Positives from Az. State

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Wow! Some of you are such fair weather friends.

Real football fans should know that recovering from last year’s disaster is not a one year deal. Do some of you remember when the Lane Train’s team couldn’t stop anyone? Rebuilding a defense will take a real effort. Defense is the place we have always prided ourselves on and we will get back to that one day.

We didn’t quit on the field like some of you beauty sleep boys. I give Lebby credit for that. His players are behind him and the staff. Film and coaching will produce a better effort on Saturday against Toledo.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022

Real football fans should know that recovering from last year’s disaster is not a one year deal. Do some of you remember when the Lane Train’s team couldn’t stop anyone? Rebuilding a defense will take a real effort. Defense is the place we have always prided ourselves on and we will get back to that one day.

We didn’t quit on the field like some of you beauty sleep boys. I give Lebby credit for that. His players are behind him and the staff. Film and coaching will produce a better effort on Saturday against Toledo.

The second half made me feel a lot better about this coaching staff long term. It's going to be a tough year but keeping the team in it after that 1st half is an accomplishment.

Another positive is that Mario Craver looks great as a freshman. Made a mistake on that push off in the 1st half but he is going to continue to get better and be a good player for us.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
The second half made me feel a lot better about this coaching staff long term. It's going to be a tough year but keeping the team in it after that 1st half is an accomplishment.

Another positive is that Mario Craver looks great as a freshman. Made a mistake on that push off in the 1st half but he is going to continue to get better and be a good player for us.
If that was a push off, then holding should be called on every snap of a game.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012

I’m glad the team is behind him . But I wouldn’t be surprised to see a loss against Toledo.

patdog

May 28, 2007
There are no positives. I know, didn’t quit, yada yada. But that should be a given. Fact is we got destroyed at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball all night by a middle of the pack (at best) Big 12 team. It’s gonna be a looong SEC season.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008

Will the film make us any faster or stronger on defense? Because they flat got trucked last night

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004

Pessimist in me expects him to take a nice NIL payday after the season.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We will be fine next week. But one does wonder if any of our O linemen can play ironman.

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
At first I was thinking Lebbys fast paced offense would leave the defense gassed from being on the field more. But they were getting rolled from the beginning. That coupled with our inability to move the ball consistently or give Shapen any time before running for his life gave us the debacle last night.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We can be streaky on offense and I think that will result in some interesting games, particularly at home.

But way more negatives than positives for sure. That felt like something straight out of 2003, when sometimes we would do a little on offense with Fant and Jenkins and Norwood or Nick Turner, but the defense was so bad it didn’t matter. That game had a little bit of 03 Oregon feel to it.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I will give the team and coaches credit for one thing. They did not give up. They came out and played a better second half. I watched the entire game and ASU did not hold up at all. Our guys just played better. Brings up another question. Why did it take an entire half to figure it out.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
I will give the team and coaches credit for one thing. They did not give up. They came out and played a better second half. I watched the entire game and ASU did not hold up at all. Our guys just played better. Brings up another question. Why did it take an entire half to figure it out.
Because our Achilles heel is we expect other teams that are not SEC to tremble and sweat when our HAIL STATE bus rolls onto campus. Simply because we are in the SEC doesn’t give us the right to take anyone outside our conference lightly (see Maine, South AL, et. all).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login