Players so excited, they picked up SELMON and carried him

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Looked like Tulu was there if I'm not mistaken. I hope he decides to come back. Zavion will be an absolute monster in this offense. Creed should have fun as well.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
After dealing with the offensive circus that was Barbary, they would pick him up and carry him off if we hired Mike Locksley!!!***

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19
Nov 20, 2023
After dealing with the offensive circus that was Barbary, they would pick him up and carry him off if we hired Mike Locksley!!!***
True Barbary was supposed to be an Offensive Genius pretty much. See how that worked out but ultimately it was on ZA also wanting strict control of the Offense. Correct me if I’m wrong plz but wasn’t Barbary not doing much play calling his first and only year? Had a lot going on so I could’ve misread and misheard but I thought ZA stubbornness was one of his several downfalls

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Did that fancy elite club he’s in, that also got him a billboard in Los Vegas, orchestrate this to make him look like something? Kinda weird and odd to me.
It was the players who did it.
And you seem to have some sort of issue with Selmon which is kind of strange

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
So the OP saw this as a negative. I had no context, which you provide, but I still find the original post hard to understand.
I’ve always been asking what exactly has Selmon done to earn or be an elite member of an elite club that I’ve never heard of, that even gives him a personalized billboard in Los Vegas? Serious question. Separately, the players lifting him up and carrying him around like some savior for only hiring his buddy coordinator, who’s never been a head coach, from the school he just left, just seems odd and choreographed. Granted I used to watch wrestling, so I’m in tune with that kind of preplanned stuff, but at best it’s odd and I’ve never seen that, ever.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This board desperately needs a purge
Jack Nicholson Lol GIF

THIS TOWN NEEDS AN ENEMA!!!

Reactions: Chesusdog

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I’ve always been asking what exactly has Selmon done to earn or be an elite member of an elite club that I’ve never heard of, that even gives him a personalized billboard in Los Vegas? Serious question. Separately, the players lifting him up and carrying him around like some savior for only hiring his buddy coordinator, who’s never been a head coach, from the school he just left, just seems odd and choreographed. Granted I used to watch wrestling, so I’m in tune with that kind of preplanned stuff, but at best it’s odd and I’ve never seen that, ever.
You just don’t like Selmon apparently. Who else would complain about their AD being a top 40 under 40, especially while admitting they have no idea what it’s even about?!? “I hate that people like our AD, first our players and now this national outfit!” -bulldoghair basically

Would you prefer that our AD languish in obscurity while being hated by our players? Weird take.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
You just don’t like Selmon apparently. Who else would complain about their AD being a top 40 under 40, especially while admitting they have no idea what it’s even about?!? “I hate that people like our AD, first our players and now this national outfit!” -bulldoghair basically

Would you prefer that our AD languish in obscurity while being hated by our players? Weird take.
You either refuse to answer my question or you just can’t. It’s ok to just say you can’t, there’s nothing wrong with that.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
don’t like Selmon apparently. Who else would complain about their AD being a top 40 under 40, especially while admitting they have no idea what it’s even about?!? “I hate that people like our AD, first our players and now this national outfit!” -bulldoghair basically

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
You either refuse to answer my question or you just can’t. It’s ok to just say you can’t, there’s nothing wrong with that.
I would guess, puuureeelyyy speculative, that leading an SEC program at his age is an accomplishment that got recognized because he’s you know, under 40 and in that position. I know most SPS’rs , and certainly you, had accomplished much, much more by his age, but we are a rare breed. Let’s not hold him to our lofty standards. Fair?

Reactions: MSUDOG24

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Wait, the real answer might be right here in front of me. You deemed it an “elite club” but you’ve never heard of it. Maybe you don’t run in elite circles, but then how would you know it’s elite? This is rather confusing…

• Haha
Reactions: bulldoghair

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I would guess, puuureeelyyy speculative, that leading an SEC program at his age is an accomplishment that got recognized because he’s you know, under 40 and in that position. I know most SPS’rs , and certainly you, had accomplished much, much more by his age, but we are a rare breed. Let’s not hold him to our lofty standards. Fair?
But he was listed in that club either before we hired him or it was no more than one or two months after hiring him. And he was listed in an exclusive club of only 40 other people in the whole country, and got a personalized billboard in Los Vegas? Forgive me for not understanding. But it sounds like no one knows exactly what he’s done to achieve all that.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
But he was listed in that club either before we hired him or it was no more than one or two months after hiring him. And he was listed in an exclusive club of only 40 other people in the whole country, and got a personalized billboard in Los Vegas? Forgive me for not understanding. But it sounds like no one knows exactly begat he’s done to achieve all that.
He was assistant AD at OU. That’s no small accomplishment either. Let’s celebrate positive recognition of MSU leaders. #hailstate

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I really don’t understand why this upsets you so much. Is it some Illuminati thing? Selmon part of the secret society? What’s your problem with it?

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
It’s not a club. It’s the Sports Business Journal 40 under 40 listing. Chambers of commerce do this same sort of thing in every town in this country. Why is this so hard to understand?

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
He was assistant AD at OU. That’s no small accomplishment either. Let’s celebrate positive recognition of MSU leaders. #hailstate
His last name is Selmon, it’s pretty much royalty at Oklahoma. His father and two uncles starred as d lineman there. I’m sure that didn’t hurt in helping him land that job. With that said, I’m all for it, but I’m just saying I haven’t read or seen any actual real substance, just hype. Ok sure this Lebby hire might work out great, but you have to admit it was not an astonishing accomplishment and was easy to hire your buddy from the same school you just left. This could be a make or break hire for Selmon, for it’s his own actual baby if you will. This is his first real thing he’s actually done. If it does work out somewhat, don’t be surprised if he bolts quickly and heads back to Oklahoma or somewhere bigger, and then takes Jett Sweep Lebby with him. That might be our best case scenario truthfully.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
But he was listed in that club either before we hired him or it was no more than one or two months after hiring him. And he was listed in an exclusive club of only 40 other people in the whole country, and got a personalized billboard in Los Vegas? Forgive me for not understanding. But it sounds like no one knows exactly what he’s done to achieve all that.
In my neck of the woods, we call it “Las”. Though my neck is full of elite clubs. Like Skull and Bones, Scroll and Key, and Costco and Sam’s

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login