Please check out my new novel, The Unlikely Candidate

Aug 23, 2012
I purchased it and thought the $20 price for paperback is pricey. Hopefully it doesn't keep anyone from buying it. After both me and my wife compared notes, we felt your writing is wordy and your superfluous use of many redundant adjectives and descriptions made your 275 to 300 page novel a 384 page novel. With this said, I have read with interest and enjoyment. I would recommend it.

This is not meant to be derogatory as I understand it takes a great amount of courage to undertake such a "little venture" as you have in writing this novel.

Best of luck and wishes of success.

Greetings, Sixpackers. I know that selling/self-promotion on the board is frowned upon, but Dawgstudent was kind enough to grant me permission to let you know about my new novel, The Unlikely Candidate.

It's available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle versions here.
View attachment 17265
The book follows a fictional former governor of Mississippi who's bored with retirement and decides to run for president on a whim. I use the presidential campaign as a framework for advancing conservative policy arguments. One of my main goals for the novel is to get beyond soundbites and explain the why behind conservative political positions. Yes, Republicans want lower taxes, but why? Yes, Republicans want to do more to limit illegal immigration, but why? I tried to provide the reader with a page-turning plot that educates as it entertains. Based on the Amazon reviews and other feedback I've received, that goal has been achieved.

A second goal was to provide a defense of Christianity by showing that reasonable, rational people who believe in science can also embrace Christianity without contradiction. My unlikely candidate is a believer who gets mocked for his faith. He provides a calm, rationale dose of Christian apologetics in response.

Finally, the book contains a healthy dose of criticism of the modern media because, well, they deserve it.

I hope you'll get a copy and let me know what you think either here or in the Amazon reviews (unless you hate it, in which case I invite you to skip the feedback step).

Hail State!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Anybody that points and laughs at the media is someone I can directly relate to. Buying a copy now.

I don't want to hijack the thread but I seriously wonder1 what's going to happen if the media continues to act in this way. What's it gonna take to even the playing field again or make them go back to telling us the news instead of their opinions been trying to sway ours.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
What's it gonna take to even the playing field again or make them go back to telling us the news instead of their opinions been trying to sway ours.

This will only happen if people stop watching what they are putting out there now. The public has to decide that they are tired of being lied to and they have to just turn the news off and stop visiting their websites. I did this a few years back.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
People are already starting to not watch.

I never was a glued to the “news” guy, but I mostly watched fox.

I don’t really watch news at all now. I get updated via social media. Then I type into the duck duck go
machine and try to find multiple sources of articles.

Then I try to base an opinion on the information at hand.

HeCannotGo

Feb 23, 2011
After both me and my wife compared notes, we felt your writing is wordy and your superfluous use of many redundant adjectives and descriptions made your 275 to 300 page novel a 384 page novel. With this said, I have read with interest and enjoyment. I would recommend it.

I'm thankful, grateful, and appreciative.***

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
People are already starting to not watch.

I never was a glued to the “news” guy, but I mostly watched fox.

I don’t really watch news at all now. I get updated via social media. Then I type into the duck duck go
machine and try to find multiple sources of articles.

Then I try to base an opinion on the information at hand.

Glad I'm not the only guy in this boat. I can't watch any of them. It's like they all went to the school of shock TV journalism with a minor in either Marxism or McCarthyism.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don't want to hijack the thread but I seriously wonder1 what's going to happen if the media continues to act in this way. What's it gonna take to even the playing field again or make them go back to telling us the news instead of their opinions been trying to sway ours.

You see what is happening to fox news ratings since Nov 4th? Day time down 30%. OANN and News Max is killing it. They are right leaning but they just give you the news and all the news. Many of MSNBC shows are being prompt up by George Soros and other rich liberals. When they are dead and gone these show will be dead and gone. It's going to take both Liberals and Conservatives to just stop watching television news. We all want the real news so we will know what is going on. I have not been to Fox News since election night. Fox day time was pure news and the evening was conservative talk. The day time has gone away from pure news. You are getting their spin on things. I don't like it. I moved on. Rupert Murdoch just fired his own son from his news paper. Don't think he will not clean house if Fox doesn't get it fixed.

MadDawg.sixpack

May 22, 2006
I have family asking all the time what to get me for Christmas. This should take care of one them. Thanks.

Greetings, Sixpackers. I know that selling/self-promotion on the board is frowned upon, but Dawgstudent was kind enough to grant me permission to let you know about my new novel, The Unlikely Candidate.

It's available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle versions here.
View attachment 17265
The book follows a fictional former governor of Mississippi who's bored with retirement and decides to run for president on a whim. I use the presidential campaign as a framework for advancing conservative policy arguments. One of my main goals for the novel is to get beyond soundbites and explain the why behind conservative political positions. Yes, Republicans want lower taxes, but why? Yes, Republicans want to do more to limit illegal immigration, but why? I tried to provide the reader with a page-turning plot that educates as it entertains. Based on the Amazon reviews and other feedback I've received, that goal has been achieved.

A second goal was to provide a defense of Christianity by showing that reasonable, rational people who believe in science can also embrace Christianity without contradiction. My unlikely candidate is a believer who gets mocked for his faith. He provides a calm, rationale dose of Christian apologetics in response.

Finally, the book contains a healthy dose of criticism of the modern media because, well, they deserve it.

I hope you'll get a copy and let me know what you think either here or in the Amazon reviews (unless you hate it, in which case I invite you to skip the feedback step).

Hail State!

SorryDog

Nov 29, 2010
Just finished reading it and enjoyed it. I read a lot (over 100 books this year) and think your writing is excellent. I especially appreciate
your efforts at explaining conservatism, Christianity and the media bias. Maybe some will be enlightened.
Thanks for your hard work!!! It's very satisfying to see Jesus treated with love and respect.

was21

May 29, 2007
Only truthful objective non biased news for me is the PBS Newshour at 6:00 PM Monday through Friday...only news I watch and it's plenty

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login