Pretty stout Omaha field this year

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Wake Forest, LSU, Tennessee, Stanford all on one side of things is loaded.

The other side isn’t quite as stacked, Florida appears to be the favorite on that side but Virginia and ORU are already 50 win teams and TCU is a high ceiling team that has been super hot.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
No single team that I can silently root for. ORU would maybe qualify, but they'll get eaten alive.

I guess I'll have to be on the fence about Wake Forest unless y'all can give me any reason not like them.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
No single team that I can silently root for. ORU would maybe qualify, but they'll get eaten alive.

I guess I'll have to be on the fence about Wake Forest unless y'all can give me any reason not like them.

Easy decision for me. I’ll be rooting for the Cardinal.

I was known to wear a Stanford CWS champs sweater back when I was a student at State.

When you have kin who were at the Farm & I was formerly employed there though there was nothing farmlike about the campus…

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'll continue pulling for Stanford. During the Super we hosted they were some of the nicest fans we've hosted. Brought lots of food and bevs to LFL and were very complimentary of MS during and after the Super. Besides they put TX out this year so they get kudos for that. Otherwise I'll pull for whoever puts Vitello & Co out. I hope they get food poisoning at Applebee's and we get a new Ryan's type story from it

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Wake Forest, LSU, Tennessee, Stanford all on one side of things is loaded.

The other side isn’t quite as stacked, Florida appears to be the favorite on that side but Virginia and ORU are already 50 win teams and TCU is a high ceiling team that has been super hot.
I’ll cheer against LSU, Tennessee and to a lesser extent Florida. I’ll pull for Wake and ORU. Pretty indifferent on Stanford and Virginia.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's a shame they don't re-seed the tournament for the CWS like they used to.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Virginia or Stanford.
The whole John Grisham thing keeps me from pulling for Virginia. Also, their fans are pricks just like Ole Miss fans. The way they talk and act. Also what they think about VA Tech. I can't pull for them. As far as fan bases goes, VA fans are a lot like Ole Miss fans and the VA Tech fans are like ours. I am around them a lot because of my job.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022

I guess I'll have to be on the fence about Wake Forest unless y'all can give me any reason not like them.Y
Yeah, I'll have to go for the Giant Prayer Tower University Golden Eagles. Too bad USM couldn't make it and play against ORU. See which Golden Eagle flies the highest. 51 wins ain't bad no matter who you play. Guess maybe we should keep an eye on their coach next year, if Lemon doesn't make it. However, ORU coach probably will be gone by then with all the openings popping up.
1686670331260.png

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I’ll cheer against LSU, Tennessee and to a lesser extent Florida. I’ll pull for Wake and ORU. Pretty indifferent on Stanford and Virginia.
Yes, this lines up with my thinking, except for Virginia. I cannot stand Virginia and their fans.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login