Poll: SEC Schedule Addition........

Poll: Would you be in favor of the SEC adding a 13th game?

• Yes

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 65.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
.....The NFL added a 17th game. With the possibility of the SEC going to 9 league games in 2025, I was thinking about what if we added a 13th game to get us back to 4 OOC games. And would likely have to start the season a week earlier into August. Wondering what others thought since everyone loves football and an extra game would also be added revenue.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Not opposed to a 13th game, but the season already starts too early IMO. Extending into early December gets into final exams time, but it seems like that ought to be able to be worked around somehow.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Not opposed to a 13th game, but the season already starts too early IMO. Extending into early December gets into final exams time, but it seems like that ought to be able to be worked around somehow.
And the newly expanded playoffs are going to require a couple extra games for some teams. Some pros and some cons I'm sure.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
I voted yes, but with the 12 team playoff, I'm not sure. That's a lot of games and probably means injuries would decide the title every year...

It would help MSU but hurt the sport i think.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
An SEC game in mid-August?

I love college football, but no thanks unless we’re playing a road game at the University of Anchorage.

Reactions: patdog

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Pretty sure the majority of teams are playing in a bowl game anyway.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
No. August football would be dangerous to both the fans and players. And I want the season to end at Thanksgiving weekend like it should.

Reactions: patdog

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
An SEC game in mid-August?

I love college football, but no thanks unless we’re playing a road game at the University of Anchorage.
If it were to happen this year, the first game would be August 26. What I would really like to see is a legit game that counts played at the end of Spring Practice. Now that would get a real crowd into DWS. Maybe play a SWAC team or some mid major like a Sunbelt or MWC team.

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If it were to happen this year, the first game would be August 26.
Right, and that's still too damned hot for a game before 7 pm.

In 2024, that’s August 24.
In 2025, that’s August 23.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Pretty sure the majority of teams are playing in a bowl game anyway.
Bowl games are typically after finals. Right now the regular season ends Thanksgiving weekend, then conference championships the weekend after, and then it's finals time. I'm not looking at a bowl schedule but I don't remember anyone having a bowl game within 2 weeks of the conference championship weekend.

I'm not rooting for a 13th game, I think it's fine how it is, but I'm not opposed to more football. I am however 100% opposed to more August football, especially in the south.

Reactions: Dawgg

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
The expanded playoff should have time to happen during the bulk of December - right now it's a month between the conf. championship games and the semi-final games, and then it's a week between semi's and the title game. Just back-fill those empty weeks during that dead time so you still end the whole thing around the same time of January.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Right, and that's still too damned hot for a game before 7 pm.

In 2024, that’s August 24.
In 2025, that’s August 23.
Yeah, that's easily doable. One more week is not gonna matter to hardcore football lovers.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Abolish all bowls and conference championship games, but expand the regular season for everyone to 14 games.

The only postseason should be the playoffs, which should start the very next Saturday after the end of the regular season.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login