Players no longer with the team

Dec 28, 2019
Why can we not get an explanation on these matters ? Bad attitudes ? Broke team rules ? They left or we booted them ? I know there are rumors about Taylor but what about the others. I wanna know

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Why can we not get an explanation on these matters ? Bad attitudes ? Broke team rules ? They left or we booted them ? I know there are rumors about Taylor but what about the others. I wanna know
Rumors are encouraged so what’s the scoop for those of us not-in-the-know?

Dec 28, 2019
Rumor was Taylor wanted more NIL and was told no. Then he claimed he was injured and refused to practice. They showed him the door. True ?? Idk. But Pittman ? Bell ? Who is next ? There will be more. It's Showtime all right. Sh*t show time

Reactions: Seinfeld

patdog

May 28, 2007
Rumors are encouraged so what’s the scoop for those of us not-in-the-know?
Someone posted something about a month about locker room problems with this team. He didn’t elaborate. But I think it’s pretty clear he knew what he was talking about. Probably more than has already been weeded out.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Someone posted something about a month about locker room problems with this team. He didn’t elaborate. But I think it’s pretty clear he knew what he was talking about. Probably more than has already been weeded out.
I remember that post.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
So they are gone, and took their NIL $ with then or does that come at the end of the season?

Dec 28, 2019
I'm okay with weeding out the problems. I support that. Bad apples need to hit the road. But I'm afraid it might be guys saying 17 this dumpster fire. Hopefully not. We definitely need to weed out all the non hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in our beloved program

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
What do you expect when you bring in 53 barely vetted players from different systems into one program? I imagine it is a lot like dropping 20,000 illegals in a town of 50,000.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
FERPA rules protect student info and are stout - equivalent to the HIPPA rules protecting your health info. If they've failed out or have some other form of academic or school related violation and are over 18 nobody can say a word without the student's permission. Unless they show up on a police blotter somewhere there isn't anything the coach or admin can say other than confirm if they are currently a student or not.

Dec 28, 2019
I am sure that doesn't pertain to disciplinary actions for team rules. I have seen coaches explain these things before I'm pretty sure. Maybe not tho

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I remember back when every televised game had a student athlete of the game and the sponsor made a donation to the school’s general scholarship fund. They’d also go through the starting lineups and list a player’s major. St this point it just needs to be treated like an employer/employee relationship and stop pretending like players are “college kids”.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Rumor was Taylor wanted more NIL and was told no. Then he claimed he was injured and refused to practice. They showed him the door. True ?? Idk. But Pittman ? Bell ? Who is next ? There will be more. It's Showtime all right. Sh*t show time
Why in the holy hell are we paying Eric Taylor NIL to begin with? I wonder how many of those Toledo players were getting NIL.

We are straight up lighting money on fire.

Reactions: wdawg44 and 85Bears

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Taylor was sorry lazy and got the boot, Pittman did the one thing a player can't do under this staff, Bell was a problem too and I think this week Goat could get good news
There's about to be a youth movement

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Taylor was sorry lazy and got the boot, Pittman did the one thing a player can't do under this staff, Bell was a problem too and I think this week Goat could get good news
There's about to be a youth movement
Awfully convenient to be doing this now, since rubber has met the road, and they have no choice.

It would have taken balls to do it back when it should have been done.

Dec 28, 2019
I'm all for it. We can lose with freshmen and RS freshmen just as well as seniors. I know a lot of folks would say it's wrong but I would sit them and let the young guys get experience. Not like it's gonna cost us any games this year.

Reactions: 77Dog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Why in the holy hell are we paying Eric Taylor NIL to begin with? I wonder how many of those Toledo players were getting NIL.

We are straight up lighting money on fire.
There’s a real talent evaluation problem, have you seen the busts on the Offensive Line ?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'm all for it. We can lose with freshmen and RS freshmen just as well as seniors. I know a lot of folks would say it's wrong but I would sit them and let the young guys get experience. Not like it's gonna cost us any games this year.
We don't have any freshmen and redshirt freshmen because Lebby ran them off for his guys

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
There’s a real talent evaluation problem, have you seen the busts on the Offensive Line ?
agree... how anyone can have any hope for Lebby after Saturday is beyond me. Im not gojng to say he wont improve... but he's not going to be a high level head coach.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I’m assuming Cody Kennedy brought in the O lineman out of the portal. Its too early to judge Lebby but he needs better staff around him.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
The portal wasn't strong this last round, you had to take what you could get. Leach is who failed to evaluate talent and 100% the reason for even having to hit the portal. He left a mess here along with Arnett.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
So why is it not too early to judge the assistant coaches and players and not judge the head coach who hired and recruited them all?
Because the mess here was so large it's going to take years to fix. I'm not a fan of a couple hires but you'll see change if Lebby isn't happy. But who is going to want to come is a legit question. We couldn't find anyone last year for DC.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants