerang dorms were up the hill on the right as you walk out the back of Sessums.

I just looked at Google Maps, and it appears to me that the old Critz Hall is still there, almost due east of the football stadium. The other three boomerang dorms were demolished to make way for new parking lots, dorms, streets, etc.

Anywho, I don't think we'd see the boomerang dorms from this perspective (i.e., north of the football stadium, looking almost due south).

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
When was Memorial Hall constructed?

Has to be prior to 64, no Dorman Hall, and my pop was there '63 to '65. He has told us before that it was pretty barren out that way.

That might set the baseline, but can't find it with a quick google. Looks like a late 50s/early 60s building. I'm thinking this pic is 1963ish - maybe when the baseball field was wrapping up its end and making way for Dorman. Believe the old baseball field was last used in 1964. Hard to tell what's happening behind the trees or if the old press box structure is there. Cool pic.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
One of my favorite projects in college at state was looking at aerial photographs through the years at state and comparing changes to campus and where things were

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
The boomerang dorms are/were to the northeast of the stadium. They probably wouldn't be visible looking either way.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Most the photos and maps I got were in the library In the archives. I scanned a lot of them to make copies. I have them on hard drive somewhere I think. I think they have probably scanned a lot of those also since all these groups have started scanning all their old documents and things

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login