Powder Blue

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Serious question
Mississippi used powder blue in nearly every game this year. It’s being used more and more every season. Baseball too. The cheerleaders used it last night with the cursive M on their uniforms. The question I’ve been pondering is, is this their way of getting rid of their confederacy ties? Slowly integrate powder blue to where it becomes the primary color and before you know if the navy is gone and you don’t have to say we’re changing our racist colors, pissing off a large portion of their fan base. Then the cursive M replacing Ole Miss as the logo - that’s gonna be the difficult one. Anyway, been thinking this for a while - don’t think it’d a coincidence.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
As a long time fan of StL Cardinals I wish OM would lose the powdered blues.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I may be in full 17 the world mode regarding my deficient color vision, but no way in Hell those football jerseys last night were powder blue. The Chargers use powder blue. As do the Cardinals. And I have owned tons of powder blue gear from the Texas Rangers... I can see that color and Ole Miss football is off. Enough for it to stand out dramatically to my color blind ***.

One of these is not like the other:

View attachment 23476

View attachment 23477

View attachment 23478

View attachment 23479

Looks more like this to me:

View attachment 23480

Last edited:

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Serious question
Mississippi used powder blue in nearly every game this year. It’s being used more and more every season. Baseball too. The cheerleaders used it last night with the cursive M on their uniforms. The question I’ve been pondering is, is this their way of getting rid of their confederacy ties? Slowly integrate powder blue to where it becomes the primary color and before you know if the navy is gone and you don’t have to say we’re changing our racist colors, pissing off a large portion of their fan base. Then the cursive M replacing Ole Miss as the logo - that’s gonna be the difficult one. Anyway, been thinking this for a while - don’t think it’d a coincidence.

Their helmets were powder blue all throughout the Steve Sloan and Billy Brewer years. With the colonel reb on the side of the helmet

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login