Potential AFC playoff scenarios.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
With the canceling on the game that has set in motion several different scenarios for playoff games including neutral site games with some of the matchups.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Still don't understand why they cancelled. Didn't they learn anything from COVID?

It's amazing to me that all the lessons learned during that time are being thrown out the window. All the people who wanted all this change are now the ones clamoring to get back to the rigidity of pre-COVID. Just idiotic. History, doomed, repeat, etc.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Still don't understand why they cancelled. Didn't they learn anything from COVID?

It's amazing to me that all the lessons learned during that time are being thrown out the window. All the people who wanted all this change are now the ones clamoring to get back to the rigidity of pre-COVID. Just idiotic. History, doomed, repeat, etc.
Coronabro hijack alert.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Im not sure I follow

The main issue is they’re going into the last week of the season so there’s really no wiggle room to juggle the schedule

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Coronabro hijack alert.
YeAh MaYuN....yEaH

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Im not sure I follow

The main issue is they’re going into the last week of the season so there’s really no wiggle room to juggle the schedule
Exactly.

The Pro Bowl games is held the weekend before the Super Bowl so pushing back the playoffs isn't an option.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Exactly.

The Pro Bowl games is held the weekend before the Super Bowl so pushing back the playoffs isn't an option.

Well, I think they could move those. The bigger issue is moving playoffs back going from 2 weeks to 1 week between conference championship weekend and the Super Bowl. That greatly magnifies the impact of injuries in the championship weekend, and greatly reduces preparation time for both of the eventual Super Bowl teams.

And obviously moving the Super Bowl back one week is way out of the question.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I hate the idea of neutral fields for the playoff games. Championship Sunday in the NFL is my favorite day of the football season because it's the most important games that are played at the home stadiums. The Super Bowl is usually a letdown, to be honest.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I hate the idea of neutral fields for the playoff games. Championship Sunday in the NFL is my favorite day of the football season because it's the most important games that are played at the home stadiums. The Super Bowl is usually a letdown, to be honest.
I think the odds of a neutral site championship game are pretty low. How often do the top 2 seeds both make the championship game? I think I'd still prefer letting the team with the best winning percentage host or even flip a coin, but I understand why they came to the decision they did.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Well, I think they could move those. The bigger issue is moving playoffs back going from 2 weeks to 1 week between conference championship weekend and the Super Bowl. That greatly magnifies the impact of injuries in the championship weekend, and greatly reduces preparation time for both of the eventual Super Bowl teams.

And obviously moving the Super Bowl back one week is way out of the question.
Yeah, they can.

None of this matters because KC taking the title anyway.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login