Play by play radio men

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
I don’t think I’ll get any argument that John Ward and Jack Cristil are the gold standard.

One guy that I think is underrated is Todd Ellis at S Carolina.

For those of you too young to remember, Todd was a helluva quarterback under Joe Morrison in Columbia during their best ever stretch until Holtz and Spurrier.

Yes, of course he’s a homer. But he’s a homer with legit knowledge of the game and he’s not just doing play by play, he’s pretty much doing color too.

Anyway, one man’s opinion………..for when they kick our *** on the road next year

woowzee wowee woo woo

I say this with a Clemson grad in the family

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
May be Grermans but if you haven't watched it, the 90-minute "More Than a Voice" on the SEC Network is the one of the best things I've seen in the last year.

Loved Jack's daughters in the segment. Got a bit woolly remembering 6-3 (because I was one of the 9 people in MSU fandom unable to attend that day)

Link to ad:

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
I don’t think I’ll get any argument that John Ward and Jack Cristil are the gold standard.

One guy that I think is underrated is Todd Ellis at S Carolina.

For those of you too young to remember, Todd was a helluva quarterback under Joe Morrison in Columbia during their best ever stretch until Holtz and Spurrier.

Yes, of course he’s a homer. But he’s a homer with legit knowledge of the game and he’s not just doing play by play, he’s pretty much doing color too.

Anyway, one man’s opinion………..for when they kick our *** on the road next year

woowzee wowee woo woo

I say this with a Clemson grad in the family
Ever heard of Larry Munson? "Hob nail boot", "oh you Herschel Walker".......He can't be left out of the conversation...all outstanding voices and orators from arguably the greatest generation of announcers.....

Reactions: Bobby Ricigliano

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Might want to clarify we're talking about SEC football guys. There were arguably (almost certainly) better ones at other levels.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I was traveling in a car during this years USCe and Clemson game listening to the game on Sirus XM. Both the USCe and Clemson radio feeds were next to each other. Even though I was rooting for USCe I ended up listening to the Clemson radio feed. USCe radio Guy’s sounded like Yelling Kellum to me. He would scream about a play like a 12 year old girl and the listener would assume it was this spectacular play and when they finally told the down and distance it would be a two yard run.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login