Pitching decisions are baffling after Sims.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Stinnett got rocked yesterday. Although it didn't matter.

WhyTullar today?

and KC gives up the dinger and 4-pitch walk.

Where are our unicorns that get guys out?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Who would you have preferred we pitched? Just because something doesn’t work out doesn’t make the decision “baffling”.

Sep 9, 2012
Who would you have preferred we pitched? Just because something doesn’t work out doesn’t make the decision “baffling”.

I would have preferred we bring in our most consistent, proven relief pitcher when we are down 1 instead of down 5… Yes, we’ll be kind and call the pitching decisions baffling.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018

Preston got in too late.

Now we waste him in a 5-run deficit game. LBSU will sweep.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I just don't have the energy to criticize bullpen decisions in Game 2 of 60ish.

engie

May 29, 2011
The plan obviously is to get thumped 3 times and catch one on the jaw from clubber lang here, so we can actually get focused on the season ahead. Half a sarcasterisk.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Maybe pick a weaker team to start the season after four top guys leave (maybe 5, Harding balled in Omaha). Only game two but dirt bags look a lot better. But, it's a long season. We looked worse in the SEC tourney last year and we know how much that mattered.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Maybe pick a weaker team to start the season after four top guys leave (maybe 5, Harding balled in Omaha). Only game two but dirt bags look a lot better. But, it's a long season. We looked worse in the SEC tourney last year and we know how much that mattered.

The series was probably scheduled on this date several years ago, given that we made the initial trip out there in 2020.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
I figured as much but still. Maybe schedule some weak team to play three years from now to open the season. Or get some decent cold weather team to come to Starkville.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
But, it's a long season. We looked worse in the SEC tourney last year and we know how much that mattered.

That’s why I can never get too high or low based on what happens in February or March. Nothing in baseball matters much to me until at least start of spring or even April. I’ll watch it and enjoy the games - but the wins & losses are not near as meaningful to me as it is once we get into second half of the season.

engie

May 29, 2011
Why? Rip the bandaid off. This is the first time in months these guys have faced adversity. Better now than later.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Screw that. You don't learn anything about your players playing those cupcake 3-team double round robins we used to play. Better to test our team early and find out our strengths and weaknesses before we start conference play.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
I think that's valid. I'm wondering if we're learning that hitting isn't all that good and that pitchers not named Sims and Johnson are works in progress.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I think that's valid. I'm wondering if we're learning that hitting isn't all that good and that pitchers not named Sims and Johnson are works in progress.

Nobody to blame for that but the person in the mirror. If talent evaluation is so weak that you miss on almost everyone, it might be time to re-think how you evaluate talent. I think all the players except Hancock are Lemonis recruits. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
We know Preston Johnson can get guys out in a close game. But we need to figure out now who else can before we get to the SEC schedule. So that’s why you are seeing Stinnett and Tullar in some key spots.

The reason you saw Preston in a spot we we were down so much is because he was already warmed up. Might as well use him. We are not going to overwork our pitching staff in February and March. That’s Bianco’s thing. I prefer the results our coaching is getting us in May and June.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login