POLL: Football Uniforms

Which uniform do you want to be the full-time football uniform?

• Total voters

DawgSZN12

Feb 3, 2022
You Should Vote Chris Farley GIF

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
One win better than 01-03.
What was that 2023 score v Kentucky ?
Well I sure hope we had more wins over 5 years compared to 3 lol. So you’re just going to completely ignore when we had the interlocking from 1996-2000?

Whether we won 3 games or 9 games. Idgaf, interlocking is the best look we have. Because the last couple of years were bad under Sherrill you don’t like it? Not sure I follow your line of thinking

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well I sure hope we had more wins over 5 years compared to 3 lol. So you’re just going to completely ignore when we had the interlocking from 1996-2000?

Whether we won 3 games or 9 games. Idgaf, interlocking is the best look we have. Because the last couple of years were bad under Sherrill you don’t like it? Not sure I follow your line of thinking
Sadly, we’ve had a lot of really bad seasons with literally every helmet logo we’ve ever used.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Sadly, we’ve had a lot of really bad seasons with literally every helmet logo we’ve ever used.
Exactly. That’s why I don’t get Maroon13’s post about the last years of Sherrill being a reason against wearing interlocking.

Reactions: patdog

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
What was the football team’s logo the last time we won the SEC?

Oh. We didn’t have one.

So…

Magic No GIF by Morphin

HailStorm15

Sep 26, 2023
Maroon13 had to have been on the graphic team that developed the ugly maroon butterfly. He's one of the only people I've seen across multiple message boards that fights for the thing. Sorry buddy, it's dead and isn't coming back

patdog

May 28, 2007
Maroon13 had to have been on the graphic team that developed the ugly maroon butterfly. He's one of the only people I've seen across multiple message boards that fights for the thing. Sorry buddy, it's dead and isn't coming back
Personally, I like the banner M-State a little better than the MSU. But, as the results of this poll make clear, the vast majority of our fans want the MSU and don’t like the script &tate. A smart AD would change back to the MSU immediately. But of course we won’t.

Reactions: HailStorm15

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You need to add a "Neither" button. I don't mind the script but hate anything associated with Adidas so no "Adidas template" allowed. No interlocking because it looks exactly like what it is, a 25+ year old worn out logo

Reactions: RiceDawg

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
The State script is very generic and sucks......Selmon may become the best athletic director that ever lived. but sticking by the State script will always tarnish his legacy.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
I liked the interlocking and thought it was unique. However, I was at the Memphis vs State baseball game this past season and saw a lot of Memphis fans wearing shirts with this logo on it. Also seen several decals around DeSoto county with this logo.IMG_6429.png

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
interlocking MSU on the Helmets, STATE along the Chest.

Either is 10x better than the MState banner on our football uniforms.
Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree with you regards the MState banner. I think it created a distinctive identity and always liked it. That's not to say that I dislike the interlocking MSU logo, nor do I dislike the "State" across the top of the shirts. I will say that the script "State" on the helmets does absolutely nothing for me. It is totally bland and will not distinguish us from any number of "_____ State" schools across the country. Can we not EVER settle on a permanent identity and stick to it?????

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree with you regards the MState banner. I think it created a distinctive identity and always liked it. That's not to say that I dislike the interlocking MSU logo, nor do I dislike the "State" across the top of the shirts. I will say that the script "State" on the helmets does absolutely nothing for me. It is totally bland and will not distinguish us from any number of "_____ State" schools across the country. Can we not EVER settle on a permanent identity and stick to it?????
The MSate Banner looks great of letter head and "ok" on basketball.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I honestly don’t care what we put on the helmet. We can change it every game for all I care. Uniforms are fickle, especially for a program with as little tradition as ours. Obviously baseball has more of that, so we should lean into it.

I just want the banner M (the modern block official school logo) on the 50 yard line, outside the stadium and on the basketball court. I don’t know if there is a logo on the outside of the Hump and Dude, but if it is, that should be banner M too.

&tate should be on nothing but merch and the occasional uniform. It serves its purpose, but it should not be our official athletics logo. It’s a good thing to have your official university logo match the overall athletic logo.

This seems really straight forward to me and I’ve been crowing about it for years. It’s like our fans don’t want to understand branding. This stuff matters.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I vote for the uniform that gets us the most wins in the future and one we’ll stick with for more than….say….2 years ******

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Exactly. That’s why I don’t get Maroon13’s post about the last years of Sherrill being a reason against wearing interlocking.
Why do you use only 5 years of the Croom era and ignore the Mullen era?

Which if I want to be technical, the current "Banner M" isn't the 04-08 Banner M. But I've told you that and you "don't get it. "

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Wrong. The Banner M is all over the campus at this very moment. On the university website and some sports uniforms.

&tate is a novelty and will be gone shortly after &elmom.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I agree. But the majority wants MSU. No reasons not to give it to them. Permanently.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login